Matchday Analysis - 30th January

• Greetings everyone,

With the platform in full on rocket mode at the moment I thought it would be good for me to start contributing more on here.

So, I’ve committed to making the forum better by posting my own analysis of the weekend action. This will hopefully be a regular feature on here so hope you all like it.

I’m going to be picking out teams/players who have had notable performances and providing an analysis on their FI prospects. I do hold some of the players I talk about but with a 7-player portfolio most of the players I mention I don’t have a stake in.

Anyways enough said let’s get down to it.

Eintracht Frankfurt [3] - [1] Hertha Berlin

Kostic missed a great opportunity to make it 2 goals in 2 games as he narrowly dragged a shot just wide of the far post after being played through by Amin Younes. Provided an assist for Silva with a brilliant whipped cross into the box. Overall however, it was an ok game from him tonight, as other than the assist he lost possession 23 times and only made 23 accurate passes. His crossing numbers are still good though as he made 10 attempts this game, with only 2 successful. Still a decent hold at £1.10.

Amin Younes played Kostic through for a great chance that the later wasn't able to convert. He's classed as a Forward but plays just behind Silva. For 31p I wouldn't be jumping the gun to invest here, as his PB scores are not great. He also gets subbed off around the 60th - 70th a fair bit.

Andre Silva on the goal trail again! He scored his 15th of the season with a bullet header. He then scored a penalty to seal the points. 175 PB points and another brace for him and I cannot stress how good his form is at the moment. Won't have many buyers unfortunately as IPDs are set to be removed from the 8th of February. And as his base isn't that good he will struggle to win PB dividends unless he can bag a hattrick.

Martin Hinteregger scored the winning goal with a header in the 84th minute. He used to play as a left back but now plies his trade at the heart of a Frankfurt back three, which somewhat limits his attacking potential. But nonetheless he is decent for PB (223 PB today) and can be relied upon to get the full 90 minutes. His sell price is currently 24p so to pick him up on a bid at near that price is a good shout.

Borussia Dortmund [3] – [1] Augsburg

Sancho finally delighted his holders with a PB star man win, notching a good score of 236. He put away the game winning goal which played a part in him sealing the 28p dividends. For a gold matchday it's not a score that usually wins, but as with any matchday, all you need is a bit of luck and a dividend win is on the cards.

Sancho is normally a player that massively divides opinion across the Football Index social circles, as some question his ability to win PB dividends. More so, with the Manchester United move not looking very likely due to the English side's apparent unwillingness to pay the estimated £100m+ price tag and the Amad Diallo signing, his MB appeal does not look particularly great at this moment in time.

That being said, the papers will still publish stories about him making a move back to England and that will drum up trader interest on the Index at some point.

For now, with 3 PB scores above 200 this year, it seems as though the performance tide may be turning. No doubt he is an insanely talented player at his age, but for him to sustain his £8.39 buy price at the time of writing, he's got to keep delivering on the matrix.

Thomas Delaney surprised me I must admit. He scored the equaliser here, getting on the end of a Reus cross and ended up with a tidy score of 223! At only 24p he's one to watch to see if he can continue to replicate this level. He's playing the full 90 minutes more regularly now too. His next highest score after what he achieved today is 146, and there's a string of 120's and 130's there as well so the potential is definitely there.

Haaland didn't manage to get on the scoresheet today, as he missed a penalty that he smashed onto the crossbar. However, he did deliver the cross which led to the own goal that made the score comfortable at 3-1.

42 PB points this game and for a player that costs £5.40, I'd suggest that you steer well clear for the time being. Haaland's value on the Index mainly lies in his media appeal through transfer speculation, as with Mino Raiola as his agent you can be sure that links to the Premier League or other big sides will pop up soon. No doubt a quality player, perhaps one of the most talented forwards of the upcoming generation alongside Greenwood, but I wouldn’t be buying personally.

Inter Milan [4] – [0] Benevento

Christian Eriksen put in a performance that we've come to expect of him over the years. Playing in the middle of a midfield 5, he registered a 226 PB score. 129 touches, 100 passes completed (90.9% accurate), 2 key passes, 11 crosses 14 long balls and 1 big chance created.

Very impressive considering he didn't receive the assist for Inter's first of the night, as he put in the cross which led to the goal on 6 minutes. Was also on set pieces which is encouraging. At £1.18 he's very good value if he continues to play regularly.

Lautaro Martinez scored Inter's 2nd and assisted Lukaku for the 3rd, giving him a PB score of 191. Not too shabby! At £1.51 he's a bit too pricey for my liking, but should have a bit of transfer speculation this coming summer having been previously linked to Barcelona.

Hakimi got on the end of a good Lukaku cross but was marginally offside, meaning his goal was ruled out. PB of 163 with no goals or assists is very good and at £1.67 he is looking cheap for sure.

Romelu Lukaku has built a reputation for being a flat-track bully over the years and he proved why that is the case with the 3rd and 4th goals of the night. He capitalised on a goalkeeper error for the 3rd and netted the 4th after a neatly timed through ball from Alexis Sanchez. PB of 158 with 2 goals is not good, but experienced traders will know that Lukaku is not really built for PB. At £1.34 I'd only probably buy in as a long term hold in the lead up to the Euros, and even then I'd still prefer to look elsewhere.

Gael Kakuta [MID - RC Lens]

Kakuta is a player many will remember for his failed stint at Chelsea but he's certainly matured since then. I have been eyeing him for a while as he had an impressive start of the season and I just had to write about him today.

205 PB points after being taken off on the 72nd minute. And he scored a goal, which wasn't the winning one. He is 29 frikking pence! He was trading at around the 55p mark only 2 months ago! This screams bargain to me even with the removal of IPDs. Some of his other good scores include a 232 against Bordeaux and a 188 where he scored once and played 71 minutes.
    I will admit however that the fact that he doesn't play the full 90 does make him slightly less appealing as an option but all it takes is another 200+ performance like today and he could be in with a shout of winning PB, even on a gold day. At the price he's at right now, the risk to me doesn't look very high.

Juan Cuadrado [DEF – Juventus]

The Columbian defender who's becoming one of the more exciting holds on the platform scored 204 and placed 2nd in the PB scoring charts today.
    He's a PB beast in this Juventus side and has truly made the right back position his own. Another 90 minutes locked in, another assist, 103 touches, 70 accurate passes (92.1% accurate), 7 crosses, 9 long balls (5 accurate) and 2 successful dribbles.

So what's not to like? The only concern is his age. At 32 he is getting on but I'm sure there will be multiple opportunities to sell on the rise as he will win dividends regularly as he has been demonstrating.

Even at £1.31 buy now I would be tempted to grab some shares. It was only a couple of weeks ago when I saw that he could be picked up for around 70p on bids. One of the top defenders you can invest in on the Index at this moment in time that's for sure.

That's it for Saturday's games I will make sure to post my analysis of Sunday's action tomorrow. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

• Nice analysis, appreciate you taking the time to do it, I hold Cuadrado but Delaney, Kakuta and Eriksen haven't been on my radar, will be keeping an eye on them now

• @KingKev you’re welcome mate. Yeah Delaney and Kakuta did surprise me I must say. Will have analysis of the Sunday games published tomorrow aswell 👍🏽

• @Index_Scholar Nice one 👍

• @Index_Scholar great stuff buddy. Quality posting that the forum needs 🙌🏻 Keep it up

• @Valhalla thanks man I will definitely keep posting 😄