Kane

• Hello everyone, I signed up to the Footie Index about 2 months ago and think it's fantastic. I've also been reading this forum (also fantastic) during that time and one thing that seems pretty consistent between everyone is the view that Kane will drop significantly after the World Cup...

I assume most people think England will do relatively poorly and probably be knocked out after the group stage, but do people still think he'd drop if say, he scored a few goals against Tunisia/Panama and England got to the Quarter Finals with him grabbing a few more? I don't think that's beyond the realms of possibility even if I am a bit biased!

I also think Real Madrid will buy one of the top strikers in Europe this summer and not many are better than Kane, so potential media attention may also come about after the World Cup too?

Any thoughts/views are welcome!

• @Johar That is what Kane should be doing at the World Cup. Our England team playing against Panama and Tunisia is the equivalent of Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest.
    I don't think England will find it easy enough playing against a team like that though and bottle it.

• Against the lesser teams we should play Kane and Vardy up top together, either in a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2.

Obviously this would be high risk against Germany or Spain, but the likes of Tunisia and Panama will not be able to keep both Kane and Vardy quiet and we’d win in style.

Instead we’ll be treated to the usual slow passing build up, very few chances at goal and a 1-0 win or a 1-1 draw.

• Being a Spurs fan I might be slightly biased but Kane "should" be in the top 3 goalscorers in the PL for the next 3 seasons, I can't see him leaving for Real (a statue outside the new Lane is surely more important ;-) ) so I think he's such a solid bet considering he's also the England captain with the new international competition ensures there's no summer break/2 year gap anymore.

There might a drop but I don't suspect it'll be biblical :-)

• @Agatello I sold Kane for the same price he is now on FI and expect him to drop further. That's my prediction, but after World Cup or when they are knocked out.

• @HappyLarry59855 said in Kane:

@Agatello I sold Kane for the same price he is now on FI and expect him to drop further. That's my prediction, but after World Cup or when they are knocked out

Kane is a bit of a sore subject, bought him a long time about about 5ish... then sold him for 4ish then watched him race away and got back on at 7ish... so he's made up any losses as it stands but should have been much rosier.

• Kane should be valuable during the WC so that is built into his price. Obviously when the WC is over that added value should come off his price which is why people think he will drop. Same applies to a lot of players.