Any tips to earn more dividends?

• Hello all, I'm a novice trader.

I've got a diversified portfolio. I've only invested in £500 worth of shares. I am currently holding on average 10 - 15 shares on about 20 of the most popular footballers (pogba, sancho, bruno Fernandes, messi, neymar, haaland, mbappe, ronaldo, Lewandowski, sterling, jesus, mount, maddison etc)

Also, I have a small number of youths (moukoko, wirtz, reyna)

Since the change for OB last September, I have left my portfolio as it is to let it earn some dividends as the market seems to be poor for trading.

I have been reaping in dividends pretty much daily over the last 5 - 6 months. But it has been slow earnings. I take in on average about just under £10 per month now (since the removal of IPD) as before with IPD I had over £10/month.

So I was wondering anyone has any tips on offer on how to earn more dividends?

... I considered doubling my investment at first by injecting in another £500 or so and my dividends earning would potentially double. i.e. £500 worth yields around under £10 of dividends for me and doubling would mean £1K giving me potentially £20/month (providing I buy the most dividend-yielding players). With more CL, Europa League games coming up plus Euros on the horizon I'm thinking this would be a good move?

• @NewUser120946 invest more or else just have 1 or 2 players

• @NewUser120946 personally id get rid of the youths first. Then maybe cut your holdings in half the expensive players then but more around the £1 mark. So many decent pb players around £1 right now.

• Buy Kroos 😉

• @NewUser120946

Get rid of the Pogba, Bruno, etc during the next spike.

Then use that money to buy players who are vastly cheaper but will win from time to time.

Bruno at £7 might give you a £2-£3 return over the year but there are players at £1 who will give you a 50p return and players at 30p who will give you a 60p.

The way I see it, the high end is for people with 6 figure ports who have exhausted all of the super cheap options but still want to use the rest of their cash.

• @Dan-The-Man I've concentrated on buying Pogba this week. Not sure what will happen if/when he leaves Utd, but in the short term I'm enjoying the liquidity, price volatility and large spread.

Very easy to flip and bring down the average at the moment. Time it right and you can sell instantly for more than you paid 15 minutes ago.

It is nice knowing that you can sell if you want to.

• @Honeylight

Yep. I don't think Pogba is a bad bet. Historically we've seen PB exoduses as the season draws to a close and that could potentially benefit Pogba holders, given his status in the French team and the MB he typically generates.

It will be interesting to see how the next set of changes impact everything.

• @NewUser120946 said in Any tips to earn more dividends?:

Hello all, I'm a novice trader.

I've got a diversified portfolio. I've only invested in £500 worth of shares. I am currently holding on average 10 - 15 shares on about 20 of the most popular footballers (pogba, sancho, bruno Fernandes, messi, neymar, haaland, mbappe, ronaldo, Lewandowski, sterling, jesus, mount, maddison etc)

Also, I have a small number of youths (moukoko, wirtz, reyna)

Since the change for OB last September, I have left my portfolio as it is to let it earn some dividends as the market seems to be poor for trading.

I have been reaping in dividends pretty much daily over the last 5 - 6 months. But it has been slow earnings. I take in on average about just under £10 per month now (since the removal of IPD) as before with IPD I had over £10/month.

So I was wondering anyone has any tips on offer on how to earn more dividends?

... I considered doubling my investment at first by injecting in another £500 or so and my dividends earning would potentially double. i.e. £500 worth yields around under £10 of dividends for me and doubling would mean £1K giving me potentially £20/month (providing I buy the most dividend-yielding players). With more CL, Europa League games coming up plus Euros on the horizon I'm thinking this would be a good move?

I don’t think your going far wrong. But if you really want divs, as @Stevo rightly says, get rid of your youths. It could be years before they win a div, and there’s no guarantee they will. Maybe cut it to 15 players.
    Get rid of kids and maybe Haaland/Maddison. Haaland may win some MB in the summer, but don’t expect lots of PB. I’d think about bringing in Kroo’s and Kimmich, although Kimmich is starting to reach an overheated price. With Euros coming the summer, Kane will inevitably win MB as England captain. And he’s still cheap. But otherwise, your not far off with what you have.

