So what does FI need to do to improve sentiment?

• I don’t want to hear on this thread about negative views as it’s for all to see on other ones.

• So what steps does FI need to take to make us all happy again and for the market to flourish? I’m hoping the pandemic coming under control ASAP and a kickstart to the economy may help.

• I was thinking about making a similar post to this... putting FI in the shoes of the investors... what would you do and all that...

As said in another thread by that annoying double o fella... Who i actually agree with on this... 'the pandemic' has not effected other betting companies who have used it instead to profit big... I read somewhere that the game at Xmas between Spurs and Chelsea had something like £7m in bets on betfair exchange alone... Compare that with FI 3,000 daily traders exchanging hands at £100 each and we are talking a HUGE potential market cap being missed!!! FI for all their efforts in advertising etc should be raking in a mill a day!

I think FI need to think like a betting company... Perhaps first decide whether they want to be a fantasy football engine or a football stockmarket... they can't be both!

Once they reclaim their identity, they need to lessen their pool of players and incentivise more of the market, to spread their own risk and to add value across the board... This can really be done very simply, like it used to be on media motive, or something completely different with more PB opportunity, but it needs to act quick, because once its pissed off the first million or so punters, it will be difficult to get them back, along with the next generation, whichever target market that may be?

• @TeamGB

A significant dividend increase.

Members of the community warned that dividends would be reduced but were mocked and lambasted by the shiny happy people. We've all seen who turned out to be correct. Since then FI have made changes to the T's & C's to highlight that they can reduce divs even further. These red flags have created a downward expectation that needs shattering.

The company has an army of people wanting to fight for it but by reducing dividends, it took away their bullets and gave credibility to those cautioning users. Significantly increasing dividends would reload the guns of the FI-luminati.

It needs to be a mass assault though.

Raise dividends and then announce a fixed timeline of say 3 years, where the dividends won't decrease. People need the long term belief because at the minute, the main road map on display is the downward spiral that we've been stuck on for a year.

Also, it's time to get the Champions League promo confirmed so that we know Champions League bronze days will in fact be treated as gold days. Whatever the Euro's promo is, announce it now, so that we can all make a push towards the Euro's as a community.

• Bring back IS (Or some makeshift equivalent). People simply don't trust the product enough to invest in mid-low end now for fear of being stuck with a load of deadweights. Give people an out for a while to clear the decks and re-invest (Or cash out for good).

The "product" wasn't ever order books, and they've lost the magic now people need to be experts in trading strategies and portfolio mgmt, rather than just whacking some dosh into Mbappe and watching him rise before cashing out and reinvesting.

Stop overcomplicating it. Keep it simple (And fun). Have you tried explaining FI to people lately, you simply cannot explain it simply and quickly like you used to be able to, and thats the nub of it all for me. The "product" has grown, but its left its user base far behind, and much like empty stadiums in real-life, whats the point of FI if nobody is investing any fresh money into it?

• @TeamGB
    somehow they need to make key match actions pay but in an affordable and sustainable way. clean sheets, goals and assists decide football matches so these need rewarding if not by ipd then in some other way. man of the match for each game would be great as there would be an incentive to trade fixtures and players.

• @Dan-The-Man Why does everybody assume to the point that they say it like its a fact!!! that they will give gold match days from the 1/4 finals and on ??

• @Bugsbunnies

Well that's why I'd like to see confirmation (one way or another) but I don't think people are being unreasonable in expecting it to be the case.

• @Dan-The-Man i agree with you , would like confirmation, and yea its quite likely

• @TeamGB I'm inclined to think they might be best to do nothing and leave the market to find its feet for a bit. With prices being low PB/MB yields are probably higher than they have ever been, so plenty of good reasons to invest. TOTM and MDE are further opportunities which we have not had for long.

Part of the problem is sentiment and the expectation that FI will do something, as they have tended to in the past. Until it gets to the stage that people are not second guessing an announcement, they'll always be those reluctant to invest in case either the goalposts move or a promotion is brought in. Unfortunately even promos are met with negativity at the moment, as people expect/want more.

