Bid Gates?

• The lowest bids being allowed on certain players is at crazy percentages.

I think I missed an announcement somewhere.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 18.14.54.png

On a £1 player, the lowest I can bid is 80p (20% lower than the total price)

BUT

On a 95p player, the lowest I can bid is 19p (80% lower than the total price)

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 18.15.26.png

Does anyone know why?

• @Dan-The-Man I noticed this but couldn't be bothered to type out the question so thanks for doing it for me 😄

Surely can't be an FI cock up can it?

• @Stevo

It's a scary change if it's not some botch in their code.

• @Dan-The-Man I was tempted to throw in loads of dirt cheap bids but already been beaten to it on anyone I wanted.

• @Dan-The-Man think they are targeting players with little or no IS, opening the zones on selected players. They must have an audit of liquidity coming up from share holders or the GC lol... Or need a positive week next week 🤔

I'm in camp get rid of bid zones.
    Let the market grow from the bottom up, find real current value, increases liquidity, offers many an out, makes it fun again...

I've removed about 5k from offers and put about 3k into bids as zones made me switch my strategy on some players.

Just imagine if we can bid and offer on the same players next, FI slowly catching the competition up!

• @Westy totally agree

• Yep, noticed this earlier too. Tried to put a 6p bid in for Onana but looks like trading is suspended in him. I guess that makes sense, but thought it could have been a good return when he's back or if his suspension gets shortened.

• Even more importantly 😄 they've sorted that ANNOYING thing on the android app where when you viewed a player it reset the list to biggest increase so you had to scroll down to the player in the list you were last at.

• @Stevo said in Bid Gates?:

Even more importantly 😄 they've sorted that ANNOYING thing on the android app where when you viewed a player it reset the list to biggest increase so you had to scroll down to the player in the list you were last at.

Oh fuck they actually haven't after I've gone and typed that out!

• @Westy said in Bid Gates?:

I'm in camp get rid of bid zones.
    Let the market grow from the bottom up, find real current value, increases liquidity, offers many an out, makes it fun again...

Nah, I can't get with that mate.

When IS was removed... a bunch of people were making out like the players on the market were over priced because of Instant Sell, as if there's some "True Price" that players are worth. The prices reached where they reached because of the market conditions which included IS. Just like the current prices are where they are because of the current market conditions and everything that's led up to now.

Removing/Lowering the bid zone, changes the market condition. So all it's doing, is lowering the prices again.

To put this into perspective, I've been trading in and out of certain players for months. Buying at X, selling at Y, rinse and repeat. Yesterday, one of those players reached my 'Buy Price' for him... but today, I can bid 3x lower than yesterday. So, of course, my bid is now 3x lower and as a result, when I come to sell, I'll be needing to adjust my expectations of what I can charge for him. That's fine for new trades but the 150,000 shares of him that already exist, just took a beating.

• This post is deleted!

• @Dan-The-Man removing the limits has been a popular shout for a while, but can't say it was one I was in favour of either. I would actually have liked to see them narrow the bid window as I am sure a lot of people want to buy but will always bid the lowest figure they can, therefore if you don't let them go as far down, they would bid higher. That gives people more confidence to buy, as they see a smaller spread and could lead to a bit of upwards pressure and an overall increase in sentiment.

Now clearly it could have gone the other way, with people refusing to bid that high, even more players with no IS, creating a fall in sentiment, but I really think it would have actually helped. Doesn't look like we'll find out now, but was something I suggested ages ago, although I suspect it's no more popular now than it was back then.

• If they want to attract I wider range of people with deeper pockets then they need to move towards removing the bid zones

• @Dan-The-Man but if others rate him higher than lowest price you get a bidding war? Proper market? Yes it will crash some prices in the meantime, and whilst money is spread thin there won't be much competition, but after a while we should end up with prices made by the buyers, not by the limits FI put on.

Similarly, I've been buying a player, always at lowest bid, his zone has changed, now I'm not getting accepted at the new lowest so I probs need to head the bid back up.

Also as a seller, I was ISing a player on the old lowest bid, now I see someone is way below that, I'm not selling, il wait.

It'll work better when we can bid and offer on same player, as whilst that player I'm trying to sell doesn't have a suitable bid, I'd buy more at the lower price ready for him to perform later and sell at my offer price.

• @Westy said in Bid Gates?:

@Dan-The-Man but if others rate him higher than lowest price you get a bidding war?

That would be true in a market with very tight supply or incredibly huge demand but we know that's not the case on FI, particularly in the under £1 category. So, all I need to do is keep the bid at the lowest and sooner or later, I'll be one of the only options for those who want out.

There's only a bidding war if I want a player instantly. And just remember, before this change, I was prepared to pay 3x the price, I'm now prepared to pay for the players I'm talking about. So, it's instantly removed my demand.

• @Dan-The-Man yeh I see what you mean.

But there will be lots of players that had 0 for ages, now they may only have 4p, but for many that just want to quit and delete, it's an out.

Maybe they should have o ly done it on those with 0 for now until MMs can come in and set floors.

It's all a bit late, might be different if they did straight away when there was more cash going in monthly and sentiment was better.

• @Westy

I wonder if their decision to widen the bid gate is tied to the changes that are coming to the benchmarks given that being able to put in bids at 80% under the price, is obviously going to reduce the average all offers.