Haaland & Mbappe

• Only 45 minutes into Sevilla/Dortmund but Haaland looks different gravy so far. Lethal finishing

With Mbappe and now Haaland firing some massive PB scores in the Champions League, are we now currently witnessing a changing tide as Messi and Ronaldo start to make way for the new?

• Yes. Its been obvious for some time now. Get on board at their FI induced low now, as they are both widely underpriced currently.

• @NewUser569882 said in Haaland & Mbappe:

Only 45 minutes into Sevilla/Dortmund but Haaland looks different gravy so far. Lethal finishing

With Mbappe and now Haaland firing some massive PB scores in the Champions League, are we now currently witnessing a changing tide as Messi and Ronaldo start to make way for the new?

Both have been boosted by x1.25 Champions league multiplier. Without that, Haaland would only be 226 tonight. Which isn’t special considering he got 2 goals and match winner. Quite often he doesn’t break 200 even with a brace. Which is poor.
    Mbappes score of 336 was far and away his best score to date. (Another who has barely broken 200 with previous hat tricks.) But is still took 3 goals plus the match winner to get that last night.
    So in conclusion, yes you are seeing a changing of the guard in real world football- but not on FI. Haaland and Mbappe aren’t anything like as good at PB as Ronaldo and Messi. Particularly Messi. He was born on planet PB it seems.

• Historically Haaland hasn’t been a strong PB player no. But remember he plays in a counter-attacking Dortmund side that don’t boss the ball like a Barcelona. If he moves to a more dominant European club I can see him becoming a lot more PB friendly

• @NewUser569882 if he goes to United he will make shit loads off Media , every 2nd day a United player wins that!!

• Purely for media hype, the pending big transfers, their age, improving PB scores, and add to that an aging Messi (but always have him) and Ronaldo, I feel they are both must haves for a 3 yr hold... CA very likely. Hopefully some more PBs/TOTMs along the way.
    I hold a small amount Haaland and plan to top up. Have a heavy investment in Mbappe.

• @Valhalla

Surely if they score a similar amount of goals as messi and ronaldo they will win their fair share of pbs. Plus they are both young and could improve their all round point scoring.

I don't own either but I can see them winning pb and mb fairly regularly.

• @Weggers83 said in Haaland & Mbappe:

@Valhalla

Surely if they score a similar amount of goals as messi and ronaldo they will win their fair share of pbs. Plus they are both young and could improve their all round point scoring.

I don't own either but I can see them winning pb and mb fairly regularly.

They may score a similar amount of goals, but if they are not as involved in the build up play like Ronaldo and Messi, they will not consistently post big PB scores. For example, Mbappe has been playing in a the French farmers league for the last 2 years, regularly banging in hat tricks and winning games 5-0. And how much PB has he earned in that time? 20p. Thats very very poor. He’s gonna need to develop a more passing game to get better at PB. Haaland too. But why should they? They are both world class at being the one touch power houses they are.

• @Valhalla

I think this applies to Haaland more than Mbappe. Hadn't mbappe won twice recently? Plus I feel he has more to offer. Haaland is more of an out and out striker it seems, I think a good comparison is Lewandowski, so I do agree his pb are probably limited

• I've held both in the past.. luckily was able to get out on Mbappe when his price doubled and made a really good profit after a two and half year hold... but I brought Haaland at around his highest (over £7) and he's since dropped by over half so in danger of suffering quite a loss with him...

I don't think neither is great for PB, bar the odd hat-trick which they are both capable of, but the big European nights have seen the stars come out on top previously, which is one reason why they will keep bringing in dividends, age and transfer speculation are also two advantages they have... (MB in the summer or next could be interesting for both)

I'll hold Haaland for three years or until I see a reasonable out price on the back of Real Madrid or Manchester United signing him for example, i just hope until then, he keeps picking up enough wins meantime to get me close to what i paid for him!!!

New investor with cash to 'throw away'... I would have no problem in chucking money at both on long term holds in the hope their dividend return bumps up their prices in time!!!

• Mbappe would worry me as he looks like staying at PSG for now (so less MB) and has to compete with Neymar for PB and potentially Messi next season too. I'd steer clear for now - but if he does move in a year or two he could be superb.

Haaland has a poor game for the current PB matrix but given MB potential of a possible prem move (maybe even this summer) and the possibility of a matrix tweak benefiting goalscorers he has a bigger upside IMO.

No Euros though and he'll likey never feature much in international tournaments whereas Mbappe could win a couple more WC's yet.

I'd be nervous buying either straight after their midweek exploits although over the long run they should be sound investments. If I was getting on one now it would be Haaland.

• @Hint I would be worried with the FI matrix if we can't get it to sell the next best player in the world as the leading light on the index... The lads just chucked in a 400+ score away at Barcelona so i'm sure he can do it on a Friday night in Rennes.

I get your point, traditionally he doesn't rack up the PB scores, other than when he nets a hat-trick (like the other night) but i'm sure they'll be a few more hat-tricks within a three year hold and a big move (or at least MB speculation) to go with it!

I don't think Mbappe is a risk per se, I think investing in FI is the risk!