What has happened to fi

• Rejoined the index after a couple of years away,and know from previous experience it is no gat rich scheme.Invested a couple of grand,without realising how much the index had changed(my mistake),but nevertheless after 2 weeks am 16% down,and only have one player in the green.My big mistake was just buying all the players at there buy price.Is there any advantage to doing this,or have I just made massive blunder?

• You will get a paltry amount back via the rebate but Buy Now is almost always terrible value unless the player is in high demand. Use bids in future.

• But I used to have such fun,I used to keep 50 % of players for ca and dividends,but spent hours looking at fixtures,buying players I thought might score goals in there next few games,then making quick profit(made good money doing this)where’s the fun element now

• @Andy-C said in What has happened to fi:

But I used to have such fun,I used to keep 50 % of players for ca and dividends,but spent hours looking at fixtures,buying players I thought might score goals in there next few games,then making quick profit(made good money doing this)where’s the fun element now

That’s a good point... where’s the fun element?

Fun element went in April 2020 when liquidity was removed

• @Andy-C FI is currently transitioning from a niche start-up company of years ago to a product that can last the test of time on both a financial and functioning level.

Nobody knows how the transition will play out, but if you back it now and it works you will do very very well over the long term, however, if they mess up the transition then you will lose a large portion of your stake.

These are the current options so it really comes down to how much your willing to gamble on FI as a company, as picking players is a side issue at present. That will change if FI gets it right which I honestly believe they will, as the hard changes they have made to date were required for future growth and expansion.

Time will tell, so best of luck Andyc

• Time I have,but what do you think fi can do to 1.Improve the index,and 2.Bring that fun element back?

• @Andy-C It is very hard to get concrete information presently as they have to be careful what they implement as they know many people are pissed off and will lose there shit if there is a problem.

They are going in the right direction presently as AC's ego got the better of him at times with his communications, but that's nothing against him as he has invented the new way to gamble/invest in sports.

I see Ladbrooks have taken steps to enter the market, and I expect others to do so but as market leaders, FI needs to act or be swallowed up.

Many people don't have any patience and this game is all about patience. When I say patience I mean years not weeks or months.

You need to decide if you think FI will last and if so you know they will add additional dividends in the future which in turn will increase their customer base which in turn will bring back the excitement of the game that everyone enjoyed.

• @Karl said in What has happened to fi:

Many people don't have any patience and this game is all about patience. When I say patience I mean years not weeks or months.

Part of the problem is deciding whether FI is investing or gambling. I think most people have patience with investments, but want a quick buzz with gambling.

If FI was an investment with IS, I might 'invest' £10k. If it is a gamble, with no guarantee of getting my money out, I might only gamble £200.

A 10-20% yield would be great on a £10k investment, but it isn't worth patiently waiting for £20 dividend on £200. The removal of IS and uncertainty about FI's futures will deter many from investing large sums.

The combination of PB, MB and IPD gave FI appeal to patient investors and gamblers wanting a bit of fun. I accept that IPD wasn't sustainable, but FI need to either find something to appeal to the short term gamblers or accept that it is a long term product with appeal to a much smaller customer base.

• @Honeylight Agreed and I do hope they can find the balance as it would be such a shame for such an excellent concept to fail.

I am personally happy to see how this plays out but one thing is for sure it is going to be a rollercoaster

• blunder!, im trying to get out!.

if your stuck, messi is free money, toni kroos seems to rip the pb, ...kimmich too

( of those i only own messi)

• NEVER buy ANYONE at buy price... is my own new rule...

It does seem the 'only' way to make money these days is buying 'PB GODS' like Kroos, Messi, Bruno, Kimmich etc but whilst I 'still' own Messi even I can't bring myself to part with £££'s on high end footballers that could potentially tank in value down to simply nothing more than lack of interest in the platform...

Instead.. I have concentrated on re-investing winnings into bottom end footballers under 50p that I feel could win the odd PB and not lose too much in value during this 'crisis' of stalemate we are seeing... Investing in anything above 100 futures i think is risky... so spreading that risk into as much as you can for as little as you can is the one way i can keep interested in this platform midst the 'hope' it one day picks up again!!!!

• Removing IPD removed the fun, Liquidity and trading volume (AKA future dividends).

It was still being pumped up by twitter rocket emojis but now thats slowed down its reverting back to economics.

• @dannypea
    its very dangerous and who knows what a good price is in this market.

• @Toptom 0
    removing ipd (or at least not replacing it) gets worse as time passes. just so much sucked out of player values that its a massive put off for investing. your player scores one or two assists gets 180 so what wins nothing. so people are sitting hoping to win one of the three prizes on match days the rest get nothing. terrible for liquidity.

• Having rejoined last month having took my £2k and ran before the slide I added £500 last month, still got it with a little profit, got £2k to add, the question is wait and see what changes are made or the next few months or gamble now on euro 21 players who will rise ?

• @Matt-flint
    i nearly bid for a few players on sunday but the management came to mind and thought sod that. you are not just betting on a players value but that lot running the show which for me is too risky at the moment. plus ipd removal has lowered my valuations so combine that with dodgy management means its a real struggle to find value as im constantly chopping off valuations given the risks.

• @NewUser628679 yeah you make good points. I’ve spent £500 on cheap cheap players like 1000 @£0.07p for example. I think that sums up what I feeling about the platform right now

• @Matt-flint
    i wouldnt want to put you off but i would advise to be careful as its so volatile. if i buy any later down the line it will be those i think cant go much lower which probably means the cheaper ones.

• @NewUser628679 I remember a couple years ago before IPD’s, people were loving the Index as it was , as there was the Instant Sell in place to trade freely. Cap app was great and overall sentiment was incredible. Since it’s removal, it’s now become very difficult to have the fun of selling one player or more on match day to put into another that was on for cap app due to goals, a good performance or just hype. I think only the ability to trade players easily near to their buy price is going to bring back the good old days. I don’t know what the answer is as clearly FI can’t and won’t do this. Only if they can get liquidity providers onboard this year, will it save the platform IMO. What do others think?

• @TeamGB “instant sell” was effectively a promotional, no lose offer from a start up company. FI is no longer a start up company. That freebie offer is not coming back. Order books was essential for the longevity of the product. They just did a rather shite job of introducing them. But at least that rather painful transition is behind us.
    Now they just need to find a way to improve liquidity in the market that is sustainable for them long term.