Someone explain this...

• Ok, this isn't me being a negative troll, this is a genuine post... You see Jovic up top of the risers board, so you have a look at him, and you see this..
    1.jpg

Can someone please just explain how this is a functioning market, and how FI have been happy to have the market work like this for the last 4 months, because I look at this and just think. 'what the fuck is this'?

You've get a player listed as 81p and up 35%, but when you look at his, his value is somewhere between 46p and 73p

How can you have a market like this? It's just stupid. FI make out they're trying to attract big traders, and this is the market. It makes no sense. In what universe is his price 81p? Or am i missing something?

• @o_O what price did you buy him at?

• Yeah it ain't right it really needs to just show the lowest someone wants to sell at true reflection. Rather than being so deceptive. But that's what it is on here now

• the IS Bids are old bids try putting in an offer

• @o_O I personally would prefer if the buy and sell buttons displayed the highest and lowest of bids no matter how small the volume so that you could see exactly what the spread is. It would be volatile but a lot easier to trade at a glance

• Lots of examples like that. I have a measly 9 shares left in Soldado. Benchmark is 28p and Buy is 38p, but I listed them 10 days ago for 19p and they won't sell.

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (6).png

There have been no bids for over 10 days, but I can't lower my offer. FI are keeping the price artificially high. Why can't I offer at 10p or even 5p.

I'm not bothered about the money as it is less than £2, but it highlights the point that FI are artificially inflating portfolio values.

Got a few shares like this to sell at any price to get them out of my portfolio, then I will just be left with 10 x Ronaldo, 10 x Lewandowski, 10 x Messi, 10 x Cavani, 10 x Suarez that I'm going to leave in and see what happens.

• @Honeylight They won't sell cause the lad is 35. The fact his minimum sell price is 18P is crazy considering you would probably offload him for a few pennies.

This is a problem across many players but hopefully, it will get addressed in the near future as I am sure it is very frustrating for many traders.

• Can someone explain why my last 24hr figure shows my port up £345 when it is actually down £70 ?

• @NorfolkCanary

Have you bought or sold in the last 24 hours? The figure only compares shares that you had yesterday and still have today.

Screenshot (8).png

• @Honeylight thank you... the benchmark figure is the figure we all dream of reaching one day.

• @NorfolkCanary If you are using the website (as opposed to the app), there is an 'i' symbol next to the portfolio summary. Click that for a definition of how each value is calculated. They are all based on benchmark and therefore meaningless.

• Thanks Honeylight,

• @Black-Wolf said in Someone explain this...:

@o_O I personally would prefer if the buy and sell buttons displayed the highest and lowest of bids no matter how small the volume so that you could see exactly what the spread is. It would be volatile but a lot easier to trade at

I don’t think this would be good for traders. If a player had say 900 shares for sale at £1 and 1 share for sale at 90p under your proposal the buy now price would be 90p. Can you imagine a new trader clicking buy now thinking they are paying 90p per share for 300 shares but really pay £1 each.

Also every holder will see their port see huge swings when very few swings are offered for sale or receive bids.

The system at the moment is far from perfect but you proposal doesn’t help imho

• @Frank-Mole-Pepys you would have to do it the way other exchanges and OBs do an clearly lay out the cost of your purchase before completing the transaction but yes people might get caught out if they are careless. Really the OB on FI shouldnt be. A tab you have to select it should be the default display under each player instead of the bio