Bale

• What’s happening ? Prices dropping like fly

• Zidane has resigned, which people assume makes Bale less likely to leave for the Prem

• Lol thats insane . Bales price crashing down based on zidane departure . Crazy and volatile market at the moment

• @FOF Not really insane, his main issue seemed to be not getting enough game time - very possible that could change under a new manager. Don't blame people trying to exit their position at the top.

• @BL__FI said in Bale:

@FOF Not really insane, his main issue seemed to be not getting enough game time - very possible that could change under a new manager. Don't blame people trying to exit their position at the top.

I understand what you saying about investors taking out the profit . I feel sorry for the ones that brought in at the high prices .

• @FOF said in Bale:

@BL__FI said in Bale:

@FOF Not really insane, his main issue seemed to be not getting enough game time - very possible that could change under a new manager. Don't blame people trying to exit their position at the top.

I understand what you saying about investors taking out the profit . I feel sorry for the ones that brought in at the high prices .

@FOF said in Bale:

@BL__FI said in Bale:

Rubbing's Racing Baby! ;-)

That's why they call it the silly season and why even some of the experienced traders choose to stay away from such volatility - however get it right and kaching! :-)

• Insane circa £2.50 price rise in the last few days (at one point Bale touched £8), now dropping back to roughly his original price.

I just hope that some of those selling up are going to reinvest in players that I own!

How low would Bale have to go before you were tempted to buy back in?

• Yep I had a few bad deals last summer so am keeping away from transfers in the whole. Certainly avoiding players who have risen sharply already.

Need to be on the ball and ready to react immediately. Too risky for me when I cant really spend too long on the index in work.

• @FOF That's why I don't hold him. I only hold Pogba and Neymar out of top 10.

• Well I was one of them people unfortunate enough to buy him last night... but I'll keep him of him with hopes that the new manager will make him a regular.

• @NewUser136719 He was at £8 and now he's at £5.83, which is close to where he was before the CL Final and his 2 goals. I don't see him going back up mate.

• Is there actually anything to suggest he's now staying? It's possible a new manager would want to cash in on him and if not he's going to be playing regular football at least now? I can't see him getting back up to £8 of course but I can see him winning plenty MB and PB over a 3 year period. My advice would be if you're still holding keep him for the long term, and yes I do also hold him!

• @HappyLarry59855 said in Bale:

@NewUser136719 He was at £8 and now he's at £5.83, which is close to where he was before the CL Final and his 2 goals. I don't see him going back up mate.

Maybe bale won’t go up to £8 , bale should return some Mb . Over the summer he will continue to be linked with move away . The new Real Madrid manager may want to build a team around him or sell him .

• @HappyLarry59855 To be fair, he hadn't scored one of the great goals before the final - his place in the football world has gotta be on the up

• @pwp24 Obviously not if his price is sliding down. I'll let you guys tell yourselves different until he goes down even further.

• @HappyLarry59855 my view of Gareth Bale is shaped more by the Champions League final and his overall game, than one days FI price movement!

• @pwp24 Good for you. I've played this game long enough to know that most people who held him at £8 wish they had cashed out on him then than be holding him now though.

• I brought in bale at 5.79
    Why is this a risk ?

• @FOF Well firstly because every trade is a risk, but specifically in Bale's case it's because his value was less than 5.79 before Saturday. On Saturday he scored two huge goals and gave an interview suggesting he might want to leave in order to play more regularly - his price then rose a lot because those things (especially the potential transfer) increased his likelihood to win lots of media buzz dividends over the summer. The goals are already old news, and Zidane leaving theoretically increases his chances of game time and reduces the chances of him trying to force a move, thus reducing his likelihood of MB and therefore his value.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have bought at that price and without doubt there is still a chance he reaffirms his desire to move, expresses a wish to play for Man U and his price rockets again. Or the new manager comes in and says he doesn't want him but thinks he would look good in red. Those are the upsides you have bought into. But on the other hand Bale may come out and say he's now happy to fight for his place. Last season when he only had PB value to offer and was competing with Ronaldo to win it, he cost under £4 - that's the risk.

• @HappyLarry59855 that's cos the price is lower