Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!

• Not sure how many will have seen this as unfortunately it’s pretty low on the subscriber numbers. But this is a great watch. It gets very tech heavy. But I for one thing it’s a great insight into things we don’t fully grasp and for a look to the future of FI! If you only do one thing today. Watch this and give it a share. About time we had some positive insight on the timeline!

https://youtu.be/isE2SFuowXs

• @Zaka_7 just watching it now - very low views on YouTube - have FI even tweeted about this?

• is Rhiad 50% Nasser Hussain and 50% Ian Woan???

• @dannypea 1% Dwayne Johnson

• @howsthebacon he'll certainly take that!!!!

I'm even getting a touch of Ed Sheeran with Elliott!

• There's your answer to whether opening up in other countries would be pooled and have a positive impact on the original platform .

Nope.

• @o_O That’s not what was said. At all.

• @howsthebacon No they haven’t. It is a ‘niche’ as it’s very tech heavy to be fair.

• @Zaka_7 said in Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!:

@o_O That’s not what was said. At all.

Course it is. The other possible territories would be on a completely different platform. Project Hard' on.

Straight up said every different territory would be separate platforms.

• @o_O UNTIL the old model is made obsolete and it all moves over to the new.

They’re also talking about the tech and the way it works more than the actual implementation. Some people really will do 2+2 and come up with 453 😂

• @o_O said in Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!:

@Zaka_7 said in Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!:

Course it is. The other possible territories would be on a completely different platform. Project Hard' on.

You’ve misunderstood that completely lingardinho.
    Bit like the time when you sold at the bottom then pretended not to...

• @King-Fergus said in Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!:

@o_O said in Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!:

@Zaka_7 said in Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!:

Blocked. Not interested in anything you have to say you PoS, so don't bother replying :)

Keep telling yourself I sold at the bottom though, as the prices plummet to lower and lower depths ;) If i was still holding everything now that would be thousands more gone. Like has happened to you. 600 Bruno at £7.90.... you'd kill to be able to sell for that ;)

Byeeeeee x

• @o_O said in Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!:

@King-Fergus said in Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!:

@o_O said in Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!:

Blocked. Not interested in anything you have to say you PoS, so don't bother replying :)

Keep telling yourself I sold at the bottom though, as the prices plummet to lower and lower depths ;) If i was still holding everything now that would be thousands more gone. Like has happened to you. 600 Bruno at £7.90.... you'd kill to be able to sell for that ;)

Byeeeeee x

You change your story more than Bruno wins dividends.
    Ahh you missed out last night ... unlucky bud.

• Can anyone summarise the key findings?

One summary I've seen said expansion in 2 years, didn't mentioned if it'd be pooled?

Does this Hadron project mean no Nasdaq?

• I actually think they came across quite well, Rhiad i think, was aware of the current flaws and the negative feedback that has been dished around the web (you could tell from his smirks), I also think he is not 100% behind the structure/system/regime that takes our bets (he much preferred the original way like we did)... The other guy is overly geek and knows nothing about football, he lost me in translation i'm afraid... Not necessarily a bad thing though!

My gut from it, FI 'IS' working on improvements and adjusting all the time, they are taking the mechanisms of the site seriously although they are annoyingly focussing on the 'bigger picture' rather than getting those lazy little nibbles sorted like updating which player is at which club, but it does fill me with confidence that their agenda is to 'get a system' working that we can all use without grump. My only question is will there be enough money being invested into the platform whilst building it to ensure by the time it's all working, Rhiad and his mate are still in a job!

• From working in tech, albeit from a more web dev perspective as opposed to software.

It sounds like they created an initial platform which acted as a prototype, it grew way quicker and bigger than they thought and as a result, certain parameters weren't necessarily thought about (hence the changing of the guard with the tech team). Now whilst the initial model was restrictive for both maintaining and improving - they know the product works. So now they are focusing their efforts on re-developing this from the ground up to be able to handle large volumes of trafic, and to make a better product all round (both from a trader POV and for the tech team working on it).

Interesting that the guys they've employed are from Fintech backgrounds and that they referenced stock markets, as anyone involved in the stock market should know how important performance and staibility is over there.

From my view, I think they have used the lockdown period to overhaul the existing tech stack completely with a solid view on the long term, which is where heavy investment will have occurred.

Yes - it's been a difficult year for traders, but if what they are saying is true with putting solid foundations in place to handle both performance and scalability for the foreseeable future, then it's a pretty smart move to use this period to do so.

Sounds quite promising (if they can pull it off of course!)

• @NATH8919 said in Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!:

From working in tech, albeit from a more web dev perspective as opposed to software.

It sounds like they created an initial platform which acted as a prototype, it grew way quicker and bigger than they thought and as a result, certain parameters weren't necessarily thought about (hence the changing of the guard with the tech team). Now whilst the initial model was restrictive for both maintaining and improving - they know the product works. So now they are focusing their efforts on re-developing this from the ground up to be able to handle large volumes of trafic, and to make a better product all round (both from a trader POV and for the tech team working on it).

Interesting that the guys they've employed are from Fintech backgrounds and that they referenced stock markets, as anyone involved in the stock market should know how important performance and staibility is over there.

From my view, I think they have used the lockdown period to overhaul the existing tech stack completely with a solid view on the long term, which is where heavy investment will have occurred.

Yes - it's been a difficult year for traders, but if what they are saying is true with putting solid foundations in place to handle both performance and scalability for the foreseeable future, then it's a pretty smart move to use this period to do so.

Sounds quite promising (if they can pull it off of course!)

less than 4000 active traders a day. Seems like they're wasting time and money scaling something up that doesn't need scaling up, and neglecting the tiny few customers they have left.

Makes me less confident in the company than ever that they are spending so much time and money doing things to scale up to a level that if they're not careful, they will never reach, whilst at the same time, losing all their customers, reducing dividends and leaving things like having players at wrong clubs, and not being able to incorporate TOTM into the app as a proper dividend, getting on for 10 months after it started.

• I thought TOTM Started in August not April

• @o_O 4000 traders a day could be the same 500 or so and 3500 different traders each day. That’s potentially 100,000 different traders a month. The mechanism for ‘active’ isn’f really a great measure. I’m very active on the platform yet I’m only in that figure 3 or 4 times a month tops.

I don’t really understand why you’re faith in the business is shot. They’ve made some mistakes no doubt about that. But financially they’ve never been in a stronger position. People piled onto this thing years ago when it was embryonic and very risky. It’s far less so now. The information on share numbers they’ve minted they released yesterday only enhances that belief. They will get it right. They had to make some ballsy moves to get there and people are pissed off about it yes. Some rightly so, some to be honest because they just didn’t know what they were doing. But it was needed. And it will be to the betterment of the platform.

• @Zaka_7 said in Football Index Engineers on the Enginears Podcast - Worth Watching!:

I don’t really understand why you’re faith in the business is shot.

OK.