Sudden Price Increase

• I've only just joined a few days ago but one thing I have noticed is that for no apparent reason at all certain players seem to have very large price increases every day. Today Douglas Costa jumped up quite a decent amount for seemingly no reason and several other players have done so over the week. It's seems to happen even when no news has broken or anything. There just seems to be a sudden surge of people buying these players. I was just wondering if anyone could explain this to me?

• @NewUser85804 its very easy to explain. More and more people every day are using and join FI so player prices increase. I m pretty sure that the prices in the future will be much higher (my opinion).

• Do we really know how many people are joining?

There is another thread where FI have refused to disclose the number of users.

• @ACBlue based on the facebook likes and twitter followers i think only 10.000-20.000 people are using FI at the moment. Cause its still very young and a start up. In my opinion in 5 years 100.000-200.000 could use FI. It has really the potential to become something really big. I believe in FI.

• @ACBlue

Maybe it's a bit too obvious but does the number after our username determine what what user number we are? So the guy who has just recently joined has been given 85804. So can we assume there's around 86,000 users?

• @NewUser38991 @NewUser999 interesting logic from you both. Might be a fair assumption to assume somewhere in between the two. I, for example, don't use Facebook or twitter and therefore wont be included on the likes/followers although accept I'm probably minority nowadays. With respect of user name numbers that sort of makes sense but wouldn't account for inactive users.

Still don't really understand why FI wont say to be honest.

Agree growth is very likely; I just hope FI don't change pricing logic as the earlier members could see a big win just by holding futures. Here is hoping.

Do you know many users of FI out of interest? I've been telling people about it but not know of anyone signing up yet.

• @ACBlue said in Sudden Price Increase:

@NewUser38991 @NewUser999 interesting logic from you both. Might be a fair assumption to assume somewhere in between the two. I, for example, don't use Facebook or twitter and therefore wont be included on the likes/followers although accept I'm probably minority nowadays. With respect of user name numbers that sort of makes sense but wouldn't account for inactive users.

Still don't really understand why FI wont say to be honest.

Agree growth is very likely; I just hope FI don't change pricing logic as the earlier members could see a big win just by holding futures. Here is hoping.

Do you know many users of FI out of interest? I've been telling people about it but not know of anyone signing up yet.

FI need to change the '3 year rule' - I bought Pogba as my first purchase last summer, I have no interest in selling but if i don't I'll lose him in 2019. Annoying.
    I know one or two people doing it. We sometimes discuss, but end up disagreeing over which players to buy and sell so it's fairly pointless.

• 100% agree the 3 year rule needs to be scrapped. I'm going to start a new thread.

• @CleanShirtTrader I think i know why they have implemented this rule: They want to avoid that everyone holds there players for more than 3 years, and does not sell and / or buy any player. I can fully understand that FI implemented this rule. Because its a company and so they have to earn money to cover their costs. And they only earn money if someone sell and buy players (because of comission). But i have another proposal for FI: They could implement a holding fee (of for example 0,5 % p.a.) for holding players more than 3 years.

• @CleanShirtTrader Do you know if there is a notification involved when it comes to the 3 year period? For instance, is there a 3 month warning before the end or does the player just drop off of your portfolio?

• @NewUser81507

Good question.

I'm not sure but don't believe there is. I'm not a huge fan of the transaction history on FI so track my trades elsewhere.

• Agree abolish the 3 year rule.

• @NewUser81507 No idea mate- unlikely, it's probably there to make FI money. Almost like relegation- there's no warning unless you check the index.

• @CleanShirtTrader

The eight week promotion safety rule is similar isn't it? In that no date shows when their exemption from relegation ends.

• completely agree about the three year rule - perhaps Football Index could take an enhanced commission on flips after 3 years, then everyone would be happy.

• @CleanShirtTrader but you could have sold him at the end of the season and bought more when he had dropped.

• FI need commission to make their money and pay for dividends so its unlikely to go anywhere.

I wouldn't worry about it - holding any player for 3 years is unlikely to be optimal strategy anyway as moving gets shifted around at different points of the year.

• @NewUser53468 I could have... but i didn't?

• @NewUser38991 More people are buyin him than selling him so his price increases even if he has no media or high performances

• Does anyone know additional information on the possibly of penny stocks? When are FI looking to release them?

Looking forward to this addition to this platform, interested to see how it will all come together!

• @NewUser38991

Good idea

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.