Get rid of GWG.

• Stupid mechanism that’s one of the last mistakes Football have in place. Messi and Neymar were deserved winners and yet they lost. What do you think?

• @Sol I actually quite like it, it’s certainly not helped my holds today but overall I think it adds more excitement to the platform.

• @Sol

Neymar didn't even win the game.

• Salah definitely deserved to win PB tonight. A MOTM peformance topped of with 2 game deciding goals vs an inform West Ham.

Laughable that you think Neymar deserved to beat him for scoring 2 penalties vs the bottom of the league before totally bottling and losing the game.

Messi played well but only scored 1 goal compared to Salahs 2, he benefits from such a high base already that hes bound to win more than often in the future anyway, hardly unfair that he missed out due to a great performance from Salah.

• @FI_Revolutionary Agreed. Salah a worthy winner tonight. Messi will have his day soon enough, He will get match day extra at least ;)

• We had this a few months back when Haaland scored four in a game, but lost to Ronaldo who scored two (One the GWG). That stank then, and it still does now. The system works, but just doesn't "feel" right. We can all see who's the "star man" for ourselves, but a few more passes or whatnot swings it. I dont have a solution (If its even broke), but it does feel off and wrong - The only answer is tiered PB I'd say, but im not holding my breath.

• @Sol weird post

• I would advocate for a higher weighting toward goals and assists for sure. This would reward the players who we see affecting the game and also return value back to some of the 'IPD' holds which have been totally ruined.

I do think GWG bonus should stay though, its a great way to reward those big game players which actually make a difference to a teams season.

• Is this an infamous Sol rant, LOL. It sucks if your hold loses out, but GWG is essential, as it wins a match!

• Couldn't agree less - it would only further benefit the premium players.

• @FI_Revolutionary said in Get rid of GWG.:

Salah definitely deserved to win PB tonight. A MOTM peformance topped of with 2 game deciding goals vs an inform West Ham.

Laughable that you think Neymar deserved to beat him for scoring 2 penalties vs the bottom of the league before totally bottling and losing the game.

Messi played well but only scored 1 goal compared to Salahs 2, he benefits from such a high base already that hes bound to win more than often in the future anyway, hardly unfair that he missed out due to a great performance from Salah.

Sorry mate but you’re speaking too much sense here.. Sol will have trouble understanding 😂

• lol im heavy on messi too but salah with 2 goals on a winning side. no contest....suarez too...2 goals winning side

messi on 1/2 a bill should have made media bonus though?

do the new divs come in today? ....(top 6, 1 p)

• Don’t mind GWG. Adds a bit of variety

• @Sol what nonesense

• @Sol a game winning goal is the most important goal in the game so shud get more points. Bet you wernt crying when sancho won Saturday?. Dry your eyes bud😭!starting to sound like my 6year old

• So much for ‘healthy’ debate 😂

• I like GWG. It adds a bit of excitement.

It can be a bit odd sometimes, eg. last night Mkhitaryan scored the second goal to make it 2-0. Roma added a 3rd and then Verona scored to make it 3-1. Mkhitaryan's score jumped for as a result of his team conceding.

You could argue that a GWG in a Manchester derby deserves more than a brace in a top v bottom clash. There has to be a system and it will never be perfect.

It is just luck at the end of the day. You win some and you lose some.

• As long as we know the rules beforehand, then GWG is what it is. Personally on Sunday I wanted Neymar to come top - get over 280 (ish) to get star man and into TOTM and Messi to get between 226 and whatever Neymar got to get top spot in TOTM. At one point Neymar had 270, had overtaken Azpilcueta and everything was rosy... at half time Messi had 166 and GWG and all was good but then shit happens... I had a great weekend following the footie, then like one of my accumulators, I ended up with no dividends whatsoever but the the journey was great and I still have money in my pocket to try again next week :)

• @bennytheat said in Get rid of GWG.:

As long as we know the rules beforehand, then GWG is what it is. Personally on Sunday I wanted Neymar to come top - get over 280 (ish) to get star man and into TOTM and Messi to get between 226 and whatever Neymar got to get top spot in TOTM. At one point Neymar had 270, had overtaken Azpilcueta and everything was rosy... at half time Messi had 166 and GWG and all was good but then shit happens... I had a great weekend following the footie, then like one of my accumulators, I ended up with no dividends whatsoever but the the journey was great and I still have money in my pocket to try again next week :)

Dont forget you'll get (i would of thought) payouts although small on Match Day Extra for both of these, so not necessarily no dividends 😉

@Sol come on, you only bring up this issue when it goes against you although tbf this is a tame outburst from you 😅😉. It's not perfect but allows for variety. Think there are other important things to sort out first than GWG.

• I thought failed crosses getting points was the big issue on the scoring mechanism. Trent being the most high profile beneficiary.