I Miss The Good Old Days

• When MB was for Top 200 only and today would guarantee dividends for Paul Pogba building a snowman.

Instead, everyone wants to call William Saliba gay. Happy snow day, nobody has to go into school!

• What did the mb use to be like? I’ve only been here a few months. I take it you’ve been here for years and saw it change a few times.

Nice one

• @Decafruby6 all Pogba had to do was fart and win MB. You would have loved it
    Every night the forum was full of “choo choo, all aboard the pog-train” 🚂 as the MB divs rattled into the kitty. Smugness was rife. Non Pog holders watched on, sick with envy 😂
    Pog dog certainly was once a worthy king of the index. He got to £22 pre share split I believe.

• @Valhalla £24 I think.

God bless the late great @Andy-M who created a thread titled something like "Why Didnt I Get On Pogba Earlier?" Clever bit of pumping but I jumped on at about £8 and the rest was history!

Incidentally, Neymar used to win a lot more.

I wonder what the ol' Swede would make of this?

• @Lukeroro said in I Miss The Good Old Days:

@Valhalla £24 I think.

God bless the late great @Andy-M who created a thread titled something like "Why Didnt I Get On Pogba Earlier?" Clever bit of pumping but I jumped on at about £8 and the rest was history!

Incidentally, Neymar used to win a lot more.

I wonder what the ol' Swede would make of this?

Hes probably reading it right now in a cellar with Mr Wh1te/The Loss Adjustor (whilst observing social distancing of course)

• @Lukeroro

Happy days indeed. When my portfolio was in green and capital appreciation happened if the players you held performed well in games. How ridiculous was that eh!!

• @Lukeroro

Mind you I am that old I can remember when Notts County had a decent team!!

• @Mick-The-Pie said in I Miss The Good Old Days:

@Lukeroro

Mind you I am that old I can remember when Notts County had a decent team!!

Crikey you must be old. It's been 127 years since Notts County won the FA Cup 😜

• wow you are old Mick!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder what john chiedozie would have been worth on the index...?

Lukeroro showing his age too... there seemed to be an innocence about investing in the 'biggest media whores' back then... you paid through the roof but got a return... these days you pay much less... but then there are no 'guarantees' either...

Interestingly the topic of FI came up on my whatsapp chat yesterday... i've been a long advocator, a couple followed after my flaunting of success, or rather dabbled, before deciding it wasnt for them...

One friend has a hundred quid locked in... he said yesterday and I quote... "Football Index is pretty wank to be fair. It has no semblance on what is actually happening. I don’t know how they decide on share prices."

He's actually 80 quid up on his hundred too, but cannot sell Gareth Bale!!!!

• @dannypea he is up and calling it wank? God help us all

• @AndydfopT I think this tells you a lot about the platform!!! He's no idea how he's up (pretty much he's got the buy now price set to default which looks much better than the actual bottom end sell price) and he's no idea how any of it works... I guarantee if he sold his full portfolio that 80+ will prob be nearer 20 down...

I think if like us, who like to keep informed, who like to trade daily, then we can understand and accommodate all these quirks and adjustments every six months... but anyone not really that bothered with running a full time fantasy football team, who 'thinks' they are investing in some sort of football stock market... the platform can come as pretty confusing, and pretty underwhelming, even if the returns look great in writing, as often the end user also has no idea on how or when they can withdraw their profit anyway!!

• @dannypea at least that’s one upside of removing IPD’s- it simplifies FI for new users.

• @Lukeroro said in I Miss The Good Old Days:

When MB was for Top 200 only and today would guarantee dividends for Paul Pogba building a snowman.
    Instead, everyone wants to call William Saliba gay. Happy snow day, nobody has to go into school!

The day is still young. If Pogba wanks off the snowman he can still win.