Changing the PB Matrix

• If the points system had some changes, could that get other players more involved on match day?

No Team win points.

No points deducted for teams losing.

MoM points.

Defenders scoring is an extra 10 points.

2 assists is double points

Hatrick plus 10.

4 goals plus 20.

Get rid of GWG ?

Accurate long ball from 2 to 5.

Goal outside of box plus 5.

• @Joking
    good ideas. as if its not hard enough for sheff utd and west brom players to win as it is with this rule they may as well be on minus points from the start. the better teams create more score more why should their players be given an advantage over lesser teams.

• @NewUser628679 agree, it is about individual performances.

• Leave the matrix alone....buy the players that suit the matrix. Why does everyone want to change things to suit their agenda? Iv lost money adjusting to the game put it in front of me, when it goes tits up, which it will, that's my problem. The rules are there and very easy to follow. Why should it change because shit players aren't making people money

• @AndydfopT the point being made here is that the current matrix makes a good deal of the index redundant. Its not about people losing money but about people losing interest.

• This isn't meant to be easy, as nice as it would be. The matrix is flawed, but if it got changed to fix certain things, further flaws would soon appear. In most cases (not all before people come back with examples) the better players play for better teams, or make their teams better. Why does Messi win so much PB? Because he has won player of the year multiple times and is often regarded as one of the best players of all time.

One thing I would possibly agree on is GWG having less of an impact. It is an important part of football to score a winning goal, so it shouldn't be removed altogether. But then, for the people saying it should go to make more players viable, I think it would do the opposite. Whenever else would a Lewis Dunk win PB if it wasn't for a GWG in a 1-0. He is the match winner, and deserves the score.

• @NewUser469373 that's the point of some players being more expensive then others. It's just like odds at the bookies. Why should your 10p punt be in with a similar chance as the one of iv put £500 on to win the same amount?

• @NewUser469373 how? Donkeys regularly win pb, some nobody won the defender pb yesterday

• MoM points is a bad idea. Can you imagine the amount of moaning on here when people think a different player should have been awarded MoM?

I agree with Andy, leave the matrix alone. Yes, some players have more chance of winning than others, but that is usually reflected in their price. If you buy a 30p player, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that their chances of winning dividends are much lower than say a £5 player.

I’ve bought players for less than 10p who’ve won PB once this season, but I might be waiting another 2-3 years for it to happen again or it might never happen. That’s the risk I take.

Where as the likes of Messi, Kimmich, etc, almost guarantee 5-10 PB wins per season.

• @ocs123 using whoscored.com Phil Foden would have won those Mom points and for me that reflects the real game performance.

• No matrix will ever be perfect but making it less predictable actually makes it harder (more of a lottery) for us to win. There will always be certain attributes that make a style either better or worse than we believe their real life performance deserves, but this is the same as Fantasy Football and I think the key is to know which players suit the scoring system and build your portfolio accordingly.

Of course, the matrix can be tweaked each season, so some will try to second guess any changes, beat the rush and get some cap app. Bit of a risky strategy, but I have tried to factor that into my purchases, effectively trying to future proof my holds as much as possible.

• @NewUser332703 said in Changing the PB Matrix:

@NewUser469373 how? Donkeys regularly win pb, some nobody won the defender pb yesterday

I wouldn't call Theo Hernandez a nobody. Potential to nudge ahead into the France lineup and, including a few ipd, has earned me 44p per share since I bought near the end of November (2 gold day top defenders)

• This post is deleted!

• @Joking said in Changing the PB Matrix:

If the points system had some changes, could that get other players more involved on match day?

No Team win points.

MoM points.

Hatrick plus 10.

4 goals plus 20.

Get rid of GWG ?

Sorry mate that’s not a good idea

• Given the recent market turmoil due to changes by FI, i think any changes to the matrix are the last thing traders need. Most would admit it is not perfect and suits certain players better than other.
    Instead FI possibly need to introduce a suitable replacement for IPDs, something that actually rewards goal scorers but without the massive costs to FI obviously. Some sort of golden boot/team of the week run on the same time frames at MDE. Top 3 scorers get 10/7/5p (?) not huge amounts compared to what was being paid out for IPDs but would offer value to those players who get goals but don't suit the matrix, i know i've seen Immobile mentioned in a lot of posts recently. The issue being with so many variables in the matrix, it is fairly uncommon to have a tie (then youngest takes it), but with goals you could have multiple players grabbing the same amount in week/month so how would you split? This is the difficult with rewarding goals without doing for every individual which essentially IPD was.
    Its in everyone's best interests to see value rises across the platform, this will encourage new traders and FI will make their money from higher commission/minting shares

• @Joking

In your opinion, but other news outlets or websites will have given MotM to other players. It’s very subjective and an absolute minefield in close matches.

The only objective way to award MotM would be to give it to the highest PB points scorer in that match, but what’s the point? They’re already the highest scorer!

And is the MotM in a boring 1-1 draw really worthy extra points, when say the second best player in a 9-0 victory isn’t?

It would lead to endless complaints on here. Some people struggle to understand how GWG works and that’s objective and relatively straightforward! Can you imagine trying to explain to new traders why their forward who scored the winning goal in a 1-0 win wasn’t MotM because the goalkeeper saved a penalty and made several good saves, or vice versa.

• @Joking said in Changing the PB Matrix:

If the points system had some changes, could that get other players more involved on match day?

No Team win points.

MoM points.

Hatrick plus 10.

4 goals plus 20.

Get rid of GWG ?

Definite No to the majority of these.

The only tweak I would make is to multiple goals. Would add an escalator so its 45 for first goal, then 55 then 65 and so on.

It makes sense to increase the chance of winning PB to guys who score a hat trick.

Re defenders scoring - ideally I would go the other way and have a separate matrix for defenders, midfielders and forwards. With defenders primarily getting points for defending. Forwards primarily getting goals for scoring. Basically players being good at their role. But that's too big a change.

• The PB Matrix is generally okay. You can make a case for changes based on specific events this weekend and then want to change it back again due to different next week.

There is an element of luck in PB scores, but there is an element of luck in football. Bad referee decisions, marginal onside/offside, lucky deflection, injuries etc.

You could argue that Everton's 3-3 equaliser was more important than Man Utd's GWG in a 9-0 romp. Without the first goal, it's still 8-0. No Matrix could cover every eventuality. It is what it is - you win some and you lose some.

If I could make one change though - I would give an assist to a player who wins a penalty or free kick that is converted. The player winning a penalty often deserves the point more than the player tapping it in.

• For the players I hold the i do not want it to be changed, can not critise honesty ,it's down to your personal agenda

• @Shepherd_9 Saturday I meant rather