Announcement Verdict: Unsexy...but just what was needed ✅

• Today’s announcement is a return to FI’s original mantra. A return to its roots- holding quality players. The 1p Match Day Extra divs may not appear to be particularly flattering at first glance, and they aren’t, but they reinforce the mantra of holding quality and the extra divs will add up nicely over time.
    I’m quietly relieved the offer was sensible and not overly generous. They last thing we need is some boom/bust, unrealistic offer that leave FI vulnerable or they cannot maintain. And then have to withdrawal further down the line. This would not help anyone. Now is the time for stability and gradual market growth- not flashy offers. The divs on offer are already fantastic value, so any further incentive wasn’t really needed. Confidence and stability is what is needed.
    The liquidity should now flow to the top 400 or so players. 1000’s of players just wasn’t sustainable post ME, spreading the liquidity too thin. These ever changing top 400 will be traded in and out of, as form, age and FOMO drives the market. The liquidity will be strong in these players. And then, as the elite players become too heated, money will flow into the more fringe and youth talent. I’m looking forward to a bright few months ahead
    (I might also add, anyone new to the forum, take anything @oO and @A Former User says with a pinch of salt. They are both the same bloke. He cashed out at rather a large loss during the dip, and he’s unable to get over it. But this was his decision. He now spends his days trolling every single thread. One day he will accept it and move on with life).

• Agree totally except for the twats Oo and former user. Don’t think there ever move on. There just losers with nothing better to do in life. Except to bore everyone with there bad luck story’s.

• @Valhalla totally agree mate, this will be extra percentage profit so all good. Hopefully we get a nice steady rise with residual value to snap up in certain players. That O bloke was so bitter wasn't he, funny at first but got old quick.

• didnt necessarily want anything generous as it has to be sustainable long term. but they had to compensate for all those ipd players that are now massively in trouble. just sticking two fingers up at a portion of the user base who decided on a ipd strategy (which the company steered people towards with 5x ipds etc) and now many users left in the dirt with thousands of shares in declining assets. they just dont think properly before they act, goldfish. thousands lost in value yeah lets cheer for those extra pennies that domenico berardi and the like may get. shafted, not good enough.

• @Burt both the same person 😄 he’s actually an alright bloke. He’s just very, very pissed he lost money. And trolling every thread is his only outlet.

• @NewUser628679 said in Announcement Verdict? Unremarkable...but just what was needed ✅:

didnt necessarily want anything generous as it has to be sustainable long term. but they had to compensate for all those ipd players that are now massively in trouble. just sticking two fingers up at a portion of the user base who decided on a ipd strategy (which the company steered people towards with 5x ipds etc) and now many users left in the dirt with thousands of shares in declining assets. they just dont think properly before they act, goldfish. thousands lost in value yeah lets cheer for those extra pennies that domenico berardi and the like may get. shafted, not good enough.

Agree with this also. This pumping of IPD’s then sudden axing of them was unacceptable. This is exactly the kind of confusing message they need to get away from under Mike Bohan. He’s hopefully steering back into a more stable direction. Where ppl won’t feel the bet will suddenly get changed. As has happened to often recently. You can cut them some slack because of Covid, but only a little. Going forward, they need to rebuild trader trust. They need to settle on a formula and leave it alone.

• @NewUser628679 some of those IPD players are great value now, I hope they go down some more. All players in PB league's can win divs n they regularly do. Suarez is an ipd player n he won top player tonight! I personally don't think anyone has been shafted by this extra dividend.

• @NewUser7
    some are yes but people are also stuck with the older ipd players. they are taking a massive hit, cant blame people being angry and resentful. they also havent addressed goalscorers. immobile is a prime example. he could score 8 in 6 games, 30 a season and barely win a dividend over a season. that isnt a good look for the platform.

• It’s also going to be interesting to see what they mean by “entering your players into tournaments and competitions”. Could be a fun little extra. Taking a leaf out of Sorare and Footstock’s book.

• @Valhalla well said 👍

• @NewUser7

Whilst all players can win a PB div, how realistic is it.

In the last 12 months around 500 players have won one or more PB div. That means around 2,900 players haven't.

Of the 500 who have won one or more 100 are guys who have won three or more, so they are the fairly predictable winners, so let's take them out of the equation. So outside of the top 100, 400 out of 3,400 players won between 1 or 2 PB divs in the last 12 months. In general there was almost certainly an element of luck to those wins.