• @NewUser120946 put everything you’ve got into pogba

• @Stevo @Valhalla Yeah i don't have that many youths. Only a few. The reason I'm holding onto these youths (moukuko, wirtz etc) is I believe (or I hope rather) they will become the next sancho/haaland. Bundesliga is pretty hot at the moment.

Interesting advice thereon not putting too much on the expensive players like bruno etc. The bruno's etc are one of the few that are actually generating constant divs for me on a pretty much daily basis.

I'll definitely consider diversify more and use my extra deposits to buy the cheap £1 that likely to gain some divs. The problem I find with those is that they might produce a one-off wonder match (like Isak scoring a hat-trick today) and potentially giving me divs for a day and no more for the rest of the season.

• @Dan-The-Man any specific examples of £1 players who give 50p return and 30p players give 60p return?

• @NewUser120946 said in Any tips to earn more dividends?:

@Dan-The-Man any specific examples of £1 players who give 50p return and 30p players give 60p return?

Bale, price gone up but was 30p and has over 60p in divs past 12 months

• @Dan-The-Man six figure ports is a bit extreme mate haha

• @NewUser120946 bruno is the one I would definitely keep to be honest. Despite being expensive he certainly wins regular dividends.

Good luck 👍

• @Deano4dawin he's one of few players I am actually cautious over. He's 31 and although he's generating a lot of headlines in recent times, not sure whether I want to hold this player for too long. I think he's likely to call it a day anytime soon tbh.

Plus, even though he was as low as 30p-40p at one point and he maybe generating about 60p over a 12 month period - past performance doesn't really translate to future success

• There's no guarantees of dividends with any players obviously bt if yiu kook ar current prices of players like Gnabry, De Paul, Kramaric, Mahrez to name few who are awesome PB players and with a bit of form should all see decent price rises as well.

• @Valhalla funny enough I actually had Kroos and got rid of him just yesterday. even though he's hot at the moment, I think players like him (solid versatile mid) are not going to constantly generate divs for me.

my strategy at the moment has been to be hands-off where I can and let the popular players generate constant divs for me passively -so it's been a bit of a long term plan for me so far.

Otherwise, I would need to be taking an active role in trading, constantly keeping in check with the popular players & repeatedly buy/sell accordingly...

• @NewUser120946 if Kroos doesn't deliver regularly then no one will. Strange strategy

• @Stevo yeah, I agree with you. There are certainly no guarantees for divs. I'm just targeting the ones that are more likely to yield divs for me.

I also have players like Gnarbry, De Paul, etc and the problem I find with them is even though they might rise in price, the OB format makes it hard to sell at a decent price given the high spreads.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Any tips to earn more dividends?:

@NewUser120946

Get rid of the Pogba, Bruno, etc during the next spike.

Then use that money to buy players who are vastly cheaper but will win from time to time.

Bruno at £7 might give you a £2-£3 return over the year but there are players at £1 who will give you a 50p return and players at 30p who will give you a 60p.

The way I see it, the high end is for people with 6 figure ports who have exhausted all of the super cheap options but still want to use the rest of their cash.

The high end is absolutely not for punters with 6 figure ports. You know that is cheeky nonsense. 🤓95% of FI users don’t have 6 figure ports and they have plenty of top end players in their port. But it is about balance. You don’t want only premium players. But you also don’t want only low end players. Because yes, a 60p player could return 30p. But they are also usually priced that low for a reason, and will more than likely earn you nothing. And then be hard to sell on top of that. You are successful with the low end dan, because you are able to spot the gems in the shit, like Cuadrado. But most ppl don’t have your knowledge or experience. So I would advise this route with caution. When you start up, go with the tried and tested. You can branch out to more “punty” picks as you get more experience.