Buying Trackers

• Trackers are a quick way for people to invest with no time or perhaps no interest, just deposit buy trackers and log in to check every now and then to see how your investment is doing, in a way they allow a window in for those casual and non football maniacs into the platform

• @mike778 I don't think wisdom of crowds will happen for a while however. There are new players joining all the time whose wisdom may not be there straightaway as they haven't had time to learn things. For the next few years I expect players' true value to be out of line with what it really is as people just buy players they like without thinking properly.

• @HappyLarry59855 said in Buying Trackers:

@mike778 I don't think wisdom of crowds will happen for a while however. There are new players joining all the time whose wisdom may not be there straightaway as they haven't had time to learn things. For the next few years I expect players' true value to be out of line with what it really is as people just buy players they like without thinking properly.

Agreed to an extent ... people do think more like football fans than investors but its changing slowly.

I would say the top players are probably closer to their value so if you are buying a tracker then a top 10 one would be a fairly sensible buy. So many traders have analysed whether to buy and sell the top players and whether they are 'value' so they should be closer to their true value. Prices lower down are far more random.

• I view this platform as the Dow circa 1900. If you've read any decent investment book you will find that the safest and most profitable way of investing is a low cost ETF. I am therefore not surprised that the tracker 10's return.

Yet with us this based on human psychology. Very few will invest in a tracker and return in a year to reap their hard earned bounty.

• @mike778 I think prices are quite random too. I think the young players under £1.00 are best people to buy as when they become big they'll shoot up by double or treble and you can guess 8 out of 10 are likely to.

• @CleanShirtTrader said in Buying Trackers:

Trackers are a f*cking disgrace and, as much as I respect some of the people who have shown advocacy, I can't stand them.

Compared to just looking at the top 10 and buying one of each, the only difference is that you click your mouse fewer times. That's it. The downside is you may not have bought one or two of those players, and could have found value lower down the list.

Absolute sham and needs reform or removal.

(slams down laptop and finishes his sugar puffs)

Fucking love the enthusiasm and I think it shows how much people value their views on certain players. Now you might read that and think it a negative comment but it's far from it - opinions and the value attributed to different 'attributes' (sorry been on the beers and brain thesaurus broken) is purely subjective, drives the market as a whole rather than a tracker increase only, and makes it bloody interesting. Slam that laptop cleanshirt and get yourself another bowl of sugar puffs, one you can enjoy in peace. Fucking love the passion

Note: 🍻🍻🍻🍻 please excuse the rambling

• @Warren-Buffett said in Buying Trackers:

In a nutshell if you are buying trackers you need to have a long term hold view. Equally the more of the market you track the better. In the short term active traders will out perform you but over the longer term incorrect investment decisions compounded by trading costs will mean your net yield will be higher. As an active trader you will not get every call correct.

They are tailor made for institutional investors who are happy to risk £xk, leave it to crystallise and divest as and when. For football and index lover that is just a pipe dream. You know what, give me the transactional history of 50 trader right now and I bet they will beat the average based on zero commission costs alone. But where the fun in that?!

• @HappyLarry59855 said in Buying Trackers:

@Pierrey2129 MBappe is still only 19. he has so much more room to grow and be better. I think there is no other striker his age group or close to it that are as good as him. When there is no one else and Messi and Ronaldo are gone he is the best to replace them and could quite easily be £15 in 5 years in my opinion.

So in conclusion he is a hold in the hope that he is a future star? Because by the generally accepted rules over value the geezer offers fuck all, no dividend return. Might be 19 fair play, but as someone pointed out he's up against Depay who has absolutely wreaked his shit and was available for 40%of the price three week ago. Even now Depay is worth more in theoretical terms, because the 'baseline' for divs between now and the summer I dead even - neither will win fuck all. But Depay at least has the slim possibility of xfer spec and will soon be August at which point he has so much more in the way of dividend return... If people are really holding for 5year to return a possible (not certain, not anywhere near probable) 300%, they must be mother Teresa in a chastity belt in King Lickapoons Palace, because ain't no one able to resist a little sale here and there. Fuck you could have made 50%+ on depay in a week and still had the chance of yield? Mpabbe is the most overvalued, turtle looking mother fucker and I'd even say he's a worse hold than Kane and that's saying something.

Sorry for rant, see previous comment regarding being Pissed. Adieu https://media.giphy.com/media/BjQTWPEVZjM6Q/giphy.gif

• @Pierrey2129 MBappe's scored 13 goals in 27 games this season for a team where he has to give Neymar rather than himself the opportunity to shine. If he was in a team where he was regarded as the main man he would've probably scored 20+ goals. We'll probably see him break out to everyone who watches football at the world cup. He already is a star though and has hit double figures in two seasons for a teenager.

• @mike778 See your point, but the term 'tracker' is heavily misleading.
    It should track the price of the rolling top 10/50/100 rather than attach itself to players. Otherwise, what's the difference to just buying one share of each?!

• @CleanShirtTrader - Exactly - and that was what i thought i was buying when i bought into the Tracker 10.
    A fluid ownership of the total value of the top 10 priced players on the Index.

Now that really would be something worth buying into!

• @Jay-Frazz I'd definitely be interested if that was the product on offer. Whether it'd be viable for FI to implement, I don't know, as I think they'd make less in commission, but I know I'd invest more overall.

• @CleanShirtTrader Spot on mate, they make more comm on having to sell each player individually i presume. A proper tracker would be a great investment the way the platform is rising last few years.

• @Robert-W They could always put a spread on the tracker itself- people will have to sell one day...

Alternatively, the opposite and put a purchase premium on it.
    E.g. if the top 10 was worth £75, charge x% on top of it to buy.
    Instant profit for FI, and happy punters riding the FOOTIE.

• @CleanShirtTrader Yeah, be good if they could get a proper tracker online. Def be worth a slight premium to buy.

• A real tracker works by an individual having a fund which is distributing equally into the index he or she is tracking. People then put money into the fund. For their efforts, the fund manager takes say a 0.5 percent management fee.

It doesnt make sense for FI to run a real tracker,are they going to buy feom themselves.

However someone else could ... not sure on rhe legals but someone else could set up a tracker fund that people could buy into.

• @CleanShirtTrader said in Buying Trackers:

@mike778 See your point, but the term 'tracker' is heavily misleading.
    It should track the price of the rolling top 10/50/100 rather than attach itself to players. Otherwise, what's the difference to just buying one share of each?!

Its just name , it is what it is.

FI calls itself a football stockmarket. It isnt , it buys and sells bets. Not stocks.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.