Share Issuance FAQs

• https://trade.footballindex.co.uk/share-issuance-faqs/

FI - Our new Share Issuance model will provide Traders better transparency and understanding of how Shares are issued.

I don't get it. This tell us nothing we didn't know already.

We have no idea when new shares will be issued now, nor at what price, nor how many (apart from the constraints outlined by FI). How is this more transparent???

• It’s a fucking joke by the looks of it, i don’t get it my self, just hoping this all goes well and it’s an attractive product in the end to some investors.

• It reads to me that what they are saying is if we are looking to sell a player, they can undercut us all and sell more new shares themselves first. Brilliant. Good luck to ever getting out.

• They should have ended it with

Mwaahahahahahahaaa

• Fuck knows what there on about just hope it turns out ok 🙈

• @Bamford-s-Armpit Yeah it’s good as it means there’s a future for the platform. Should be no more worries about them being a viable business ever again. Time to get buying now whilst you can get in dirt cheap.

• @TeamGB why does this mean there will be no more worrries ? minting shares non stop does not give me much confidence and shows they are getting desperate

• @TeamGB said in Share Issuance FAQs:

@Bamford-s-Armpit Yeah it’s good as it means there’s a future for the platform. Should be no more worries about them being a viable business ever again. Time to get buying now whilst you can get in dirt cheap.

This sarcasm at its best?

• @NewUser565183
    if fi implement it wrong or are greedy this could be disastrous for users and player prices. have to hope huge bid walls arent stuck in front of user offers especially after a good performance.

• Unfortunately it is impossible for this change to have a positive impact on player ‘buy’ prices, overall.

Think about it, FI could previously only add offers at a player’s all time high price. Now they can do it at ANY price.

Even if they use this power sparingly, it is inevitable that some player prices will drop (at least a little bit) or that rises on the back of a good performance will be slowed sooner.

In my opinion they shouldn’t be doing this without also adding bid support to the market.

• I really don't know how people can keep defending this company.

People say they're not desperate for money, yet at a time when the prices have capitulated, and trading has ground to a complete halt, they feel its a great time to introduce measures to stifle trading even more, to nip price rises in the bud before they happen... and to introduce even more shares into a market completely criplled by over supply.

If they're not desperate for money then what? Are they just the dumbest fuckers on earth?

Genuinely interested to hear your defense of this, valhalla, munchie63 or whatever he's called and the rest of the drones.

• 1,000 shares per day really isn't many; it used to take 900 under the old system to move a price 1p. Also, without an FI buyback option, I see no benefit to them in minting shares at low values, which increases their dividend exposure.

I therefore really don't see this having any real negative impact. Of course, I could be wrong, but logic says it shouldn't make any difference so probably best to wait and see what happens. I'll be reserving my judgment until then.

• @Mintyfresh I fuckin hope so 😂👍

• @Mintyfresh it's as much about sentiment than anything else.

Everything they have done in the last 3 months has been to make more money at the expense of their customers.

It's driven everyone away, look at the numbers. And this is yet another measure that ill timed, ill thought out and dumb.

Why do they not realise that stimulating the market would have made them far more money than all these pathetic penny pinching measures put together.

• @Mintyfresh

I think the scary thing that is coming, is the ridiculously complicated changes to the Benchmarks.

Look at the state of this.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 09.05.51.png

In a weeks time when a bunch of guys show up wanting to know what's the deal... good luck to the guy trying to explain this to them and why their port values have suddenly changed dramatically.

• Everything becomes less clear to people with every communication.

New customer retention must be at an all time low.

• @Mintyfresh

Please note that 1,000 shares a day (or more accurately 30,000 shares per 30-day period) is only the limit on what they can SELL, not what they can LIST as offers.

There is nothing to stop them listing 100,000 or 200,000 shares on a player on any given day.

As always, the devil is in the detail with FI.

Plus of course FI change their T&Cs more regularly than MB changes his pants, so the 30,000 shares per 30-day period could be changed whenever FI feel like it. Just the same as the max 1 million shares to exist in each player. That could easily become 1.5 million or 2 million whenever they feel like it.

It would make no sense for FI to flood the market with offers and further damage their own product, but the management is so inept that it is exactly the sort of stupid thing they might do.

This may come across as overtly negative, but traders have a right to know the risks they’re facing and which are buried in the various announcements.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Share Issuance FAQs:

@Mintyfresh

I think the scary thing that is coming, is the ridiculously complicated changes to the Benchmarks.

In a weeks time when a bunch of guys show up wanting to know what's the deal... good luck to the guy trying to explain this to them and why their port values have suddenly changed dramatically.

Thank You! Finally someone is talking about this. The putting something like this as literally a foot not is awful! It should have been its own update!

Particularly scary is what the introduction of reference prices will do to the market. My guess is that it will create higher "fake" values and trap way more players with no offers as it would not be worth biding the floor. It seems like now with the removal of IPD and now removing bids FI are just looking to trap money in the site.

• @ocs123 I wonder if their masterplan is to list a shit load of high offers, so they raise all the port values of the suckers that haven't changed their benchmark to something less stupid...

Maybe this is their big plan to raise the prices?

• @Dan-The-Man said in Share Issuance FAQs:

@Mintyfresh

I've sent a copy to a buddy who works in cryptography and copied in Robert Langdon, Edward Nigma and Alan Turing - hopefully between us we will be able to work out what it means (but it may take several months)