New article about trading on FI by Index Scholar

• Insight to his trading on FI by Index Scholar

https://www.footballtradinginsights.com/post/insight-19

Thanks for sending this in @Index_Scholar

• Good blog and good to read about other traders' strategies.

I would not use his strategy myself, as having a small portfolio of players is high risk IMHO, but glad he got back into the green, thanks to Messi.

You have to love this game and as someone recently mentioned "I can never see FI not being part of my everyday life"

• @Westy thanks for publishing this. Hope it’s useful to other traders

• Interesting blog ..

but ...

Not trying to be a troll but if I understand correctly, you are currently 2% down and have recovered to that point primarily due to a strategy of buying Messi. And your trying to sell a premium coaching subscription for £11.99 a month.

• @SDOAFIT I mean I’d say I was doing quite okay profit wise before FI decimated everyone’s ports with the raft of changes they’ve made over the past year. I know some people who were up over 50% and haven’t recovered due to having all that wiped out due to things like removal of IS.

I will admit to not having the glowing profit figures that perhaps others who were lucky enough to get on the platform before 2019 have, but I feel that I have something of value to offer to this community through the service that I’m trying to provide.

Perhaps in a couple of weeks or months I’ll have a healthier portfolio which would lend credence to what I’m trying to do, but for now this is where I’m at. I’m not going to stop producing helpful content or resources just because my port benchmark isn’t all green.

At the end of the day, everyone has a choice. Got no qualms with anyone who doesn’t approve of my service.

• Really good article. It's always interesting to see how people started and their journey afterwards.

• @Tom7471 thanks!

• Interesting article. A few questions though:

ATP is 2% down, but it doesn't say which benchmark is used. Almost green at Mid Price or almost green at Buy Price?

I'm not sure that watching Fred for a while and then buying after he won Star Man is a good strategy. I'm watching a few players, but they have all risen, so I'm not buying. They might continue to rise, but I'd prefer to buy after a bad performance at a good starting price. I'd rather miss out than risk buying high.

• @Honeylight said in New article about trading on FI by Index Scholar:

Interesting article. A few questions though:

ATP is 2% down, but it doesn't say which benchmark is used. Almost green at Mid Price or almost green at Buy Price?

I'm not sure that watching Fred for a while and then buying after he won Star Man is a good strategy. I'm watching a few players, but they have all risen, so I'm not buying. They might continue to rise, but I'd prefer to buy after a bad performance at a good starting price. I'd rather miss out than risk buying high.

@Honeylight ATP is set to buy price and yes I’m aware of it not being a true reflection of the port value I’ve just always had it set to that. Dont really see the point of the others options apart from mid price to some extent. They really should give us IS price as a benchmark. Fwiw my mid price is now 9% down (about £500)

Yeah I used the Fred point to illustrate some of the things o used to do when I wasn’t as experienced (e.g buying at peaks)

I look back now on some of the trades I made when I was still fairly new and I just laugh

• @Index_Scholar At least your portfolio is moving in the right direction.

• I think the honesty in this reflection is the big thing, not so much the port figures, and unlike other service providers that do those big profit ads, it gives @Index_Scholar a sense of realism. Transparency is worth a lot. Lots of us suffered port numbers plummeting not down to our trading recently but down to FI changes (some going against what they told us!) etc...

Most of us on the forum have gone through the learning curve, would be good to hear from some new users that try IndexScholar's service to see how they get on.