That's odds of 1 in 8.5, let's call it 1 in 8 to be generous.

Now most of those PB wins were probably on bronze days, so that's 4p, but again let's be generous and say it was a silver day. So that's 8p.

So outside of the top 100 PB players you have a 1 in 8 chance of winning 8p a year. How much are you willing to pay for that? I'm guessing not a lot.

The vast majority of players have been rendered pretty much worthless by the removal of IPD and the introduction of this new div.

Now my port is almost entirely made up of PB players so this hasn't impacted me too much. But what FI have demonstrated is that they are willing to change the game at minimal notice and render vast swathes of the market pointless, while screwing over many people's trading strategy. It's that type of uncertainty that is preventing people putting in more money and is suppressing prices. I'm still willing to gamble on my players, but I want a much better yield than before because, in addition to the inherent risks that come with buying footballers (loss of form, transfers, injury etc) I've got the added risk of FI just screwing me.

The change is what it is, but let's not pretend that FI have done anything other than disenfranchise a massive part of it's user base. Some of those people will grit their teeth and try to adjust their trading strategy (good luck selling those worthless IPD players), but many more will just give up. They won't put any more money in, they'll withdraw whenever they finally manage to sell and they'll almost certainly warn off any of their mates who might be thinking of getting involved.

It's going to take a long time to undo the damage done in the last 9 months.

• the rumblings of discontentment are getting louder and louder :)

• If Match day extra was in place since the start of this season (16 complete game weeks) 247 different players would have won the extra dividends.

1 player has won it 5x
    2 players have won it 4x
    12 players have won it 3x
    39 players have won it 2x
    193 players have won it 1x

247 different players winning divs in the first half of the season.
    Info provided by @footyindexLDN on twitter.

T

• @Sill7 said in Announcement Verdict: Unsexy...but just what was needed ✅:

Sounds decent at first glance, but it's 1p in half a season for the vast majority of those, and the other 3000 have returned zilch.
    Not exactly what you need if your port is stacked with lower end players.

• @GeoffS yeah get your point mate, but most of the 3000 plus players aren't what I consider to be IPD, most you probably shouldn't buy, but that's the skill element isn't it. People have lost money, I have too but that's the nature of the beast isn't it.

• @Sill7 said in Announcement Verdict: Unsexy...but just what was needed ✅:

If Match day extra was in place since the start of this season (16 complete game weeks) 247 different players would have won the extra dividends.

1 player has won it 5x
    2 players have won it 4x
    12 players have won it 3x
    39 players have won it 2x
    193 players have won it 1x

Info provided by @footyindexLDN on twitter.

Interesting stuff 💪🏻 thanks. I bet Messi is the one who has won it 5 times....little argie hobbit. 😏

• lets face it, any news is positive news and although i was quite confused by the whole matrix with it all on announcement... I was initially happy especially after seeing some green come into play... less than 300k had been matched on each of the two days previous, so seeing a whopping 900k+ traded in the last 24 hours is certainly good for FI... But... my own portfolio has not moved an ounce!!!!!!

Maybe it's because I have bad investments? A lot more i think to do with people getting out on the rises with some of their higher priced assets finally being able to sell? Top price overnight sees Neymar up 44p... with limited shares set to 1m i expected to see that rise even more, especially on the likes of Sancho who they cleverly plugged?

Suppose all we can do is sit and wait... I feel the matrix have at least shifted into something that is now investible, buying players who will reward you for them doing well is what it is all about.... I hope that people now find it all simple enough to follow, so we start getting trading above the 1m mark per day which it needs to be for the platform to continue to be a success!

• @GeoffS
    very well put. i like the product but cant stand the management who just piss on traders as and when. Be honest how many could recommend this product to people they know. this is the main damage done word of mouth. if every happy user gets just one person they know to sign up the index grows naturally. that hasnt happened for months.

• @dannypea yes, feels like we have a more solid, simpler base to build up from now. Ppl can concentrate of packing their port with dividend returning quality without being distracted by IPD’s and other complications. I bet all the companies like Indexgain and Index Edge are rubbing their hands with glee, now ppl will be flocking to their sites unearth undiscovered PB talent. 😄

• @Valhalla couldn't agree more 👌 role on the divs 🤞