Increase/Decrease with no IS

• Okay guys, so I bought Witsel when he IPO’d. He hadn’t had as much of a rise as I thought and so at 71p, going to the WC, not a bad idea. Although he plays in China, if he were to play well and people take notice, I would’ve thought he could move. Plus he’s been in China for a little while now.

Anyway, moving on. His price has decreased and clearly my initial thought wasn’t the best idea it may seem if this is where the market sees his value. So, he’s now down to 64p.

My question is, how has his price decreased if you can’t IS? Surely with the analogy that 100 shares equal 1p, if someone sold 100 then yes his price would decrease by 1p but that’d be because someone bought 100 shares, this meaning no price change because that’d make the price rise by 1p again.
    So, lesson learned but what am I missing?

• @FranklynMary The price decreases as soon as the player gets listed for market sale - so if instant sell is still unavailable for him there must have been about 700 shares put in the sell queue since you bought at 71p. If 100 of those get bought he should rise to 65p and so on ...

• @BL__FI
    Oh that’s interesting, I didn’t know that. So if someone put 100 shares of a player for sale, then canceled, then did it and canceled again, that’d mean the players price would decrease and then increase again by 1p?
    And in that case, does that mean that someone like Salah who has had quite a drop could be a load of people have listed their shares for sale then?

• @FranklynMary That's exactly right!

• @BL__FI
    Awesome, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up! It’d be good to track how much you put a player up for sale (I can’t remember my reserve price) and this buy/sell logbook thing will be a dream when it’s finally in action!

• @FranklynMary You can usually see it happening, players go red-green-red-green with nothing on the ticker as the seller works out how many to add to the sell queue without decreasing the player's price!

• @AT10
    Haha yeah I’ve seen this numerous times!

• @FranklynMary yes and we have seen some of the twitteratti try and use this to cause a panic sell. Last time I noticed it I think they got badly burned as it was morata and he was already low value so I think loads of people started buying and they cancelled in 5 mins.