Time Spent on FI

• Just wondering how often others check their portfolio and how long they spend on here, on average, at a time?

• I check mine all the time.
    Things can happen do quickly I'm scared of missing something lol
    At least 10 times a day I will take 5 mins and look over everything.

Probably overkill on my part

• @Comrade I'm the same. I do it as an obsession.

• I know the price of all 26 of my current players to the penny almost every minute that I am awake. I'm wasting time now writing this when I could be scrolling up and down and clicking refresh.

• Holding approx 180 different players and know the majority of their prices... So I've obviously spent way too long on here.
    Totally addicted... Check probably once an hour, even if just for a quick refresh on top climbers/fallers and PF value.
    I thought my obsession would tail off after a while, but 7 months later, still all over it!

Sleep is a thing of the past!

• @Specksynder I'm on it loads and when I'm on it I just look at my £14,000 and plot my way towards making it £100,000 within 3 years so I can buy flats out of it on mortgages, and give up work. I think about it everyday and look at how it keeps on growing by every £1k. In 5 months it's grown by £3.5 k. This is without there being 2 million users on it like there will be in a few years when it explodes I reckon. Even if I don't achieve my target I can be happy knowing I've made £3.5k already out if it and smile saying I had a good run.

• @HappyLarry59855
    Great job! What kind of strategy do you go for? Trying to flip players, got long term holds that have increased or somewhere in between? Does that include dividends?

• I'm totally obsessed I check FI as soon as I wake in a morning, I check it about every 30 minutes at work just to scan my portfolio, rises and MB and PB. I check the forum on my lunch break to see what's going on. In the gym I sometimes look between sets, out with my girlfriend I'll say I'm going to the toilet (little does she know I'm checking FI). I once had a little look during sex to keep up to date.

I listen to talk sport on my travels to keep up to date and I listen to the podcasts too.

I have an unhealthy obsession with football Index but I have a healthy obsession with making money on it. SO ITS ALL GOOOOOOD

• @FranklynMary I was heavily invested in MB players and then some young players who I thought may have a future. I reaped £700 Dividends in 5 months and had £2,800 Capital appreciation. This was half from Salah, Kane and Neymar.
    About 2 weeks ago I re-assessed my position. I looked at Kane, Salah, Sterling, Alli, Keita and my big players and chose to sell them as I considered them highly priced. I then decided to move on quickly and invest more heavily in young players like MBappe, Dembele, Iheanacho, Balde, Aouar, Gnabry, Augustin, Guedes and Mount as they are the future and priced a lot lower.
    I've flipped some players but only very few. However mainly I went for dividends and Long term holds.

• @HappyLarry59855
    Wow, great return on the divs! Some great options there that you went into. Quite a few on my watchlist that I wanna get on too. Smashing it 👍💪

• @FranklynMary Thanks. I will say that I have made most of these purchases based on reading the forums. Without the forums I don't think I would be half as successful as I have been. I've read others advice and then looked at my own mind and bought players I believe are suitable for me.

• @HappyLarry59855 i agree! I love the FI community! They try to help newbies as much as they can, and also give great advise and recommendations . Never seen anything like that in football.

• Due to work I check in the morning, 5 minutes at lunch and then don't really get the chance again until I leave work at about 6/7. Once I get home it's full steam ahead and I'm on here until around this time, sometimes earlier rarely much later. Trying to get back to picking 8/10 players, going in hard on each and then leaving it alone... So bloody difficult atm though!!

• @HappyLarry59855
    I’m keeping a close eye on Mount, I went to the same school as him and he was a couple of years younger. Saw he got selected to train with the Senior England team a few days ago too, looks to have a bright future!

• @HappyLarry59855
    Excellent work! I’ve invested a small fraction of that so will be retiring a fair few years after you. I remember even when I only had a tenner in I was glued to it though. I hope you’re right about the expansion, we could all club together and buy an FI millionaires’ island

• @HappyLarry59855 Is that £3.5k profit in the bank or is that profit from players at the moment that could change instantly?

• @Josh The latter, but it won't I'm sure.

• This post is deleted!