Would FI ever backtrack?

• FI was absolutely brilliant back in the day. Thoroughly enjoyed it as a casual better and a football lover. Do you think FI would ever seriously consider reverting back and recreating the product that everybody loved before order books? Does anyone think they could ever hold their hands up and say "this hasn't worked and we're going back to the previous format"?

• They're not going to be getting any market makers in any time soon so it could be their only option to try and save the platform. I think there's too many issues with the old model running like a ponzi for them to go back to it though.

• @Zizou Yeah unless the replacement of IPD is sensational I can't see any other way.

• @GingerPele1987

If you mean bringing back instant sell, where they buy your shares back from you, zero chance. Too much liability their end if they did.

• The index is in a dire mess.
    A gold day and all you see is downward price pressure on most players.
    Down another 6% last 24 hrs with most of that today.

It has been mentioned the next communication has to be a big positive otherwise I fear for the future.

Trying to retain some positivity but it's bloody hard🤨

• FI are still looking for a long term business model.
    The old format wasn't sustainable and I suspect the current one isn't either.

As a concept FPL crossed with Betfair is great idea, but can it be a profitable business????

• The half way house would be to keep order books (which I see as irreversable) but to offer IS via their own bids. So for every share in circulation there is a FI bid in.

For example Reyna future is minted at £1.50, FI put in a bid of say 50% off that.

This is how I assumed they would do it when OBs were on the horizon. No reason you couldn't have the advanctages of both IS and OBs

• @SDOAFIT said in Would FI ever backtrack?:

For example Reyna future is minted at £1.50, FI put in a bid of say 50% off that.

Yes this is what they should do.
    It makes no sense to expect third party liquidity providers when FI won't do it themselves with all the advantages that creates.

• @Gazz127 said in Would FI ever backtrack?:

The index is in a dire mess.
    A gold day and all you see is downward price pressure on most players.
    Down another 6% last 24 hrs with most of that today.

It has been mentioned the next communication has to be a big positive otherwise I fear for the future.

Trying to retain some positivity but it's bloody hard🤨

I don’t understand... I thought the social influencers / podcast w*nkers told us that removing IPDs would boost cap app. Surely they’re not wrong are they?

• @ocs123 Just look at the biggest faller last 24hrs!

Arguably regarded as one of the safest holds on the index Joshua Kimmich down 11% as I speak.

Just don't understand anymore🤔, unless of course he's been ruled out for a month and I haven't noticed🤨

There is no safe hold at the moment.

• @ocs123 who would of thought 🤷🏻‍♂️

These people need to look beneath the surface when it comes to these things and look at the market as a whole. When you do that you realise all areas of the market support each other

• This post is deleted!

• @ocs123

Unfortunately it's often the stupidest that shout the loudest but that's not unusual, just look at Twitter for further evidence. However, for FI to not only listen to them but also do what they wanted, wrecking the trust, liquidity, demand & confidence in the platform in the process, is simply farcically beyond belief & has inflicted permanent & irreparable long term damage.

I fully expect the next Podcast to include an apology & explanation of why constantly pumping ANY single player, irrespective of his price, is very unwise & simply creates an unsustainable bubble, even if they are a decent player at £5 they can still be overpriced at £15+ yet to still be pumping them is irresponsible.

• @Burial said in Would FI ever backtrack?:

@GingerPele1987

If you mean bringing back instant sell, where they buy your shares back from you, zero chance. Too much liability their end if they did.

But I think even they made more money with IS in place opposed to this new version. They said they had to get rid of it as they weren't allowed to continue it, but other platforms still offer their own version of IS so not sure that's true.

• did you notice once those 2 lowball Kimmich offer prices....300 shares at 20p below the rest were removed by the pumper the price rose again.

manipulation.

re MM's I'd say check out the Boycie chat on Figs podcast this week. Explains the situation very well, and why you don't want Lots of MM;s

I'd agree that FI should be offering 50% on players. They still make 50% (less any won divs of course) and remove shares from the market. While possibly seeing more commission from that money going back in......IF the market sentiment improves

• I just don't know who to believe I used to recycle my dividends in to players and going to stop doing that now know one truly knows it's all guess work and opinions

• to put it simply even if they wanted to go back to being the market maker they wouldnt have the money to do it now

they've spunked an obscene amount on useless promotions , sponsorships and coles private yacht

i dont think people understand the amount of money it would take to sustain any kind of upward pressure now

• @thelossadjustor if you think you know and are willing to explain how much money you think is required to sustain upward pressure, people would be interested to read that thread.

• @thelossadjustor I'd be interested to hear that, how much money do you think it will take specifically? Have you let the guys in FI towers know how much it will be?

• It wouldn't take a huge amount (relatively speaking to FI) to lift the market. Remember a month or so back there was a thread about it only taking £1,200 and £4,000 to lift Bruno and possibly Sancho for the other, both rising by 50 or 60p really quickly? If FI (or a whale for that matter) wanted to, 50k into the top 10 could kickstart something brilliant. If the top 10 rise, traders would look at the next 10 down as value and buy, them the next chunk and so on.

That being said, confidence is so low currently, and we're waiting on an imminent divs announcement so it's a.) Highly unlikely any trader would do it and b.) Likely to be used as an exit point for some traders, making it counter productive for FI.