The PB Sadness

• I'm not in favour of any significant changes to the matrix, but I wouldn't have a huge problem with a small bonus for a hat trick scorer. That said, it will lead to further complaints about FI shaking the money tree, moving the goalposts, changing open bets, etcbut. and I'm not really sure it's worth it as I've not heard a compelling case in favour of a change.

Certainly taking the two recent cases of a hat trick scorer not winning PB, Aubameyang was beaten by Lukaku, who got 2, one of which was the GWG and an assist, so not unreasonable and Isak, who was subbed with a 1/3rd of the game to go, so again, not unreasonable that he didn't win. Therefore, although both stirred debate, when you look at them, I don't think either of them deserved to win PB, so don't think a matrix tweak would necessarily have given a better result there. I'm sure there'll be examples where a PB winner doesn't sit quite right, but I'm yet to be convinced it's worth worrying about really.

• @Mintyfresh nice post.....I hold Isak n Martinez but both are likely to win mde . It's a very poor amount but it's a win non the less . Increase this and 9/10 hattricks will be rewarded appropriately.

• @TeamGB said in The PB Sadness:

I was thinking why not have a separate PB and MB table for both the Top 200 and for The Squad? Then all players in PB leagues should have some value and there’s potential value for those players that may get a transfer to one of these league?

• @TeamGB Very good suggestion to the table . That would open up or at least bring attraction to a much larger spectrum of the index - which is what is needed

• @Fletch said in The PB Sadness:

@Dan-The-Man

Dan it is only a few look through the threads and it is literally minimal numbers look how few have upvoted your posts as an example.

Nah, we're just looking at a very select sample here. Those who left over the issue aren't here, some of them never make it this far but you only have to look at how often these threads are made to know that it's an issue that pisses enough people off.

Also we are not trying to find a golden boot winner we are trying to purchase a PB/MB/TOTM winner

But that's the disconnect isn't it. The concept of a stock market for players suggests you're trying to find future stars but by having a PB matrix that doesn't reward the stars, it puts the concept at odds with customer expectation.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree over this one mate but my bet is that we'll see another 10 threads similar to this one by the end of the season. Probably more.

• @Dan-The-Man

I agree we will see threads moaning that Fernandes wins too much media just like the ones that said Pogba won too much. We will see people complain that Neymar when he returns wins Pb because he takes all the free kicks, corners and falls over too easy so gets points for being fouled and then Trent will win and people say it’s because all he does is whack balls into the area.

However all these players have in common traits that win money on FI and so lots of shares are sold in them. However immobile and Vardy have not had many shares sold in them because they do not and because they are not in the same bracket as players mentioned.

That tells me more traders than you imagine get it and those that do not would complain about anything and is why I think it is not the main issue

@Dan-The-Man

I agree we will see threads moaning that Fernandes wins too much media just like the ones that said Pogba won too much. We will see people complain that Neymar when he returns wins Pb because he takes all the free kicks, corners and falls over too easy so gets points for being fouled and then Trent will win and people say it’s because all he does is whack balls into the area.

However all these players have in common traits that win money on FI and so lots of shares are sold in them. However immobile and Vardy have not had many shares sold in them because they do not and because they are not in the same bracket as players mentioned.

That tells me more traders than you imagine get it and those that do not would complain about anything and is why I think it is not the main issue

Nah, you're just conflating a whole bunch of things here.

It's easy to make out like anyone who wants improvements is moaning and that they're idiots who don't understand the matrix, as if it's not possible to completely understand the matrix whilst recognising that it has unnecessary flaws which can be significantly improved upon.

I understand the matrix just fine, I just think certain aspects of it are shite and result in a lot of negative sentiment through bad design.

• @Dan-The-Man

Dan yes it could be better but if you change it you start a whole chain of events that will make the shit show we have all gone through look like a party to what would happen if changes were made now.

Are you actually advocating that changes are made which would whether you like it or not directly negatively impact the value of the majority of peoples portfolios.

Or as someone who by there own admission owns a portfolio of mainly players valued at less than 75p would like to see changes to the index that would likely reduce the value of the top 200 players and potentially increase the value of your cheap holds!

Sounds like you are campaigning for one of the biggest pumps of all time 😂😂😂

• This post is deleted!

• Bonus points for hat trick and doubles should be brought In least gives goalscorers something, haaland double 181 pts.

@Dan-The-Man

Dan yes it could be better but if you change it you start a whole chain of events that will make the shit show we have all gone through look like a party to what would happen if changes were made now.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy that kind of defeatist logic. Like there's no changes at all possible that can be made, which will improve the situation. I understand the fear but I don't think it's rational.

Are you actually advocating that changes are made which would whether you like it or not directly negatively impact the value of the majority of peoples portfolios.

