What Do You Do With Your Dividends?

• Big win on Alfie's lad last night.. what do you do when your portfolio's players win dividends.... are you re-investing straight away? holding it to purchase bigger and better.... or simply building it to cash out or you taking the money out straight away and getting it as far away from FI as possible????

I know what i should be doing.... Either investing it in 'top' players that are down in price, or cutting my losses to cash out... But I'm currently finding myself scurrying around the crap in and around 20p in vain attempt of trying to get another PB win!!!!

Its an addiction you know!!!!

• I have always used to divi's to buy more shares as the returns are very good when you get a win.

• @dannypea I’m topping up on Neymar Bruno etc

• @dannypea said in What Do You Do With Your Dividends?:

Big win on Alfie's lad last night.. what do you do when your portfolio's players win dividends.... are you re-investing straight away? holding it to purchase bigger and better.... or simply building it to cash out or you taking the money out straight away and getting it as far away from FI as possible????

I know what i should be doing.... Either investing it in 'top' players that are down in price, or cutting my losses to cash out... But I'm currently finding myself scurrying around the crap in and around 20p in vain attempt of trying to get another PB win!!!!

Its an addiction you know!!!!

Withdrawing although tbf always have withdrawn but take it out to build up and put it back in at a later date - nothings come back in for months and will stay that way unfortunately for the foreseeable future. I am using profit i get from sales (very few and far between) to buy but that's it.

• Only withdrawn once pre Christmas, but otherwise compounding my portfolio by reinvesting. Its the only sensible way really, but each to their own

• @dannypea

This is the longest I've held off putting it back in.

Keep looking at cheeky bids on some players in hopes of the usual rise come pay day weekend but with the changes on the way, I'm on the nervous side at the minute.

• People say the only sensible thing is to reinvest on more players, which i do, but not because its the only sensible thing to do, more so that i've already accepted ill either lose it all or make good money over time oh and i guess i'm addicted lol and FOMO of missing out on some "bargins"
    The most sensible thing to do is take out your dividends and lower your losing liability if you have one (which i do)

• I wouldn't say the most 'sensible' thing is to re-invest (it's probably better to take your money out) but if you do believe in the longevity of the index, there are so many 'undervalued' assets that have the potential to sky rocket, so I feel on even low risk buys, now is the time to get in!!!

Whilst i've lowered my risk myself to buying to sellable numbers (less than 100), I've recently purchased large-ish quantities of players in and around 15p... worst case scenario they lose you a tenner/twenty quid a pop... best case scenario they hit £1 per share or more with realistic opportunity to double your money on the back of dividend wins or a big move!!!

I still think the market leaders, Bruno, Mbappe, Haaland, will in three years get you a positive (or at least sellable) return whether the index is dead or not... So high end top footballers who drive the modern day player value will of course also drive the index itself, but with such a huge pool of decent players at such a cheap price per share... It feels wrong, every time i win £10/20 in dividends not to put it straight back into something that can win that back in just two sittings!

The impression i'm getting though, a lot of that daily 300k is money already in the pot that is being re-invested... with very little new money coming in!!!

• @dannypea I’ve always operated the same way, if the divs are more than £30 I withdraw, if there less I reinvest in the player(s) that won me the divs in the first place.

• I withdrew my divs for the first time recently. Had built up a decent wedge. I've still got it saved so can be chucked back in if I want to but thought if this mother is going under I'm not losing my cash balance as well as my portfolio value 😄

Prior to that always reinvested. The temptation often gets the best of me though. Prices look so cheap and I can't resist!

• I’ve been withdrawing all dividends for about 2 months now to de-risk and following recent announcements will be withdrawing money from any players sales too.