Updated Rules/T & C and dividends

• Quite surprised about the lack of discussion on the forum about the updated rules and T & C. Probably no one bothers to read them! There are a ton of new warnings and disclaimers but specifically there are a host of terms/conditions for future dividend increases/decreases.

FI have suggested that future dividend changes will primarily be determined by changes in the value of trading. This seems to be a bit of a departure from a focus on the yield. Obviously if prices rise then the value of trading should also rise given the same volume but its slightly worrying that dividends could be reduced if the market turnover stagnates.

There is lots of other stuff which I think is new regarding commission and account disputes so I would take a look.

• I’m guna bail on my one hold after transfer window/euros. Your not investing/gambling on players with your football knowledge your gambling on what the platform is going to change! Which is like the blind leading the blind.

Just hope it stays the way it is with the positivity till I can bail with a nice profit

• @NewUser565183 This is an important point. Basically, an increase in market activity = likely increase in dividends. A decrease = likely decrease. It's strange that it, and the dividend decrease, hasn't had more of a negative effect on the market. Although clearly the increase in market depth has been timed well...

Still, I can't complain! I'm close to a 16% increase in 7 days and current is up to 24% although I will be selling some shares and holding the amount in my account, as I fear a post-IPD and rebate dip. Fingers crossed that that won't happen, and that we will experience some much needed security and consistency.

• @Timmy said in Updated Rules/T & C and dividends:

@NewUser565183 This is an important point. Basically, an increase in market activity = likely increase in dividends. A decrease = likely decrease. It's strange that it, and the dividend decrease, hasn't had more of a negative effect on the market. Although clearly the increase in market depth has been timed well...

Still, I can't complain! I'm close to a 16% increase in 7 days and current is up to 24% although I will be selling some shares and holding the amount in my account, as I fear a post-IPD and rebate dip. Fingers crossed that that won't happen, and that we will experience some much needed security and consistency.

The greens in our ports are a welcome lift. On your signature, you've quoted KDB twice, by the way.

• i just go with the wind im stuck here for a bit so i just go with the flow

• @Londoner Cheers, good spot! Sorted it now.

• @NewUser565183

Nobody complains when trading is good and divs go up?

To protect FI’s business model they need to be reduced if things are going south so they could wear any storm if say another virus came along and financial markets world wide were decimated... I think it 99.9% will not happen that divs are removed, there would be no FI, without dividends nothing has any value.

To be honest these t&c’s changes are nothing new... we all knew it could happen within 30 days for any dividend. This actually gives more information on the circumstances and what changes they could make. T&c’s are worst case by design. Traders need to stop focussing on them so much. Go read the t&c’s for any big tech company you’d be amazed.

• @NewUser565183 those who previously raised concerns just got pelters... Plus lots are probably trying to sell whilst the going is sweet so don't want to talk about this.

To me the new Ts n Cs look disgusting and raise lots of alarms! Amazing how much control they can have on the value of your bet and the pay outs, yet get to advertise as long term bets/shares.

I think we've all accepted FI will do what they want when they want and 30 days isn't enough notice but nothing we can do. So trade accordingly.

• Just read the new T&C's and to be fair, they make perfect business sense to me. They are protecting their company and in turn protecting us from dwindling away OUR money in a bear market if high dividends are in place.

https://www.footballindex.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

At least those who think the T&C's are unfair will get a chance to get out of the platform over the next 12 months but for the life of me, I would be shocked if this product and company don't become a huge player in the new way to gamble/invest industry.

• @Karl yea I agree mate, price goes up divs go up, price goes down divs should go down. But I doubt they will go down really anyway as they want demand. We already knew they could change dividends just like any other company. They are ensuring people don't want prices to go down so we get a mostly bullish market.

• @NewUser7 The index is no different from any other market as it is solely based on people's emotions. You only have to look at this week to see what emotions can do to a market, then think back to peoples emotions two weeks ago 😂

Never forget what goes up, must come down, so always be prepared for the next crash be that big or small and especially once the MM's are introduced 👍

• To be fair people have been on this for years and haven’t complained just raked it all in, corrections happen get over it , the platforms better now than ever it’s more professional just that previously all people knew of was money going up but unfortunately that’s not the case all the time.

• @NewUser7 said in Updated Rules/T & C and dividends:

@Karl yea I agree mate, price goes up divs go up, price goes down divs should go down. But I doubt they will go down really anyway as they want demand. We already knew they could change dividends just like any other company. They are ensuring people don't want prices to go down so we get a mostly bullish market.

But when you buy (bet) , you make the bet with current dividends in play in mind. That bet shouldn't then rely on the trading activity numbers of the whole platform to then be able to receive those dividends. It's the whole honouring a bet made that goes out the window with these ts n Cs. You can't bet on the football if you have to bet on what FI will do to your bet.

• @Westy it’s all part of the trading experience mate, this shit happens in every market, buy shares in any company on the stock market and things will change whilst you hold them.

Just be mindful, be safe and hedge your bets for all outcomes the best you can.

• @NewUser462188 yeh trading wise that's fine, that's the fun, but the footballer is basically the company... FI should just be the platform with clear set rules to trade by... the stock exchange/trading platform to buy shares in a company don't do things to change the value of companies willy nilly do they?

• @Westy yea and you get taxed on your profits.

So suppose when you dance with the devil nothing’s perfect?

• @NewUser565183
    it shows more transparency as its openly out there now that they can change anything at 30 days notice. so people shouldn't be surprised if they are shafted again. people who stay in are betting on the quality of the product/idea thriving despite managerial incompetence and chopping and changing.

• @NewUser628679 it was a shit platform years ago but no1 complained as it kept rising!

This is the issue the platform is better now it’s so much more attractive to investors.

Fuck your average gambler leave them to grovel over their accas we need to appeal to serious money.

• @NewUser462188
    think it needs to appeal to all types. remember your average gambler can later become a serious big money investor as most start small.

• Not particularly surprised to see that in there. Particularly after the year we have had, and all the upheaval that’s come with it. Covid has shown nothing is safe. There may be future calamities around the corner and FI need to able to save the product in extreme emergencies by reducing divs. But emphasis on “extreme emergencies”- if they were to reduce divs for any less than this...well, they know they will be shooting themselves in the head. There’s been way too much changing of the bet recently for punters liking. They know it’s lost them a lot of traders. So a bit like the nuclear codes, just because there’re there, doesn’t necessarily mean they will be stupid enough to use them. It’s a last resort.