Again, that's a fatalistic way of looking at it. Not all changes would negatively impact portfolios. Any changes I'd make would be laid out in the present but wouldn't come into play until far into the future. We're already going to see a PB exodus at the end of this season and at the end of the season after... the changes I proposed wouldn't come into effect until the 22/23 season, giving the market something to push towards.

Or as someone who by there own admission owns a portfolio of mainly players valued at less than 75p would like to see changes to the index that would likely reduce the value of the top 200 players and potentially increase the value of your cheap holds!

Nah come on now, that's not my way. It's well document that my portfolio is the likes of Fabinho, Koch, Henderson, etc and here I am advocating for goal scorers. Christ, I should be advocating for injury pay.

• @Dan-The-Man said in The PB Sadness:

@Fletch said in The PB Sadness:

@Dan-The-Man

But that's the disconnect isn't it. The concept of a stock market for players suggests you're trying to find future stars but by having a PB matrix that doesn't reward the stars, it puts the concept at odds with customer expectation.

But the stars are getting rewarded Dan. Who is the player that wins PB more often than anyone else, year in year out? That would be Messi. He also happens to be the best player in the world, which is fitting. And suggests the PB matrix is very fit for purpose. The next best on the PB matrix is probably Neymar. Then you have the likes of Bruno, Ronaldo, Kimmich etc. So best players are more often then not winning on the PB matrix.
    The ppl who complain when their player has scored a hattrick and hasn’t won star man, are generally newcomers who have not yet had the inclination or time to understand how FI ticks. Because if they knew how FI worked, then they would be less likely to be surprised nor annoyed when that player doesn’t win with a hattrick. Just as 80% of the regular FI users aren’t surprised. So just because a person writes another angry thread about it, it doesn’t necessarily mean it needs changing to fulfil their expectations. It tells me he is probably new, or hasn’t yet put the energy into learning how FI works.
    Having said that, if a way can be found, like @Baydog suggested, that can make out and out goals scorers more rewarded, then his can only be a good thing. I’m just not sure twatting around with the matrix now is the best idea. We need stability more than anything . Not uncertainty.

• @Dan-The-Man

Dan I am not against changes but I want them well thought out and tested behind the scenes for at least 3 months by FI to see what impact they might have before any announcement which should come at the end of the season. This would mean they have kept a pledge to review annually and hopefully any change would not have any unexpected consequences.

I believe an unexpected consequence of boosting strikers is that they would end up totally dominating star man on gold days. So a simple test would be to see the breakdown of star man winners over the season on gold days if forwards are already winning over a 1/3 of them do they need a boost as a category?

I think we may be all pleasantly surprised by the decisions FI take going forward and therefore let’s give them until the euros to prove they have changed?

• @Dan-The-Man Sterling shits himself most the time, Bamfords a better finisher

• @Valhalla

What we need is an index that makes sense. You can tell people a million times don't buy players that aren't good at PB, and slate the people who buy players that aren't good at PB, but you are not looking at the bigger picture at all.

You are going to get boned if you underestimate this. If FI do not replace the removal of IPDs with a physical payout to reward goals, then what do you think is going to happen?

Do you reckon word of mouth type promotion of the product will make it thrive, when people are telling their mates don't buy Auba because he can score two goals and win a high profile match, but Floran Grilitsch has been playing centre back for Hoffenheim, and home to molde in a one nil loss he will more than likely outscore Auba due to him passing the ball sideways a fair bit.

Use your head this is not a system that will work in a product that makes any sense without the IPD rewards, so one way or another they will have to make a change to make the important and relevant match actions equate to value on the index

• @Baydog - What ever the matrix. A player does not deserve to win with almost 300 points whose team have lost 2-0 at home to Molde and are now out of Europe. No clean sheet, no assists, no goals and a major upset in Europe. They had 27 shots at goal, but none of them were any good. It shows more than ever outstanding contributions are not recognised enough instead of passing a ball sideways, crossing or just hitting the target. Apologies if you own him but hope someone beats him who derserves to win. In my opinion of course :-)

• @NewUser336426

It has matrix review written all over it, the good news is you will have 0.0001 seconds to react to it before the bids disappear and you are locked in until the next change

• @NewUser336426 very well put, completely agree - laughable.

• I feel a matrix change is going to happen sooner rather then later. Its only just become an issue as Ipds papered over the flaws....however another major change to already fragile index could be detrimental. People want think long and hard before pushing for change as surely most have re structured for a PB heavy port? Even small tweaks could make certain PB players irrelevant and the only winners will be FI

• @AndydfopT

That's why the changes need to be for a very distant future but it's worth noting that PB players tank over summer naturally because there's a lack of football.

I said to @Fletch there'd be another 10 threads on this by the end of the season but there's already 3 since this thread.