The football index plan

• Do you think football index have planned to let the product die slowly so it’s not obvious there stealing all our money?

• @Rocket-Ronnie

this is a typical response from FI - this has now been a response for many months which is frustrating - and it seems like they've missed many opportunities to turn things round (but have made a number of errors) - maybe naive but i dont believe they are lying to us, i just think this transition of what they want the product to become has been alot more difficult than they anticipated...and up till now they have been stalling us - preparing to release a full product which ticks more boxes. i think they fear putting out some sort of road map in case they cant deliver on time and like they promised, their aim is to improve on this sentiment.

"I can assure that our teams are working very hard behind the scenes to bring back more liquidity and stabilisation to the market. We are always looking and trying to improve the experience for all our traders so they may enjoy using our platform. We understand at the moment that everything is not as it should be but rest assured we are working tirelessly to ensure that the market is enjoyable again.

We are aware of the current issues and negativity surrounding the platform and market and are reviewing the feedback and suggestions made by our users. It is our intention to provide further information on these and we will update Traders as soon as we have firm delivery dates."

• @G27 how are they doing such a bad job then, I’m not trying to be negative and bash them just curious really, most people are unable to think outside the box and after all we live in a world of vultures, esp a gambling company you can’t trust. Why would they want us to make money, once they do however means possibly that’s all that matters

• At the end of the day, FI are a business and it is in their best interests to be successful and expand, making money from commission and issuing shares.
    Yes, so far they have done a poor job of making changes and evolving but this can be said about many companies, hopefully they know what they need to do and how to achieve it.
    I don't think they want to let the product die and 'steal' our money as there is potential for them to make so much more in the long term if they get things right

• @Rocket-Ronnie

what can you do if youve got all these people complaining and loosing sentiment - but the product isnt yet ready to deliver yet - things just get worse and worse, sentiment is at an all time low - we've thought many times we've reached rock bottom - but thats obviously going to happen if youve got nothing to offer and every stop gap has been nothing more than a token gesture - yes it looks like they are doing a terrible job from the outside as it looks like they are doing nothing and just letting the product die its death - but in the same way you think 'why would they want us to make money - you can also counter that by asking 'why would they want the product to die' then no one makes money.
    Maybe i just live too much in hope - but i truely believe they are working on something bigger and sustainable - and i dont mean an offer of any kind. they should surely be aiming to have everything in place before Euros. i hope i'm proved right, but i just dont think the product is going bust like others do

• We are still in a pandemic! Businesses are struggling and crumbling everywhere. Many people are watching their finances. Give it a few months and confidence should improve. Euro 2021 looks like it could come at a perfect time too - increasing interest in FI just as we are emerging from the worst of the pandemic.

• @Boris999 said in The football index plan:

We are still in a pandemic! Businesses are struggling and crumbling everywhere. Many people are watching their finances. Give it a few months and confidence should improve. Euro 2021 looks like it could come at a perfect time too - increasing interest in FI just as we are emerging from the worst of the pandemic.

Why are all other gambling companies thriving then? Tired of this excuse.

Gambling doesn't stop in hard times, it increases.

https://www.europeanbusinessreview.com/online-gambling-market-size-rises-amid-covid-19-pandemic/

At the easiest time in living memory to increase your market. FI have managed to halve it.

Quite some going bozos.

• @o_O

this article is weighted more towards virtual gambling - arguably out of boredom & it was back in November when there were fixture postponments etc

I'm not sure COVID-19 is an excuse as you say but i definatly dont think it can help.

the answer is obvious - like i said - FI are rightly/wrongly ignoring the current state of the market/punters sentiment - i'm hoping that this is just until they have everything in place. but thats just my hopeful view. of course everyone is going to be unhappy until this point is met

your comment that FI have managed to halve it technically might be true but i'm not sure it offers the full picture (which at this point none of us know)

• @o_O morning luv, I see you're in your usual good mood. I think its quite clear what you think about the index.

Honest question then, where do you see the index in 12 months?

• @Boris999 do you know what, I've had enough.

I've been saying the same as you for a while and I still believe your points to be true, but the management has now been so poor it is difficult to ignore.

The current situation is that they have taken away any reason to trade in the bottom 85% of the market - unless you buy a lottery ticket on a 34 year old Metz defender and get lucky- and in their comms there is a subtle threat regarding the lack of trading.

I don't know the answer, but I didnt want Order Books in the first place. It wasn't broken, they didnt need to "fix" it and the notion of Order Books making the Index more inviting to big traders seems distant at best and ludicrous at worst.

• @Stevo said in The football index plan:

@o_O morning luv, I see you're in your usual good mood. I think its quite clear what you think about the index.

Honest question then, where do you see the index in 12 months?

Nobody ever counters my arguments though do they... They just say i'm in a bad mood or trolling.

My post is correct though. Gambling is booming.

Good question though. It's hard to know where it will be in 12 months.

One scenario is that they come up with some fantastic new idea and kickstart it all back in to life, and this time next year prices have risen nicely.

Another scenario, one that's more likely, is that in the summer, dividends get reduced again and all the players drop further in price in line with how much the divs are cut, then this time next year they're out of business as even you lot finally give up on it.

