Transfer Rumours 2021

• Ah miss the days when the forum subjects were actually about football.

So lets talk transfer rumours and pump away

Josh Maja Bordeaux to West Ham

Former Sunderland star Josh Maja has emerged as a potential option for West Ham United in their pursuit of a goalscorer this month, according to talkSPORT.
    West Ham are in the market for a striker after they sold Sebastien Haller to Ajax earlier this month for a fee of €25m.

They made a concrete move for Sevilla striker Youssef En-Nesyri and tabled a bid worth €30m for him, but the Spanish club knocked back the offer
    West Ham have called off their pursuit of the Moroccan for now, despite signs that Sevilla would be willing to deal for around €40m.

The Hammers are considering other options in the market and it has been claimed that Maja is one of the players the club are tracking.

• Being a Hammer they have already made offers for Boulaye Dia of Reims and Gaetan Laborde, both have been knocked back but that's the kind of striker they want so I wouldn't be surprised if they go back in. Not sure if Maja fits the bill but to be fair we've been linked with just about every striker known to man so who knows.

• @Mcalisp I appreciate you probably don't want to think it through, but what do you think about Rice's situation. Surely he is going over the summer? Chelsea/Utd?

• Yes he probably will be on his way in the summer, if we're lucky maybe we get another season out of him but as long as we get top £ then I don't mind.

• Douglas Costa to Wolves

• Thoughts on adama to liverpool? What could it do to his price (54p right now)? I reckon a return to form for him at a top club like Liverpool could tempt a few rockets....

• @NewUser611084 possibly, and it would be a boost but what kind of game time would be get. I think an interesting and additional question might be who out of Liverpool's front three might leave this summer?

• @NewUser611084 Adama hasn't had a great season but is improving. There has been a contract issue which should get sorted hopefully in the next month. I would say for circa 54p its a no brainer, he's only 24 at the moment and is still improving, on his day he is unstoppable - will we cash in? I doubt it unless its a huge bid. He's also got Euro21 potential as he's becoming a regular for Spain now and could really stand out.

• @Wolvesfan1980 Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers have been linked with a move for Juventus’ Douglas Costa.Reports in Italy have stated that Douglas Costa’s ongoing loan stint at Bayern Munich could be cut short this month and Wolves could be one of the clubs interested in the Brazilian.Gazzetta dello Sport in Italy talk about Costa’s current situation at Bayern, stating that he wasn’t even in the squad for Bayern’s recent game against Freiburg and the absence wasn’t injury related either. They go on to state that Costa’s loan stint at the Allianz Arena could be cut short this month.

The report states that there has been some interest from England recently, especially from Wolves and Manchester United. It is also said that because of the impact of the pandemic, Costa would be allowed to play for a third European club this season.

• @NewUser611084 Liverpool have been lacklustre in recent weeks. The Reds need to shake things up. Jürgen Klopp is without a win in four and without a goal in three. There’s plenty of talk about how to best address the issues. Liverpool are reportedly weighing up a move for Adama Traore, the Reds need him desperately.The Reds are always on the lookout for a bargain and there could be one on the horizon.

According to Sport in Spain, Liverpool are considering a move for Adama...........https://www.rousingthekop.com/2021/01/21/liverpool-reportedly-weighing-up-adama-traore-transfer-they-need-him/

• Arkadiusz Milik is likely to end up at Marseille. Good player if stays fit. He'll almost certainly be one of the best forwards in Ligue 1.

Can't see Adama going to Liverpool. Klopp wants industry and end product from his wide men as they are the main source of Liverpool's goals.

• @Selwyn The deal to bring Arkadiusz Milik to Olympique Marseille is moving steadily to its completion. The last hurdle for the Napoli player to complete his transfer remains pending actions between Milik and the neapolitan club. Napoli expects Milik to offer payment for a restuaurant he opened in Poland and for the fines levied after the player mutiny and refusal to enter a training retreat under Carlo Ancelotti after qualification in the Champions League. read more here.........https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/napoli-final-obstacle-to-clear-for-milik-to-move-to-olympique-marseille

• I remember when market sentiment used to be based around transfers and who went where... this made investing in the next EPL target very attractive...These days there is no such joy... flat as a pancake the market.... although Jean Phillipe Mateta did see a seven day spike following his loan move to Crystal Palace... after starting the week at 0.42 and dropping down to 0.29 he's now back where he started after peaking at 0.45... although despite this movement, some guy selling at 0.40 still cannot get rid with 354 shares left... another has 305 shares for sale at 0.45... clutching, oh, yes, when the best bid you have is some bloke wanting less than a hundred for 34p each....

The issue for me is the fact only 200-300k per day is matched across the platform (across the 3k active traders we are trading only £100 a day each (most of it probably locked in cash))... I recently heard that Betfair Exchange took over £7m in a day on one match (think it was Chelsea v Spurs at xmas).... This to me suggests that there is HUGE money in football betting... MORE than enough to go around on FI... but for some reason people aren't getting FI... too complicated for newbies... certainly too untrusted for those existing, fingers already burnt by their antics... I'm seriously considering setting something up very similar that can work for 'everyone' without this continual feel of disappointment... A simple football platform where shares go up and down based on player performance... Imagine that!!!!! what a great idea!!! Surely a simpleton can make it work???

• @dannypea said in Transfer Rumours 2021:

I'm seriously considering setting something up very similar that can work for 'everyone' without this continual feel of disappointment... A simple football platform where shares go up and down based on player performance... Imagine that!!!!! what a great idea!!! Surely a simpleton can make it work???

Really? If you do set one up, I'll be interested in having a look.

• As the end of the January transfer window approaches, Inter Milan midfielder Christian Eriksen is becoming a hot topic, with reports in some parts claiming he could return to Tottenham Hotspur.......read more here https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/tottenham-christian-eriksen-transfer-deal-19677294

• @Londoner I have the idea, the figures, the finances, the only thing i'm struggling for is a developer to create something suitable for me... have even asked FI to share their secrets and potentially collab!!! ;-)

Perhaps anyone with a web background would like to get in touch? I think 'we' can do it better having learned from FI's mistakes.., A forum consortium of investors with knowledge could certainly get something like this to work smoother and without the need to keep changing the goalposts of its dynamics!!!

• @roguetrader said in Transfer Rumours 2021:

@Wolvesfan1980 Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers have been linked with a move for Juventus’ Douglas Costa.Reports in Italy have stated that Douglas Costa’s ongoing loan stint at Bayern Munich could be cut short this month and Wolves could be one of the clubs interested in the Brazilian.Gazzetta dello Sport in Italy talk about Costa’s current situation at Bayern, stating that he wasn’t even in the squad for Bayern’s recent game against Freiburg and the absence wasn’t injury related either. They go on to state that Costa’s loan stint at the Allianz Arena could be cut short this month.

The report states that there has been some interest from England recently, especially from Wolves and Manchester United. It is also said that because of the impact of the pandemic, Costa would be allowed to play for a third European club this season.

But he's not Portuguese 😜