Buy more Ronaldo

• would anyone buy into Ronaldo as his price has dropped?

CL final
    WC
    Has antoher good season in him

is he worth buying into now?

thoughs?

• I don't buy old players, so no for me. I stick to 28 years old players or younger generally, a bit like Arsene Wenger, when he sold Viera and Henry in their late twenties and went for youth like Fabregas onstead.

• @HappyLarry59855 didn't really work for Wenger though.....

• @MrYaio True.

• Steer well clear. He's 33 years old & carries a similar risk now, to previous expensive FI players such as, Zlatan & Rooney.

Both crashed in price & it will be Ronaldo's turn soon enough. He's lost his pace now & is one serious injury away from retiring. There's so many better options around IMO

• Crash waiting to happen, he is to old to come back that’s the problem.

• According to whoscored.com, ronaldo played 45 games this season. He scored 45 times. He set up 8 goals.

According to transfermarkt.com his last serious injury was in July 2016, when he was out for two months. Since then, it's the odd knock with a few days out. Nothing to suggest he is ready to keel over and die just yet.

Yes he's 33, and time is against him. But history shows us that he continues to produce the goods. He adapts his style. He evolves.

I predict at least another year of great PB and MB returns.

But during this time, his price will have a steady decline as traders await his pending retirement.

15 years ago, 33 was around the average retirement age. Times have changed, and ronaldo is an absolute professional in terms of his health and fitness. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still playing for madrid long after I collect my pension ...

• He might have another year of great PB & MB...... and then again he might not.

The fact is...... he is a HIGH risk investment. If you're willing to pay the premium for a player then buy Neymar, where the rewards will be higher & the risk is far lower.

• 42p per share this month so far on MB...
    Think I'll keep collecting thanks :-P

• I've made more than that in capital growth in a number of players. All coming to the prime of their careers & ultra low risk.

Collect your dividends now...... while they last & I wish you luck timing your exit. Get that wrong & it'll cost you a hell of alot more than 42p a share

• @GarethG

I've always found the best indicator of future performance is past performance.

Neymar might get injured again. He might not.

Neymar is the football index golden child. I accepted this a good while back, and invested heavily.

The main issue with neymar is that we are nearing the point where you can get 2 ronaldos for the price of 1 neymar (it won't be long)

So, in terms of PB and MB, it makes financial sense to still consider investing in Ronnie.

I accept ronaldo is the higher risk of the two. But that's what this game is all about, risk managment.

• It's all about opinions.

This thread was never really Neymar v Ronaldo. I just think of the premium options Neymar is the safest. His price seems to hold strong & he continues to deliver dividends, even whilst out injured.

The initial question posed was simply, is Ronaldo still worth buying?

My opinion is he's a terrible buy in comparison to other player's on offer. This is on the basis that FI if played correctly is as LOW risk as it gets when it comes to gambling (for want of a better word), because it's that LOW risk that I don't even see FI as gambling.

However, and Ronaldo holders can dress it up however they like. Ronaldo....... is a BIG gamble & why gamble? When you can virtually guarantee almost risk free profits elsewhere?

• @GarethG said in Buy more Ronaldo:

I don't even see FI as gambling.

I'm sure the Jersey gambling commission and UK gambling commission, who licence the football index might disagree with you mate.

You make many valid points in your posts. Unfortunately, this is not one of them.

Anyhoos, I like strawberrys, you like bananas.

Let's just be friends.

• @GarethG Correct. I agree. I have bought heavily into young players now and hope they mainly flourish.

• @HappyLarry59855

Definitely a good strategy and relatively low risk. This is one of several strategies I use.

It's all about having a balance on your portfolio that your comfortable with. At the moment, I'm comfortable that if Ronaldos price declines, his dividends will still be paying out, and ill still be making money.

As highlighted by Gareth earlier, before he started on the vino. The key to Ronaldo will be jumping ship at the right time.

I just think alot of sailors are throwing themselves overboard too early, when there isn't even more than a few holes in this particular vessel.

This isn't helped by Gareth standing in the crows nest screaming 'iceberg iceberg right ahead' ...

• @johnboywalker said in Buy more Ronaldo:

@HappyLarry59855

Definitely a good strategy and relatively low risk. This is one of several strategies I use.

It's all about having a balance on your portfolio that your comfortable with. At the moment, I'm comfortable that if Ronaldos price declines, his dividends will still be paying out, and ill still be making money.

As highlighted by Gareth earlier, before he started on the vino. The key to Ronaldo will be jumping ship at the right time.

I just think alot of sailors are throwing themselves overboard too early, when there isn't even more than a few holes in this particular vessel.

This isn't helped by Gareth standing in the crows nest screaming 'iceberg iceberg right ahead' ...

A very entertaining read & that iceberg is certainly getting closer for Ronaldo holders. Jump ship....... Jump ship 🤣

• I will not be investing in Ronaldo , Kane , neyma etc . Yep I have never won Mb . I think it’s up to investors if they want to buy Ronaldo , it’s their own choice and money . It’s like a game of poker , there’s no right or wrong . There’s many stretegy on fi to make money . Everyone has different ideas and methods to make money on this platform . If you make money then it’s the right move . Some one recently ask why I buy certain players with no wc, transfers spec , pb or Mb . They said am wasting money and time .......well it’s my choice and I made some ok returns on them players .

• @FOF I hold Neymar. Kane I reckon will be worth it when he drops in value.

• Yeah I hold Salah, Kane and Ronaldo. Salah and Ronaldo have been good. Kane if I sold now if make the tiniest of profits after considering dividends

• @John-Renwick Still think you should sell Kane now and cut your losses. He will drop after the world cup I reckon. As for Salah I will buy him back along with Kane after they've dropped a couple of quid.