• @Boris999 I can assure there won’t be a rise in interest in football index for a long time, you’d have to be mad to begin investing on this platform

• @o_O well thats why I'm opening up dialogue with you about it. I know many people on here don't want to give you the time of day. I don't like how you go about think necessarily but I also don't think what you say is absolute rubbish. I just think you are a bit too set on trying to tell everyone how stupid they are for having any faith it may turn round.

The management have ballsed things up but surely as a business they don't WANT to fail. They must know they have to keep users happy, or at the very least engaged and interested to keep deposting money.

So are they completely stupid, incompetent and thick? Or are they genuinely trying to keep the business afloat?

You say other gambling platforms are booming but traditional 'gamblers' don't have the patience for something like this. They need a quick fix and this just isn't that. Spending say £1000 on 100 futures in a player to maybe win £28 dividends occasionally is hardly going to entice hardcore gamblers is it. So whats the answer? Other than bring back instant sell?

• @Rocket-Ronnie Interested to know why do you think they are doing such a bad job.

What are you expecting from them for the long term future of the platform

• I honestly don't know why they haven't tried the voucher system that I've seen touted on here a few times. Bring back instant sell but you only get the cash to reinvest in other players. That way money is moving round the platform and allows people to get out of shitty holds.

I can only think that FI don't want people moving money out of shit players to to 90% putting it into messi and Kimmich etc thus adding to their dividend liabilities.

However even if they gave back say 50% of the players value and took an extra 2% commission on top i think people would take that just to get out of this position and get things moving again.

• @Stevo said in The football index plan:

@o_O well thats why I'm opening up dialogue with you about it. I know many people on here don't want to give you the time of day. I don't like how you go about think necessarily but I also don't think what you say is absolute rubbish. I just think you are a bit too set on trying to tell everyone how stupid they are for having any faith it may turn round.

The management have ballsed things up but surely as a business they don't WANT to fail. They must know they have to keep users happy, or at the very least engaged and interested to keep deposting money.

So are they completely stupid, incompetent and thick? Or are they genuinely trying to keep the business afloat?

You say other gambling platforms are booming but traditional 'gamblers' don't have the patience for something like this. They need a quick fix and this just isn't that. Spending say £1000 on 100 futures in a player to maybe win £28 dividends occasionally is hardly going to entice hardcore gamblers is it. So whats the answer? Other than bring back instant sell?

I think it's gone too far now. That's the problem, that's why i have no optimism left.

It's too complicated, too boring and too risky.

Not a great combination. Your average punter (i.e. almost their entire customer base) are not interested any more. These super investment HNW traders they wanted to attract look at it and laugh.

Not sure what the answer is. Scrapping all of it and going back to hw it was a year ago would work, but that's obviously not going to happen.

The fun product wasn't a viable business, but the viable business is no fun.

• @o_O You could be right that FI will not be here in 12 months' time, or that dividends will be reduced after the euros, but you could also be wrong.

I understand you are frustrated with the changes to the business model but I am sure you agree they were needed for the long-term viability of the product.

Taken that FI is working on their own business plan and taking that changes needed to be made to entice MM, then would you be happy that the changes were worthwhile if appropriate liquidity returns.

MM are going to bring their own problems to the index once they come in, but at least they will provide liquidity while the platform numbers grow.

We are in a perfect storm presently with an overpriced stock market, overpriced property market, and massive bubble in the cryptocurrency sector, so there are going to be a lot of very unhappy people soon enough which will make the FI crash look like nothing.

Keep trading to recover any losses until such time as the plug is pulled from underneath us and is fact. Until then everything is subjective so might as well put our best foot forward.

What player do you fancy long term at the moment.

• @Karl said in The football index plan:

What player do you fancy long term at the moment.

I only have 3 players left :D

Everyone knows I love Riqui Puig. Have had chances to sell most of them, (almost 2500 shares) but I've decided to just let them run to either a huge profit or down to zero.

He's got potential to post KDB like PB scores on the index for the next decade if it's still going.

Also have Donyell Malen. Another top player. Other than tha, it's done for me.

• @Boris999 said in The football index plan:
    Euro 2021 looks like it could come at a perfect time too - increasing interest in FI just as we are emerging from the worst of the pandemic.

I see this a lot about the index picking up for the euros, but why would it?
    They've been running ads on Talksport for a good month now and player numbers are as low as I've seen them. I can't see a sudden rush to get involved in the Euros when at the end of it the prices will collapse anyway. Obviously you would expect some promotions to be given, but with confidence as it is, can anyone see big interest lasting beyond the group stage.
    Also pandemic ending won't have great impact. People have been stuck indoors so now would be a time to spend a few quid here.. Once pubs are open and flights are back on, any surplus cash will be heading elsewhere i would imagine.

• @Bamford-s-Armpit I would expect there to be a boost around the Euro's and I agree this will be probably be due to a promotion or two. I think the concern will be that if FI does manage to limp into the Euro's, once the bandage comes off after Germany (or Portugal) lift the trophy, what then? I don't recall, who but someone made the interesting point on a thread about dividends being obvious sticking plasters (words to that effect).