What a week! Can one please explain what’s happening rockets!

• [link text](link url)been a fantastic week up 40% after months of decline. Why has it shot up?

• @cowan86 the beauty of the index 😍

• @Stevo

haha spot on...everyone gives their theories as if they are gospel....but no one really knows!

• @G27 it's the second coming

• @cowan86

It's pretty simple really.

FI are running a promo that encourages use of the Buy Button, rather than use of the Bid feature. Each time they have run a rebate, we have had the exact same results.

If you bid on a player, you are changing his Sell Price but if you use the BUY NOW button, you are removing the lowest Offers and therefore, increasing the players price. So, with more people using the BUY NOW button, we see player prices rise.

As player prices rise, we see FOMO kick in and sellers start removing their low offers too, causing more upward price movements.

• @Dan-The-Man a FI historian will be able to tell me if I am wrong. But I cannot remember the jumps that we have seen happening last time rebate promotion was on.

• @NewUser469373

If you look back at the 3 month graphs, you'll see a very visible spike in November that's the same across the board.

Kane: £4.73 to £5.50
    Sancho: £5.50 to £9
    Bruno: £5.45 to £8.93
    Rashford: £3.76 to £4.89
    Kimmich: £4.50 to £6.15
    Neymar: £5.52 to £7.48
    Haaland: £4.71 to £7.40

The rises started on the Monday as the rebate was paid out, kicked on into the Tuesday and turned some 700 players green for a week or so, then when FI removed the rebate, liquidity dried up again and the bubble burst.

• Prices are set by traders (sellers) and the positive sentiment seen over the last week has given people more confidence in the platform long term. The last announcement was well received, we have a new dividend that doesn't require refreshing and greater depth visibility. Even the new squads game, which is completely independent of the market at the moment, has gone down well too.

Panic spreads quickly but FOMO does too. Shows what positive sentiment can do.

There'll be drops again and more rises too. Order books always likely to result in more volatility than the old system, but gives even more opportunities for trading. Just need to be sensible and don't over stretch when things are good, just as you shouldn't panic and sell everything when prices dip. Best to play the game without emotion, although I know that can be hard to do when it's real money at stake.

• @Dan-The-Man is it really burst? Active traders was under 3k before Monday. Now around 6k. The dips seem to being managed too. FI has drained my optimism over the last six months, but even I am finding it tricky to be cynical.

• Lots to be positive about with European comps returning in a couple of weeks and the Euros this summer. Quite a few people will be adjusting their squads to make the most of the football coming up this year.

• @NewUser469373 said in What a week! Can one please explain what’s happening rockets!:

@Dan-The-Man is it really burst? Active traders was under 3k before Monday. Now around 6k. The dips seem to being managed too. FI has drained my optimism over the last six months, but even I am finding it tricky to be cynical.

I was talking about the bubble from the previous rebate period.

Look, you guys have got to make your own call on what happens to player prices going forward. My take is, we have a perfect storm brewing.

FI's rebate has inflated prices after a long recession ---> removing the rebate will lower Buy Button incentive ---> Removing IPD's will significantly reduce liquidity in the market whilst also reducing the number of players who win prizes and therefore the demand for players across the board drops ---> Players prices are relative, so some fall they'll take others with them ---> With prices low, FI could need to remove divs (which the updated T's & C's supposedly prepared people for)

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe 36 months from now, we've had nothing but strong growth across the board but nothing I've seen suggests that should happen.

• @Dan-The-Man I'm fairly cautious by nature so no surprise that I share your concerns.

The only reason that our virtual shares have any value is due to FI's promise to pay dividends and our confidence that they will honour that agreement.

Removal of IPD and replacement with MDE is a net reduction in dividends that should reduce the average share value. The different dividend structure will obviously favour some players and disadvantage others so the drop won't be uniform.

The new dividend structure reduces FI exposure, so that should make the model more sustainable and possibly give traders more confidence in FI's long term future.

At current prices, a lot of players appear to offer value with the dividends on offer, but I feel that a rollercoaster of booms and crashes will continue. Rather than look at long term CA, I'm thinking of cautiously trading the rollercoaster. The Pogba shares that I bought for £2.60 a few days ago are already sold for £3.40. I've possibly sold too early, but a 30% profit is a healthy profit. If removal of IPD on the 7th and end of the rebate causes a drop, I will will buy back. If it doesn't, I'll wait for the next FI induced crash.

• @cowan86
    It shot up because there's more demand than there was before :P

• @Honeylight Yeah I agree with this, I can moan that I sold Trent for a 10% profit instead of 60% but 10% profit is better than a loss.

And in the last couple of weeks when I really started to lose confidence in the platform I still expected rises despite the platform ultimately declining.

If (and it's a big if) FI does go bust the majority of traders are still going to happily trade in confidence until its too late so these recent rises haven't completely removed my doubts but its definitely a good sign.

• The market is bent and can be easily manipulated now, but hey sell on the high buy on the low or just mop up and sit on the players that's all that was done a few years back. By only having a set number of shares this is a dangerous president especially when this is not stated how many are left.

• Can’t help but thinking Sancho shooting up as high as he’s been in 3/4 months is a really positive sign

• @CLACKETT said in What a week! Can one please explain what’s happening rockets!:

The market is bent and can be easily manipulated now, but hey sell on the high buy on the low or just mop up and sit on the players that's all that was done a few years back. By only having a set number of shares this is a dangerous president especially when this is not stated how many are left.

Thought Trump had moved on ...?

• @King-Fergus precedent!