Over 20k invested...

• Just wanted to know the traders thoughts that have invested over 20k into FI before COVID hit... have most cashed out? Have you guys reinvested back into the platform?

Just wanted your general thoughts on FI an do you think your port is in danger?

How have you remained calm since March 2020?

I’m not a big hitter but I have deposited around 8k I also don’t think my port will ever recover

• I was lucky to take out my whole initial investment and some decent profit during the days you could 'instant sell' last year (i actually used a lot of it for a house deposit) so since last summer I've been playing purely on profit which is in my remaining portfolio, regularly (although less so these days) topped up by divs...

Because of that, I suppose the losses haven't hurt so much as they would if it were my own money lost, but it is concerning to see drops of well over 100% maybe even 200% on my portfolio in Feb 2020...

I'm not worried in not making any more money as i've had fun and knew the risks, but more concerned about the direction FI is heading... I worry that if you want to buy shares in Mbappe, you can get 380 on market for £4.40 each... but the best offer for someone to buy those shares is 52 units for £4.22... or 48 for £4.10... WHY would anybody buy more shares than they can sell at a much higher rate than the best offer? Its now become too risky buying big bulk!!!! Surely that's not what FI want as they need the big cash injections to survive???

Also with Haaland, I can buy 167 shares in him for £4.41.... but the highest bidder wants just 58 for £3.98.... everyone else currently bidding will buy 25 at most!!!! This is a guy that like Mbappe, SMASHED IT last night in the biggest club competition in world football.... I just can't see logically, how it now works????

We sadly aren't getting the no's of investment!!!!

• in fact let me rephrase that,... we sadly aren't getting the right 'type' of investor...

My live ticker currently states...

Matched: 20 shares in Jules Kounde for £17.80
    Matched: 25 shares in Harvey Barnes for £20.55
    Matched: 50 shares in Eduardo Camavinga for £52.24
    Matched: 92 shares in Ryan Fraser for £16.56
    Matched: 20 shares in Dayot Upamecano for £24.00
    Matched: 4 shares in Erling Braut Haaland for £17.16
    Matched: 20 shares in Florian Wirtz for £30.60
    Matched: 49 shares in Henrikh Mkhitaryan for £22.05

Not exactly exciting levels of investment!!!!!

• @dannypea

Yes I see your point bou mbappe an haaland, I just don’t get how it’s come to this...

I just feel sorry for the guys that have put in massive money, honest this platform this site this whole set up was so much fun, like I used to remember opening the app an being excited lol now I dread opening the app or clicking my portfolio. It’s just a shame things have panned out this way but the market is just so dry atm. It’s just been a weird year an I really hope FI can fix these issues as it’s never too late

• @Dav I have approx 15k 'invested'/gambled. I've gone through the different steps that they talk about since last year. For 4 years I'd look at my portfolio and excitedly see it grow and grow day after day. There was the odd period of stagnation but in general because I joined very early I did well and had alsorts of ideas to spend the money on.

Then when brown Sunday I shit myself, I was in a cold sweat thinking how the fuck I was guna tell the wife about the huge drop but was still in the fortunate position of being in some level of 'profit' whilst also blindly believing that it was just a blip and things would get better.

Since then, barring the odd rise its been relentless dropping of portfolio value only propped up by some decent dividend wins.

I'm now in the acceptance stage that I may never see my money again. I'm confused, in 2 minds whether to keep the faith and keep buying the 'cheap' players on offer or sell anyone for whatever I can get. I'm biased cos I was here in the days of relentless growth and my god it was good. I miss those days and maybe I'm still clinging onto them.

All I can say is I hope my faith will be repaid, I can afford to lose the 15k if it comes to that but do I fuck feel happy about it if I do from the position I was in before.

Maybe if and when the shit truly hits the fan ill go into the insane rage stage and start killing people, who knows. I just feel sorry for anyone who's deposited beyond their means because life with covid is shit enough without that stress on top as well.

• I had 20K in prior to Covid and added a further 10K over the last 10 months.

I plan on adding a further 70K over the next 5 years.

