Without IPD

• Without IPD is there enough ways to make profit away from CA to be worth the risk?

IPD always acts as an exciting period, and pull factor, to buying a player. It offers a way to make an immediate return on your investment.

I don't believe the 1p MDE replacement is enough. I don't think the payouts for TOTM is enough. How will returns be made?

• @NewUser84362 put all your money in pogba 😂

• @NewUser84362

PB
    MB
    TOTM
    MDE
    CA

Hope this helps 👍

• @Decafruby6 I've got 104 share in pogba but at around 3.4 average price.

He has already made back 33% and given the summer I think he will have with france and a transfer I expect he will make back his price.

• @Ericali

I don't think the rewards for them are high enough tbh.

TOTM payouts are ridiculous given how often your players will likely be involved.

• @NewUser84362 not high enough rewards?

I got 28p yesterday for a player who cost me 34p! 🤯

The rewards are HUGE at the minute.

I'm making about £600 a month in dividends alone.

• @NewUser84362 I put 10k on him in November’s crash at av price of £2.44 got 3k in divs back already 😆

He’s an absolute banker. Come September when I bail I’ll have had over half my money back in divs then sell him for a nice profit

• @NewUser84362 said in Without IPD:

Without IPD is there enough ways to make profit away from CA to be worth the risk?
    IPD always acts as an exciting period, and pull factor, to buying a player. It offers a way to make an immediate return on your investment.
    I don't believe the 1p MDE replacement is enough. I don't think the payouts for TOTM is enough. How will returns be made?

They are enough on some players, but not on others.

Some players were good for IPD, but not PB and MB. There is another thread about Ciro Immobile. He scored 30 goals last year, but didn't win MB or PB. As a result, he has dropped from £1.20 to 50p since the announcement about the removal of IPD.

Messi earn £3.46 in divs last year excluding IPD. That's a 75% return on current price, but he is getting older and might slow down.

Lower priced players can and do win PB if they have a good game. The removal of IPD will also hit the super sub players who come on after 70 minutes and score. No IPD for the goal and not enough minutes on the pitch to win PB. Those players became virtually worthless overnight, but if the entire first team gets covid, the super sub might get a full game and win.

• With IPD Every player can win on a match day.

Without IPD maximum of 5 players can win on a match day. The other 1995 players you can wait to buy till next week. There is no incentive to buy today rather than waiting to buy.

• @Toptom

That's the problem. Too few a players get a payout, and when they do it's just not worth the wait.

There needs to be bigger jackpot payouts. The system, minus PB, is a bit dull atm.

• @Ericali said in Without IPD:

@NewUser84362 not high enough rewards?

I got 28p yesterday for a player who cost me 34p! 🤯

The rewards are HUGE at the minute.

I'm making about £600 a month in dividends alone.

I made that in a week last week in shares if were gona have a cock swinging competition 😂👍

• @NewUser84362
    its a shocker there's no point sugar coating it. many player prices are far too high given the value removed from ipds and the risk of managerial interference. along with the general volcanic market dynamics with the liquidity issue still here and with no signs of coming.
    its either feast or famine now. either your lucky and get the 8 -14p gold silver payouts or you get a 1p consolation prize for a big score. if your player has a great month you get 10p plus the 3 2 and 1p insulting payouts as a consolation for those who just miss out. its just backward thinking. make the monthly payouts better to suit the big hitters reduce the top prizes on gold days but introduce dividends for goals etc that the whole market has a fair shot at. bronze days do open up the market a bit more but chasing the odd 4p payout wont cut it for most.
    so now its a lot more boring little incentive to trade and the management havent a clue. no thought about how an action affects portions of the market. no clue about the lack of true value now of many players, some of them good ones. they ultimately need replacing if this product is ever to recover or reach its potential.

• @NewUser84362 You could always set up your own Index and give more away if you feel they are being unreasonable.

I am sure everyone will move to your site if you give away tonnes more.

• Yes every player could win on any given day but not every share you own and therefore an unintended consequence of IPD's was that instead of them being a bonus in your first 30 days of ownership they were infact taking on a life of there own and would left unchecked have destroyed the index.

The other unintended consequence is that they have instilled a short termism mindset to many traders which is creating further volatility as traders are buying premium players and if they do not win PB instantly start selling for losses immediately which creates further panic.

