IPO - Tuesday Post Review - Peruvian Bargains

• Afternoon all, after looking at today's IPO's last night and not noticing any that looked like they'd rocket away; I thought I'd watch them go and then comment afterwards.

I was very surprised by the lack of interest in a team ranked 11th (yeah 11th) in the World. A team that outqualified Chile et al. meaning Alexis Sanchez can spend the summer walking his dog (or losing it, if his career is anything to go by).

Take Raul Ruidiaz for example, on the negative although he is still young enough to get a move to Europe he's currently playing in Mexico; so as it stands today he's in the Renato Augusto and Axel Witsel Camp of "Just for the World Cup" (in other words probably a Short Term bet). Now let's have a look at his price 29p (that's right Twenty Nine Pence) , this guy is starting up front for a team that's vying with Denmark for the Last 16 (given that France are likely to win the group and the Aussie's should come bottom). He's cheaper than Rodney Wallace (not the real one!), an aging Costa Rican, the same price as Levante's Saudi government appeasing import Fahad Al-Muwallad!

This theme runs right through their starting lineup - Edison Flores (IPO'd the other day), Christian Cueva, Renato Tapia and so on.

Yes they're still crying over the ban of their talisman Paolo Guerrero but they've beaten Croatia and Iceland in their warm-up's and qualified from the South American group!

Have I filled my boots? yes of course I have. Am I plugging these players for a quick dirty profit? Most certainly not, they simply represent great value for the World Cup at very little risk and I'm hoping they produce juicy div's and a big money move to Europe! :-)

• Is Raul Ruidiaz good value though? His international goal record is poor, just 4 in 29 appearances.

Compare that to Mohammad Al-Sahlawi, who has 28 international goals in 36 appearances (albeit against weaker opposition generally) and is 1p cheaper!

On paper Peru should do better than Saudi Arabia at the World Cup, but the lesser South American countries don't travel that well and it would be no great shock if they fail to make the knock out stages.

Saudi Arabia's first match against Russia is the only fixture that day too - all other group stage matches are vying with other matches for potential PBs - hence why I've gone with Mohammad Al-Sahlawi.

• @ocs123 your points are very valid if you believe they stand a chance, I've done the opposite to you, based on the same logic and loaded up on Russians as I suspect they'll wipe the floor with the Saudi's after they've paid the ref off and kidnapped the linesmans dog ;-)

• @Agatello I didn't think about the Russians being corrupt. You may be right however. I can see "things" going the Home sides ways too now.

• I got Witsel but trying to move him on. Not going up as expected. How long for IS when new IPO’s come on? Did someone say it was a couple of weeks? I’m in the sell queue and the price has been fluctuating but still not sold any. Who knows how many people are in front of me in the queue :/