Hang in there if you can as this concept is how betting will progress into the future and as FI are market leaders currently, I believe its worth a punt

• @Karl wow mate that is a very hefty punt 😄

• @Karl sounds like a gamble!!!

I was keen to invest 'early days' and jump on the 'start up' bandwaggon and profit on what was the 'rise' of a new platform, knowing deep down it was a three year investment and maybe not much scope after that....

Problem is... 3/4 years in i'm still here... now with a bit of affection for it all and still hoping 'new investment' will buoy the market to somewhere near where it was!!!

The only way that can happen though is by FI 'improving' the platform and enhancing 'winning' opportunity which i feel is two areas that is currently being avoided... We wait every announcement for positivity, the next one might again give us some hope??

• @Dav said in Over 20k invested...:

@dannypea

Yes I see your point bou mbappe an haaland, I just don’t get how it’s come to this...

I just feel sorry for the guys that have put in massive money, honest this platform this site this whole set up was so much fun, like I used to remember opening the app an being excited lol now I dread opening the app or clicking my portfolio. It’s just a shame things have panned out this way but the market is just so dry atm. It’s just been a weird year an I really hope FI can fix these issues as it’s never too late

• I'm a very small fish 🐟 had £5,000 in, just didn't / don't feel happy with the way things have gone 😖 so traded out for some losses, but even that is better than i would have had now ... Kept £516 in some with wide spreads, hoping for a PD or spike, which is now worth £263 🙈

• I have only been on F.I for 2 years so up to before Brown Sunday i think i had like 30k in it, and was up nothing huge but about 15k.
    Since all the crashes i said fuck it i've two options sell up or double down , i have since put in another 20k but i've reached my max i'm willing to invest which is 50k.
    I should be taking out the dividends to lower my liability but its all too tempting to top up on some players.
    The way i see it, ill either lose it all or ill get back in profit. I don't have anyway near the same confidence Karl has and don't agree that this is the future in regards for company's to make money from betting.
    I have no idea how F.I can fix all the current problems i really don't. I believe they have no idea either , and are desperate to not reduce the main dividends as they know if they do that, the whole thing will collapse beyond repair

• @Dav I reinvest divs into the top guys and hope the index stays alive, not sure if I bought a load of shit previously or was the index fault bitta both prob. I’m resigned to losing it, could be worse and be 200k though. It’s a great platform though or was.

• @dannypea I never gamble, only invest.

I am on FI 2 years from tomorrow and I suppose I was feeling my way around for the first year before I figured out what strategy would work for me best.

I am fully behind the concept and the management who have shown they can make the hard decisions when needed.

I fully understand why many are nervous about depositing but if I lose a large percentage of my investment then so be it, as I will just move onto the next investment that takes my fancy.

I have looked into FI as much as I can and have listened to people a lot smarter than me and I can find no reason for the platform not to succeed long into the future.

• I was on FI for 2 years and just before covid I withdrew my 32k from a 6k stake. I then bought 5k worth of keepers when they were first introduced into the market and then sold fairly soon after the rise and made 2.5k and haven't dabbled since. Until I see that they are a financially stable company I can't invest another penny. The big players have been winning lots of divs recently and that may seem great for the index but with someone like Bruno winning tonight costing them around 160k is not a company I can invest in right now.

• @Tom7471

Mate, the fact that they've sold so many Bruno is why they can pay against him.

Someone bought him at £11.35 per share.

• @Dan-The-Man but surely so many bought at much lower prices too? I bought loads at £1.20

• @Tom7471 not as many

• @Tom7471 well you have absolutely no problem with FI then . 32k from 6k
    ... if you moan about anything you would be rather foolish

• @dannypea said in Over 20k invested...:

in fact let me rephrase that,... we sadly aren't getting the right 'type' of investor...

92 shares in Ryan Fraser, fuck me how much more of an investment do you want 😂

• @dannypea said in Over 20k invested...:

in fact let me rephrase that,... we sadly aren't getting the right 'type' of investor...

It certainly does cry different animal for the IPD days. On certain days, particularly late stages of the Champions League, you could watch 2000 shares of a player get bought on the ticker.

Imagine the likes of Bruno Petkovic and Bale tonight, would have been bedlam.