Yes FI need to increase the new payouts but the simple solution would be create a further TOTM for players outside of the top 200 alongside increasing the 2/3/4 place prize. This would create 11 additional winners every month (circa 100 + winners per annum).

For simplicity you would start and finish each month in the section you start it in.

This would start to create some value for all players whilst FI continue to develop the product

• @Fletch
    some good points. the short term trader mindset is partly because there is so much volatility around fi and in some cases a lack of trust. the market is illiquid and traders are trying to anticipate dips. people buy players for high prices and then realise the risk of a drop on any bad performance and panic.

• @Fletch -Very sensible post and I hope for something like this in the future.

• Part of the problem is we all joined at different times, have a different opinions of what FI is and to a certain extent were each sold a different product.

I joined in June 2020 (I think). I read the game rules and started trading.

At that time IPD were a thing. As a new customer, I had no idea that IPD were relatively new or that they might one day be withdrawn. IPD were a legitimate dividend given the same prominence as MB and PB.

Before joining the Forum, it hadn't occurred to me that MB and PB were considered the main dividends. IPD were more lucrative, so why would I assume that they weren't the main dividend?

I joined mid Covid, when some leagues were winding up (Germany), others were suspended or restarting and then CL and Europa partially complete.

We didn't have games every day and MB looked like a token dividend when there were no games.

I initially bought a mixture of players including Messi, Ronaldo, Mata, Pogba. By a quirk of fate, my premium players didn't instantly win PB and Mata appeared the best value. PB felt like an elusive dividend that you needed a miracle to win. IPD appeared to be King of the Dividends (and to be fair it was and that is why it became unsustainable).

The T&C mentioned that shares expired after 3 years, but I was hardly concerned about that on day 1. What jumped out was the 30 day eligibility for IPD. That immediately hinted that this was a 30 day bet.

Coupled with the season drawing to a close and ending in a knockout competition (CL and Europa), it felt rightly or wrongly that the game was to buy low, earn a few IPD and sell high before the 30 days expired. Sell up before the summer break when prices would likely fall and try to get a few bargains before the new season started. Also get shot of any players who might get relegated and become ineligible.

That might not have been FI's intention, but that was the obvious strategy based on the rules at the time. The idea of flipping players occurred to me when I saw how volatile Ighalo's price was - it was worth more to trade in and out during a match regardless of any dividends that he might earn.

I've sold my IPD portfolio, recovered losses and reinvested in premiums, so I'm not really bothered, but I can understand how some customers might think they were sold a different product.

Some older forum members want the IPD brigade to 'suck it up' apply a liberal dose of 'fanny cream' and move on. To be honest that is the only thing that they can do, but I think the debate and moaning is fuelled by anti-IPD traders claiming that these people made bad trades. They didn't - the game changed.

This was a 3 year bet, then it wasn't and now it is again ,,,,,, maybe. Still plenty of volatility, wide spreads and options to trade short term.

• @NewUser84362 said in Without IPD:

@Ericali

I don't think the rewards for them are high enough tbh.

TOTM payouts are ridiculous given how often your players will likely be involved.

If you are still trying to chase IPD hits, but now through the 1p MDE, of course you are going to be disappointed. Start buying players who can win PB. There are lots of cheap ones. You are viewing the market still through IPD goggles. The yields are bonkers. We used to get excited about an £0.08p gold day payout. We now have £0.28p.

• Seems like a lot of ppl want to win regularly, but don’t want to the do the work to actually dig out the next PB talent. They preferred to buy a player after he’s scores a hattrick and take the divs. #lazytrading

• @Honeylight
    agree similar to when i joined and how i see it. the ipds were the safest and easiest dividend to base a strategy around. ive got no interest in the media think all of that is a man utd obsessed nonsense and a big turn off. the pb can be very high variance. tevanier scores 292 today and wins 1p. the ipds made it easier to calculate player values and yields for example such and such a player has an expectation of 2 goals or clean sheets in the month and pays off 10% of his cost.
    the ipd removal has now placed almost total focus on match day dividend earners like kimmich and fernandes. so you either buy these types and sit still for three years or try and buy lower end players that can pay off the price with one or two big wins. the youth are harder to value as most dont have dividend wins. whatever strategy people play theres no chance i am paying £6-8 for players in this current situation with all the risks involved,