Other Countries on FI

• Are there any plans in the near future to allow traders from Europe? It surely makes sense to do it now under the new trading rules. Allowing folk from Germany, Spain, France etc could only benefit the platform.

• Yes they’re planning on expanding 👍

As you said the once new platform is completed fully it should fly

• But it has to be pooled liquidity but how easy that is to achieved is anyone's guess.

• they cant even handle working out how to give Euros as an option for customers outside the Uk, so i wouldn't hold your breath about Other countries joining any time soon

• I think it will be a challenge. My Skybet account won't allow me to bet when I'm on holiday in Spain. That was when we were in the EU.

• @NewUser462188 let’s hope so.

• @Bugsbunnies surely they can sort that out?

• @Gazz127 said in Other Countries on FI:

But it has to be pooled liquidity but how easy that is to achieved is anyone's guess.

A nice idea, but I'm not sure how it would work in practice. Assuming they can find a way to satisfy UK and German gambling rules, they still have two currencies to think about.

If a UK punter bids £1.00 and a German punter bids 1.15 Euro, those bids might be equal today, but if the exchange rate changes to 1:1.16, does Hans now have the lowest bid?

Does Hans see market depth in Euro and John Smith see it in £. If FI use £ as the Index currency, Hans bid would change with the exchange rate. Does Hans have a different exchange rate for buy and sell.

FI could create their own currency, so 1 £GB = 1 £FI. When Hans makes a deposit, his Euros are exchanged for £FI and we all trade with the same currency. But is Hans trading virtual football shares or betting on currency fluctuations.

• @Honeylight well they manage to get around it with Ireland so the currency issue wouldnt be a problem imo, the problem would be gambling regulations and tax laws....so in germany I believe there is a 5% tax on any stake currently, although there are reforms going on around this area atm

• @Ddr is the republic of eire on the index

• If they can get their financial license as opposed to their gambling license it will help them expand to other countries easier.

The fact they are a Jersey-based company as opposed to a full UK backed company will help, as Brexit has disabled many companies commercially with the EU, but it will take time to get there which is what long term holders will want.

Slow and Steady

• @Doddy Yep, but they need to do more marketing over here as nobody really knows about them

• @Karl How does the currency exchange work? Presumably you deposit Euro, but it gets converted and appears in you balance as £?

I wonder if the German market will be happy to trade in £.

• @Doddy yep, countries currently using the index are uk, Ireland, canada and nz I believe

• @Ddr It will be great if it happens.

If they want to attract European customers, they would have to make MB fairer and less UK biased. Include German, Spanish, French and Italian media sources.

That would shake things up with more overseas players getting MB. Paul Pogba's latest haircut might not guarantee MB in the future. England internationals wouldn't dominate media during the Euros etc.

All good in my opinion.

• I think Germany will happen, going back a year or 2, a few other countries was mentioned by AC at the same time, that soon changed to just Germany so I'm guessing that they must have a similar/easier gambling law to join into. I'm fairly sure pooled liquidity was mentioned aswell but then again the wind has changed a few times so their mind may of done too...🤷🏻‍♂️

• @Honeylight said in Other Countries on FI:

@Ddr It will be great if it happens.

If they want to attract European customers, they would have to make MB fairer and less UK biased. Include German, Spanish, French and Italian media sources.

That would shake things up with more overseas players getting MB. Paul Pogba's latest haircut might not guarantee MB in the future. England internationals wouldn't dominate media during the Euros etc.

All good in my opinion.

Which was the precise aim of the media review which should've been implemented in q3 or 4 last year but hasnt been

• Germany won't happen because of the taxes, France due to strict regulations.

Italy would also be difficult, Spain might be possible.