Why are there so many Tanganga shares in circulation?

• Read down the list of highest no. of shares all seems to make sense and then bang! Tanganga who hardly plays. No wonder he is so cheap when there are that many shares in him.

• @NewUser49907 Came out when the platform was safe as houses, and buying young and potential players was the in thing

• I was actually involved in this..

There was some massive glitch on the system when he ipo'd. IPOs used to be a huge deal and so many people would want in that the whole site would crash.. That was back when they had some customers...

His price shot up quickly and just kept rising and rising.. People were piling in at a crazy rate. I remember his price passing £10, the ticker was going mental. People thought they were going to be rich.

Basically an IT issue made him the hottest property in town.

Then the price dropped back as everyone listed for sale and everyone was locked in for a week. He had the biggest ever sell queue for weeks after, and soon became worthless.

Fun times

• @o_O I can tell you still love it 😗

• @o_O said in Why are there so many Tanganga shares in circulation?:

I was actually involved in this..

There was some massive glitch on the system when he ipo'd. IPOs used to be a huge deal and so many people would want in that the whole site would crash.. That was back when they had some customers...

His price shot up quickly and just kept rising and rising.. People were piling in at a crazy rate. I remember his price passing £10, the ticker was going mental. People thought they were going to be rich.

Basically an IT issue made him the hottest property in town.

Then the price dropped back as everyone listed for sale and everyone was locked in for a week. He had the biggest ever sell queue for weeks after, and soon became worthless.

Fun times

He didnt reach 10 quid but, you're right there was a massive fuck up on his ipo and in the end fi issued a tonne at a set price (1.83 iirc) and refunded anyone who paid over that amount

• @Shepherd_9 The platform is financially safer now than it’s ever been. That’s the irony.

• @Zaka_7 I hope so

• @NewUser49907 yep, as others have said, price froze on IPO, so loads were minted at a low price due to large demand, then suddenly shot up once the tech came back to life. They would never have minted so many if the price had risen as more were sold as it should have done.

Could have been an expensive error for FI, but luckily for them he has failed so far to live up to the hype after those first couple of games.

• @Decafruby6 @Zaka_7 I think that’s the problem. Everyone wanted it to be safe and to be able to limit their risk so now we have a product where no player is worth more than 3x the top dividend yield for a year. Great if you’re just joining but for anyone with an existing portfolio struggle to see how we can make money back on portfolio.