National press

• not really sure whether its good or bad to be honest

FI will not want mainstream attention drawn to their shenanigans but at the same time it may give them a kick up the arse to start acting within the rulebook & law

whether it is too late for that i dont know

what i do know is that no new customers would want to sign up to this given the shitstorm that's brewing up

i blame FI twitter and all them idiot accounts for trying to bully that cranberry bloke after giving his opinion

backfired big time on them

• I'm not sure Caan should really be playing the victim when he tweeted this week:

It's personal and I will continue the campaign

Put up a picture of Donald Duck and captioned it FI strategy team

Not the acts of someone who wants to be left alone.....and these were posted 2 days after his hilarious 'sorry' video, in which he apologised twice then went on to play the victim card in a style that Prince Andrew would have applauded him for.

The article today ?
    Written by a racing correspondent, clearly a friend of Caan's that is just a cut and paste from Caan's blog. That's Not journalism. No balance. No research. Claims top payout is 14p. It is not. It's 28p. It has to be factual, and balanced to have credibility.

I don't agree with abusing Caan, although he has created a storm and cried when he got wet. IMO the positive is that FI need to react and react strongly. Time will tell.

• @Munchie63 said in National press:

I'm not sure Caan should really be playing the victim when he tweeted this week:

It's personal and I will continue the campaign

Put up a picture of Donald Duck and captioned it FI strategy team

Not the acts of someone who wants to be left alone.....and these were posted 2 days after his hilarious 'sorry' video, in which he apologised twice then went on to play the victim card in a style that Prince Andrew would have applauded him for.

The article today ?
    Written by a racing correspondent, clearly a friend of Caan's that is just a cut and paste from Caan's blog. That's Not journalism. No balance. No research. Claims top payout is 14p. It is not. It's 28p. It has to be factual, and balanced to have credibility.

I don't agree with abusing Caan, although he has created a storm and cried when he got wet. IMO the positive is that FI need to react and react strongly. Time will tell.

But the top payout is 14p. There are two of them on a gold day.

• Yet more bad publicity.

Not looking good.

• @o_O said in National press:

Yet more bad publicity.

Not looking good.

Theres an old saying....no publicity is bad publicity.

Whilst the content may not be good, it may highlight the platform to people who never heard of it and may be tempted to join and have a look.

• @Ddr As someone has said earlier, if people see what the value of the players were, and the prices now am sure there will be some that see the potential CA and want to get in.

• @Lillychar1216 Hopefully but when a newspaper article is suggesting people's money is stuck in the product...who in their right mind wants to invest in that...

• @Ddr Who would want to have a look after that article. They could have come out of it ok, but instead they do exactly what they have been doing lately, which is fuck all to give any confidence. Not even the slightest hint of "users have nothing to worry about in terms of our finances". Instead just the usual wall of silence.

• @howsthebacon Fair point, but maybe people will look a bit deeper into it

• @Lillychar1216 said in National press:

@howsthebacon Fair point, but maybe people will look a bit deeper into it

and when they look deeper, what are you expecting them to find? It's a complete shitshow in every way.

• @Lillychar1216 Would you, Seriously? Even if I did i'd instantly be looking for the negatives rather than positives.

• @Bamford-s-Armpit Would I what?

• Why would someone who sells training videos and pdfs for betfair trading be so persistent at engaging in bad faith arguments with FI and its community at a time when they're disgruntled and wanting to get their money out of the platform? Hmmmmmm, that is a tricky one.

It must be because they have the best interests of everyone at heart and absolutely no other reason. A hero! A knight in shining armour!

• @Ddr Oscar Wilde

• @Ddr said in National press:

Whilst the content may not be good, it may highlight the platform to people who never heard of it and may be tempted to join and have a look.

That's a bit like Martin Lewis saying XYZ is a scam and the reader thinking 'I've never heard of XYZ, I might pile some cash in'.

If you are Katie Price trading off of media, there is no such thing as bad publicity. If you are Gerald Ratner, bad publicity is bad publicity.

What it might do is bring FI to the attention of another newspaper. If their 'expert' disagrees with the Guardian article the story will disappear. If the second 'expert' confirms the first opinion, the bad publicity will grow and so on.

• At this point I'm thinking they need a tory on the board. At least then the Mail will hide any shite.

• @o_O

In looking deeper maybe they'll visit trust pilot to try and suss it out. finding 100's of angry one star reviews. You'd be mad to sign up for the index in its current state.

• Banned

What that article does is it puts the pressure on the gambling commission and other regulatory entities to start digging and I suspect once they start digging they will start finding some really proper stinky corpses lying under the surface.

• It’s Caan up to his old tricks.

He’s just bitter because everyone is downvoting his book and YouTube videos.

“Pro gambler” that can’t prove he actually makes a living from gambling and won’t confirm whether he’s taking kickbacks from other gambling companies.

Very dodgy guy.

He probably tried all the papers and the Guardian were the ones desperate enough to run the story (no surprise there).