The PB Sadness

• This platform is a mess atm. The pull factors just aren't there, it's become boring.

The player scores, the only thing that is really of any value anymore, are shameful. They are the main income earners and today highlights the problem.

Barnes has been top scorer all day. He has just been replaced by someone who finished there match 4 hours ago. Isak scored a hat-rick today, a once in a season achievement. He still will not win PB.

This is not just unfair, but also an unstable process. It also means those that are now top of the PB (4 hours later) have not seen any price rise.

If your player has scored a hatrick and doesnt win PB, or your player is top PB all day to lose it to a player who finished 4 hours previous......is this a platform that will attract people anymore?

• Bruno done pretty much nothing the whole game today, got a lucky assist, standard Man U penalty and thats about it! Still gets a high PB score, another goal and he wins mid player divs

• Before we start a whole thread bemoaning the PB matrix remember it is clear and available for everyone to see and therefore when buying players we all know what makes a good player and a bad player for betting purposes on this site. Isak may have scored 3 goals and got GWG but obviously did very little else to bolster his score and so unfortunately does not win on another day he may well have.

Regarding Barnes and Sabitzer FI is dammed if they do and dammed if they do not. As they use external independent verification of player scores (OPTA) they have no control over the amendments that are made. We unfortunately can choose to either stick to incorrect 90 minute figures and pay out on the wrong player or wait until 9am tomorrow and pay out on the deserved winner.

These 2 things are the least of the current issues and my opinion is they should get on with sorting the bigger issues out

• I personally think going from a potential 28 p to maybe a 1p because the player missed out by a point or two is slightly wrong. I think tiered PB is a must. They must save a fortunate from IPD, they need to give back

• @NewUser84362 . I’m sorry buddy, I don’t agree. Before you walk up to a Roulette table, it serves you best to learn the game rules. Scoring points on the PB matrix is no different. It’s so weak to blame the game rules because you don’t bother to learn them. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• @AndydfopT said in The PB Sadness:

I personally think going from a potential 28 p to maybe a 1p because the player missed out by a point or 1 is slightly wrong. I think tiered PB is a must. They must save a fortunate from IPD they need to give back

Yes, tiered PB is starting to gain favour. But it may mean scrapping MDE, and TOTM.

• @Fletch

Both entirely valid points Fletch.

That said...

Both of these issues are raised on a weekly basis by different people, which suggests there's a significant flaw in the system.

• @Valhalla Everyone knows the rules, theres nothing in @NewUser84362 post to suggest he/she doesn't???

• @NewUser565183 said in The PB Sadness:

@Valhalla Everyone knows the rules, theres nothing in @NewUser84362 post to suggest he/she doesn't???

Not sure they do. If you know the rules, why would you be moaning when the results play out exactly as the results dictate. It’s like rocking up to a game of Roulette and because the balls lands next to your number 3 times in a row, expecting to get paid out. Sorry sunshine, read the rules. Then you won’t be surprised or disappointed.

• @Dan-The-Man

It is a non fixable flaw though Dan simple as that - pay out on the wrong player or wait and pay out on the correct player. There is no solution to that.

The PB matrix could be changed weekly to suit all sorts of different agendas and every week somebody will complain as it is subjective to each and every one of us.

I am happy to push FI over nearly everything they have got wrong but hand on heart even you who loves to argue black is white must agree that there is so much more that needs changing.

• @Fletch agreed. No matter how you tweak the matrix, someone will always feel hard done by.

• @NewUser565183 maybe he/she does know the rules but obviously does not know they take the scoring data from Opta? Every week or two there is the same post about someone’s hold not winning PB due to Opta changing players scores later in the day/evening and FI are blamed and classed as useless, but for once this is no fault of FI. It just gets tiresome reading the same shit over and over, I think that’s what Valhalla was getting at, just not in the most subtle ways? 😂 Anyway, I would much rather FI left Opta to do the scoring knowing the points may get changed later that day, rather than FI start doing it themselves, imagine the shit show we would see on match days if that were the case?

• @Martin-M said in The PB Sadness:

@NewUser565183 maybe he/she does know the rules but obviously does not know they take the scoring data from Opta? Every week or two there is the same post about someone’s hold not winning PB due to Opta changing players scores later in the day/evening and FI are blamed and classed as useless, but for once this is no fault of FI. It just gets tiresome reading the same shit over and over, I think that’s what Valhalla was getting at, just not in the most subtle ways? 😂 Anyway, I would much rather FI left Opta to do the scoring knowing the points may get changed later that day, rather than FI start doing it themselves, imagine the shit show we would see on match days if that were the case?

Yes, perhaps I could be more tactful. So I apologise to the OP if I was a bit short. 👍🏻

• @Valhalla I’m sure you meant no harm 😁
    Anyway I agree, folk need to start reading the rules rather than blaming FI for everything, I get they are useless but there’s more than enough bad sentiment towards FI without blaming them for things that are out of their control. At least this time the person moaning about scores changing wasn’t Sol 😂

• @Martin-M I think everyone’s feels like having a grumble when they get pipped. It’s only natural. In the past, I have thrown my phone across the room in a proper tantrum. Getting pipped in the last minute of the last game by some nobody mother fucker 😸 But the rules really are there in black and white for all to see.
    It’s annoying, but you go again next game day.

• @NewUser84362
    its just stale, a mass of players chasing a few prizes one for each position. a ridiculous system of feast or famine so the vast majority of players will rot and so will the prices.
    for me barnes was the standout performance in the premier league today. i used to hold him on fi so today would have been a turn off. isak well i wont go into the goalscorer thing but if i held him i would be thinking this platform is pointless. capital appreciation could be a long way off or never happen so if your players are getting nothing for hat tricks then this platform is not fit for purpose.

• Don’t get 79’ started on hat tricks again! 😄👆🏻

• @NewUser628679

You are confusing this product with Fantasy Football - how would you feel if you held Sabitzer and instead of paying out on him they paid out on Barnes who had a lower score.

You say Barnes was the standout performer in the premier league but this is a 5 league platform not just the premier league.

Yes a hat trick is a notable performance but if we reward hat tricks what do you do for Midfield players or defenders - If they pay out on hat tricks every striker would be a higher price than they are - If you do not like the product why join but more importantly rather than just complain how do you suggest it can be improved.

• @Valhalla
    no dont want to get into that again even though im right. this is more about the whole payout structure, think it just breeds disappointment and frustration especially when a user logs in the next day and his player value has dropped 20%. a double kick in the bollox!

• @Valhalla yeah they love a good old whinge, does he/she? Again, read the rules it does not give extra points for hatricks, get over it and move on