All things bad with FI....

• I think it's great to see some positivity coming back to the Forum and people wanting to talk about Football and FI again!

I'm all for a bit of positivity but at the same time I agree it's not in anyone's interests to censor the doomsdayers. So I thought we could have this thread to talk all things "juicy" with FI.....

• Are they all con men
    • Is it a scam
    • Is COVID really an excuse

You get my drift.

Hopefully this will serve a number purposes, it gives a platform for those with a certain viewpoint to air their grievances and it gives everyone who wants to an opportunity to counteract any claims in the safety of this thread without de-railing all the really good football or FI related threads that are springing up.

Hopefully it also gives some of those being labelled as trolls an opportunity to prove they are not trolls and keep their views (or accusations) on here. After all, if their issue is with FI, there is no reason to ruin other forum users enjoyment of the forum.

For those that want a bit of debate (got to admit I'm loving counteracting some of the accusations I see at the moment with what I'd like to think is logical reasoned argument) they can come in to this thread, for those that dont want to see the debate (or arguments) they can ignore this thread but hopefully have the comfort that other threads wont be de-railed.

It means all views are not being censored and new users can still see all the discussion if they wish. If anyone sees a perfectly good thread being de-railed, they can kindly point the users in question to this thread to carry on any "discussion"

Lets hope it works, cough cough :0) (and more importantly this doesn't all turn out to be one big scam!)

• i think one thing most agree on is they are incompetent. would call them liars and misleaders rather than conmen. the reason being that they mean what they say when they say it but have no qualms in shifting direction at a whim and certainly dont give a toss about any losses users have to swallow.
    i fully understand the anger felt by many its the same with me. the lies over not removing instant sell, liquididity, nasdaq. then bird brain bohan coming in and saying from now on complete transparency no more broken promises only to promptly remove ipds. the way the company implied there would be a decent ipd replacement only for it to be pennies for a great performance i would honestly rather they did fck all than that slap in the face for those of us with ipd ports.
    now many of us are in a position where we have portfolios with players not really suited to the current game rules. we have to decide whether to restructure yet again and be ultra patient or get what we can and move on. its going to be a long while before any trust returns if ever but im trying to not be bitter as it doesnt get you anywhere. just need to get out of this hole, now where's that bloody shovel!

• @NewUser628679 said in All things bad with FI....:

i think one thing most agree on is they are incompetent. would call them liars and misleaders rather than conmen. the reason being that they mean what they say when they say it but have no qualms in shifting direction at a whim and certainly dont give a toss about any losses users have to swallow.
    i fully understand the anger felt by many its the same with me. the lies over not removing instant sell, liquididity, nasdaq. then bird brain bohan coming in and saying from now on complete transparency no more broken promises only to promptly remove ipds. the way the company implied there would be a decent ipd replacement only for it to be pennies for a great performance i would honestly rather they did fck all than that slap in the face for those of us with ipd ports.
    now many of us are in a position where we have portfolios with players not really suited to the current game rules. we have to decide whether to restructure yet again and be ultra patient or get what we can and move on. its going to be a long while before any trust returns if ever but im trying to not be bitter as it doesnt get you anywhere. just need to get out of this hole, now where's that bloody shovel!

To be fair...

If they mean what they are saying when they say it they are not liars and not misleaders. They just got things wrong and had to do U turns. That is different from lying.

There is no question they were out of their depth re OBs and had got complacent over years of ongoing success. They assumed it would all go perfectly so most other things on FI had.

1. Buys need a timestamp.
    2. 24 hour notice of announcements likely to shift the market markedly.
    3. Most importantly, there needs to be a cut off for when "careers" expire on the platform. Without this, the market will just get more and more saturated with old players and more IPO's diluting the market further.
      I know they've said they plan to get rid of retired players, but with bigger squads these days, the platform needs to adjust to make sure a similar number of players are leaving the platform as there are joining. It also makes FI plenty.

• @SDOAFIT
    maybe, who really knows what they should be called. some will say cowboys, conmen, liars. others will give them the benefit of the doubt and say misguided. there is definitely a lack of logic and joined up thinking. no thought about how decisions affect the market and how that will influence things going forward.
    you cant make statements like ipds are now part of the dividend family and are here to stay throughout the 2021 season and then make a u turn in january citing unforeseen market dynamics. you have to foresee consequences of decisions. now the new direction sees masses of the index not in play i don't know if the management have the gumption to understand this. ultimately we are being led by incompetents flapping about being reactive rather than proactive. they don't understand their own market and influenced by a group of self serving traders who help drive decisions.

• @Sherbet Don't think they are liars or conmen. They are just changing the product to reduce their liability. To some of us who have been with FI for sometime this has not been that palatable especially as it has meant short/medium term losses. Will it things improve over the next few months.........time will tell!!

• @NewUser628679 said in All things bad with FI....:

you cant make statements like ipds are now part of the dividend family and are here to stay throughout the 2021 season and then make a u turn in january citing unforeseen market dynamics.

I'd point you to this thread for my thinking on this. Not saying it's right, but a view on potential justification for this https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/20348/covid-impact-and-the-removal-of-ipd-s/30

Unfortunately, a lot of companies have found themselves having to be reactive rather than proactive over the last year. Some have done this better than others.

• @Sherbet
    ipds were no doubt expensive. when the 5x ipds promotion was announced i was thinking they must be flush the payouts were big but just as importantly drove a portion of the user base into a certain way of operating. before this point i was buying long term holds.
    with ipd removal we went from a dividend friendly market to a big reduction being promoted as stability and progress. again a lack of steady direction and consistency. dont overpay initially then you dont have to cut back and piss people off. initially offer 1p ipd, offer 1p for every five goals a player scores just make it affordable but attractive for the whole market. comes back to a lack of foresight and thinking about consequences of policy.