Championship play off final

• Has anyone invested with the play off final in mind at all? I feel it may have slipped under the radar with the champions league final on the same day.

• Why? ....

• I'm very new to this but i'd imagine whoever gets promoted would see a spike in their price?

• @NewUser73421 Adama dropped 30-40p when Boro got knocked out so it's worth looking at their history before jumping in, Grealish and Sess I think have already seen increases based on people hoping they'll be in the EPL next year.

I might keep some spare cash in case Fulham lose, can see a panic sell on Sess.....

• Thanks, thinking tactical maybe it would be a good idea to invest a week before an event then sell before kick off so you don't risk the plummet if said team was to lose?

• @NewUser73421
    That's one way to do it yes. Alternatively invest in a player who you would be happy to hold more long-term. They generally rise again at some point after a sell-off dip

Sess in this case looks a good hold whether they win (go up) or lose (transfer surely). Unfortunately I'd say he's already too expensive to go in on now.

• @NewUser73421 I know some traders do that for single game days, I think 1 week is probably the minimum if you use that approach. Check the player's price history though as some will go under the radar.

For example the CL final has been set for a while, both finalists known, but Lovren has only seen a rise 76p-84p in the last 3 or 4 days (despite very decent PB scores) so would have been a good buy a week ago so it can definitely work!

• I've held Mitrovic for a while, whatever happens with the match, I think he will be in the premier league next season one way or another, so I would expect a rise over the summer, also given his international form, but this isn't a player that I will necessarily look to trade out of after the match ends unless there is a huge price spike, in which case I will take my profits and run

• @AT10 said in Championship play off final:

@NewUser73421 Adama dropped 30-40p when Boro got knocked out so it's worth looking at their history before jumping in, Grealish and Sess I think have already seen increases based on people hoping they'll be in the EPL next year.

I might keep some spare cash in case Fulham lose, can see a panic sell on Sess.....

I’d have thought it increases the chances of him moving so could be the opposite.

• @LG Possibly, but surely that would have been the same logic for Adama? But as stated he dropped 30-40p. I guess we'll see Saturday afternoon whether Sess or Grealish drop depending on who loses out.

• @LG said in Championship play off final:

@AT10 said in Championship play off final:

@NewUser73421 Adama dropped 30-40p when Boro got knocked out so it's worth looking at their history before jumping in, Grealish and Sess I think have already seen increases based on people hoping they'll be in the EPL next year.

I’d have thought it increases the chances of him moving so could be the opposite.

Yeah I'd agree with this, the new season is 3 months away and all non WC/CL Final participants won't pick up any PB until then. I bought (and still hold) Adama because I think he'll be playing in an eligible league next year and I'd rather it be at a better team than Boro so was quietly happy that they went out.

It'll be interesting to see what Sessegnon's price does, if I held him I'd be cringing if Fulham win the playoff's as he may give them a season out of loyalty (if that still exists) rather than the big move many have put their money into.

• @Agatello yeah I'd definitely agree with this. In theory these players want to play in the premiership. So if they're team don't go up the transfer rumours will spike prices quicker than waiting to next season for PB. Much better for FI purposes of the team doesn't get promoted to the prem.

• @Wolves_Ay_We Same here, quality player and should end up in PL whatever the outcome.

• Interesting seeing sess still going up a bit with Fulham winning. I'm holding Mitrovic and can't decide if I want Fulham to win or not

• @Indexical I want Fulham to win, purely down to local rivalry, apart from that, I can't decide if a Fulham win would be better or worse for Mitrovic's price, I guess we'll soon see