World Cup surprises

• Who will surprise us in the WC? Teams and players.
    I'll start , fancy Denmark as dark horses and Sisto as attracting some attention

Feel free to laugh at me when they crash out in the group stage, Peru look very good too so it's a tough group

• England of course!

• @Indexical debatable whether it'll be a surprise but I think Croatia will do really well and also think Colombia could do well again also. Can see James being a star once again.

• @Indexical the Swiss

• My world cup wallchart says they'll be no surprises but of those lower than the odds of England in the pecking order I like Poland or Columbia in Group H as one of them will probably play either Tunisia or Panama in round two ;-)

Otherwise why not Egypt as i see Group A quite open (although they'll do well to get past Spain or Portugal in R2) whilst if Argentina or France don't win their groups one of the sides from C or D (probably Croatia perhaps Denmark) could go a long way?

Serbia or Mexico too perhaps??? I honestly can't wait and i'm foaming at the mouth thinking about it!!!!!!!

• @dannypea
    Exactly. Bring it on !

• Colombia will knock England out at the round of 16, but that’s as far as they’ll go

• Portugal and Serbia.

Serbia are priced 200/1 and are around 25th best favourites out of 36 teams according to the bookies.

They have:

1. Rajkovic - A young goalkeeper who looks like a future world class player (watch youtube)
    2. IVANOVIC - A past player of Chelsea's.
    3. Nastasic - A past player of Manchester City's and now at Schalke.
    4. Kolarov - A past Manchester City player and now at Roma.
    5. Tadic - Southampton player.
    6. MATIC - Manchester United.
    7. SAVIC - Lazio.
    8. ZIVKOVIC - Benfica.
    9. Grujic - Cardiff.
    10. Mitrovic - Fulham and Newcastle.

The ones in Capital letters are their stars. Their defence seems as good as England's. Their Midfield seems a lot better. Their forwards seem strong.

• @Indexical from an individual player point of view, (FI and England perspective) I'd love to see Rashford play a lot and show the world what he is capable of. Potentially a star and here's hoping because I've held him for so long now with only a single media buzz win if I remember rightly. I know it's mainly mourinho's fault but I'm hoping he can start bringing home he bacon!

• The surprises of the World Cup for me will be Egypt (there odds to progress with Uruguay are way too high at 9/2) and I also fancy Peru to go well (not lost since 2016).

I hope Croatia have a good run this time - they have some great players.
    I can see Argentina going home early. Struggled to qualify and I think theres a lot of broken relationships in that squad.

Colombia should go well and as previously stated I reckon they will meet England and knock us out.

I reckon the cream will rise to the top and I can envisage Brazil, France and Germany all making the semi-finals. One of these will win it and Im backing, as I did 4 years ago the Germans to prevail. They have quality, they're organised and they have the experience.

• @dannypea I think Spain are going to be on first plane home I can see the banana skin

• @Stevo I can't believe how mourinho has turn united in to the most unmotivated boring rabble going and the FA cup final the team may as well of stayed at home and Chelsea were just as bad at least Liverpool and city and hate to say it but spurs to have been easy on the eyes

• @Mazza-magic yeah exactly. So annoying cos I bought rashford ages and ages ago and then they introduced Performance buzz and he's been redundant since. I ought to have sold him but I hate selling when in the red.

• @Stevo Do you reckon Rashford is worth his price?

• @Stevo hold on coz I can see mourinho being out by xmas his wasted so much talent there ya got to wonder if his on a big bung from roman ! I like Ipswich but enjoyed watching united back in the day but they are terrible now I think giggs and scholes are the only one can turn them around

• @HappyLarry59855 I've held on because if he gets a run in the side I genuinely see him being a £5+ player. He's English, has undoubted talent and plays for the biggest media buzz team in the world.

If he ends up leaving he's only going to go to a handful of teams so he will get plenty of media buzz then as well. The big question though is when is this going to happen?

In his current situation he's not worth his price but he's a potential superstar which is why I'm so loathed to let him go at a loss!

• @bigbradwolf said in World Cup surprises:

The surprises of the World Cup for me will be Egypt (there odds to progress with Uruguay are way too high at 9/2) and I also fancy Peru to go well (not lost since 2016).

I hope Croatia have a good run this time - they have some great players.
    I can see Argentina going home early. Struggled to qualify and I think theres a lot of broken relationships in that squad.

Colombia should go well and as previously stated I reckon they will meet England and knock us out.

I reckon the cream will rise to the top and I can envisage Brazil, France and Germany all making the semi-finals. One of these will win it and Im backing, as I did 4 years ago the Germans to prevail. They have quality, they're organised and they have the experience.

Excellent post!! Belgium on paper look good AGAIN but do they have the right man in charge? Spain look resurgent but not amazing on paper.

Think you're bang with the South American's, Peru and Colombia to progress and Argentina to implode.

My dark horses would be Senegal, a lot of talent in that squad and expect them to be strong defensively spearheaded by Mane.

• Senegal - could have a beast of a World Cup (it will be roger milla time all over again for an African team).

They could get out of the group and deep into ththe tournament...

Diallo, Moussa Wague, Youssouf Sabaly, Kalidou Kalidou, Cheikhou Kouyate, Cheikh Ndoye, Alfred Ndiaye, Konate, Diafra Sakho, Sadio Mane, Diouf, Mbaye Niang, Balde

Mbaye Niang will be the star (yes I own)

• @Agatello I like senagal to but I find African teams with loads of talent play like England with no desire

• Even though I don't hold him I got a feeling dele Ali is going to be the star of the WC I like the team not keen on Southgate but most of the egos are at home so a bit of unity and England can go all the way