Squad tournaments

• Is the index trying to morph into footstock with these squad tournaments? And what’s going on with the pay outs taking a huge cut is a piss take 10% be about right but half behave. If any one wondered if they need to raise capital think this gives you you answer.

• what's the issue ...

still a free one as well. If anyone wants an extra punt they can do and it pays for the free one. Seems win-win to me. Not going near it personally but ..

• This is great news for every trader as this is a simple easy way for FI to generate income and interest in the platform for no risk. If the tournaments become popular they will help subsidise the index and add the short term gambling fix some users crave.

Currently they are simply testing the waters with regard to how much interest there is but there is no downside as you can simply enter a free tournament or pay to enter a bigger one.

If it works I can see them running several different entry price tournaments with entry fees ranging from Free to say £1,000 for high rollers.

If anything this is one of the most common sense ideas they have come up with in the last 12 months.

• @Fletch Agreed. As long as they don't neglect the rest of the index to concentrate on the tournaments, i think it can only be seen as a positive. Was there mention of future tournaments where you can only enter players you own? This would certainly help drive trading in some areas of the market

• @CLACKETT
    I lost...what do u mean by ‘half’?

• @TraderDom99 The index as it is atm is the core product.
    This squads addition could be interesting.
    But hope we are not just copying the footstock system.

• @Gazz127
    Footstocks main appeal is the tournaments, I’d argue almost nothing else - maybe great for buying low and selling high on match days if you are into that

FI is introducing this as a ‘extra’ in my opinion - not sure it’s a huge money maker directly but it generates interest and keeps people interacting with the platform

I really like it - couldn’t care less if I win or not, but it’s definitely made me think about investing again coz it’s highlighting the high dividend holds who everyone is picking

• @G27 Well the index needs a shot in the arm so hope whatever format they come up with gets the index moving in the right direction.

• @Fletch said in Squad tournaments:

If the tournaments become popular they will help subsidise the index and add the short term gambling fix some users crave.

I can't them using one part of the business to subsidise another in the long term. Wouldn't they ramp up the successful part and wind down the unsuccessful part?

• @Fletch said in Squad tournaments:

If it works I can see them running several different entry price tournaments with entry fees ranging from Free to say £1,000 for high rollers.

With the current anti gambling climate in the UK the last thing FI need to come up with is a game which has anything near a £1k entry fee

• Just entered both tournaments to support some of my players. More fun to watch football with a beer price during this stupid covid time.

• Seems like they are turning into a sportstack style betting company. Strange move in my opinion.

• @Tom7471 come on guys, it is 500 squads x£5 each. What can they do with £2500?

• My advice, for the minimal amount it’s worth - just enjoy it and don’t read too much into it - it might evolve into something else but it also might be just quite a cool additional feature - I don’t get why people Literally look for the negative in almost everything

• The free one is pointless for more chance of winning the lottery and the paid one is a bit off fun don’t read to much into it

• Does anyone play Sky Super 6?

A free chance to win £250,000, but virtually impossible.

• @Tom7471 said in Squad tournaments:

Seems like they are turning into a sportstack style betting company. Strange move in my opinion.

FI are aware of FS and sportstack, etc, competitors, and are playing them at their game and trying to blast them out of the water.

• @Tom7471 said in Squad tournaments:

Seems like they are turning into a sportstack style betting company. Strange move in my opinion.

Hello there again.
    Didn’t you say couple of weeks back it’s just a top 50 index now?
    Have you had a chance to look at the pb winners since you made that statement?
    Hope you didn’t make a video about it mate 😁

• @Londoner said in Squad tournaments:

@Tom7471 said in Squad tournaments:

FI are aware of FS and sportstack, etc, competitors, and are playing them at their game and trying to blast them out of the water.

Even with FI misgivings along the way, the popping up of all these copy cat sites and the constant barrage of competitor affiliated online abuse .... FI still seems by far the best product.

• @King-Fergus it is a top 50 index. Why would you gamble with the little guys when the same people win pb and mb? It will have some low priced winners but over a 3 year period, everyone knows who will win the majority.

It just seems a strange move to start doing sports betting on there site. They will be offering first goalscorer odds soon.