Its FI's interventions in the past that have created these expectations, so I think they need to just let things be and, over time, this will mean traders start to regain confidence to buy without constantly expecting another announcement/change.

Of course, FI could come out and say they won't change anything for 6 months +, but that would be pointless, as no financially aware business could ever make such a promise, as they have to be able to react to changes in the global economy/their business circumstances, etc. I would therefore view any such statement very suspiciously, as I would doubt it was a promise they could keep.

• Wasn't there meant to be an announcement/more details on the share issuance changes going live next Monday?

• so everyday for weeks now if not months around £300 000 pounds worth of shares are bought daily by a large percentage of people who believe in this platform. you will get people who change their mind which concerns me but eventually people who believe in this product will own a nice proportion of the shares. most players only have 100 000 in circulation as it is so hopefully someone like zaniolo for example which is bough daily is now in the hands of a bigger percentage who want in and not out...unless they change their mind but the percentage still grows as they throw them away.
    the believers will keep reinvesting with larger amounts of divs won for a bigger number of cheaper shares. i just hope it doesnt take too long and it has been going on for a while now.

• @kaka8

October 22nd
    Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 10.11.15.png

October 23rd
    Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 10.11.15.png

October 25th
    Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 02.43.25.png

Then a week later...

October 31st
    Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 06.28.27.png

November 2nd
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 01.44.38.png

November 4th
    Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 02.29.48.png

November 5th
    Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 05.43.57.png

November 6th
    Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 16.57.02.png

November 7th
    Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 09.40.04.png

November 9th
    Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 18.33.09.png

Yesterday....
    Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 17.48.27.png

Just now....
    Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 19.59.02.png

As is well known... I'm all about the optimism but what I didn't mention earlier on is that when FI first announced the trading numbers, there were quite a lot of people (positive people) who were a little surprised at how low the numbers were back then... and we're now at 10% of those numbers.

• @Dan-The-Man

The dividends table shows European quarter finals as gold day. Surely even FI won't change that now.

• @Weggers83

This is the company that didn't pay out Cuadrado as player of the month when Opta reclassified him as a Defender, even though FI detailed that exact scenario... and still have that scenario listed ha.

• @Dan-The-Man

It really would be the last straw if they weren't gold days!

• @Weggers83

https://trade.footballindex.co.uk/dividendtable/

This is the dividend table in the T's & C's.

When you mentioned that the European Quarter Finals as gold days, which one are you looking at?

Or was it this one but it has been updated?

• @Weggers83

This is the one from the app.

It's some real cowboy shit from FI, to still have the IPD's listed too.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 22.51.23.png

• @Bugsbunnies

If you look at that last screen shot, it's from the app tonight. That's why people talk about it like it's a matter of fact... it's in black and white... but sadly, so is the IPD's right next to it.

• @Dan-The-Man

Yeah it was this I was referring to, but the one I can see on the app has no mention of IPDs so I think it's a more up to date one. I can't work out how to upload a screenshot otherwise I would show you.

1. Announce new Dividend Tables to last 12 months
      A dividend drop would kill the index. I don't think anyone can invest money now until the idea is wiped. You just can't. I don't expect a core dividend rise - just bump up TOTM and extend Super MBE to 40 places to keep more players involved. This would be a relatively small increase overall but would boost sentiment massively due to to if nothing else the thread of a drop going.

2. Go on a massive charm offensive -get on podcasts, get out and about , be likeable find a way to start people talking about Football Index. Hire a new social media guy - a good one, a very good one.

3. Lots of small incremental improvements - just little things anything that makes people thing the thing is moving. Add some more stats to the player page on the index, splash yield stats around whatever. And if you have three upgrades - do it in three updates not one big one to keep positive announcements flowing.

4. Obviously liquidity is essential, no idea what they can do financially but if they can do it, start buying up the lowball bids. Get their stats guy to work out probability wise , how much every Sancho future is likely to cost them and buy up offers below that figure. If they reckon every Messi future will cost them £5.50 then start buying up all offers below £5 and then using the new issuance thing put their own offers on the market for £6. This will boost their finances and drives prices up.