The mysterious case of Ali Maaloul and Tunisia in general.

• First of all can I say I'm not suggesting anyone go out and spank your spare cash on Tunisian hopefuls but today's IPO pricing does offer a bit of potential for the astute speculator. Especially if you look at Moses Simon this morning, didn't even make the cut for Nigeria and Liverpool come sniffing - BOOM.

So let me draw your attention to a Left Back called Ali Maaloul, WHO? yeah exactly. Under the microscope we can see some January Xfer window interest from Swansea and Palace when they were scrapping for survival, I agree no big deal. Looking a bit closer on Wikipedia I noticed 0 goals for Tunisia but then had to double take at his goal record for some sub standard team I've never heard of 53 goals in 143 games, for a defender! He smashed some goal scoring record for a defender by a mile.

Of course 0 goals for his country show's the step-up in class but it's still impressive nonetheless for a 30p player who could move to the PL.

Then we have Tunisia themselves, surprisingly the highest ranked African nation way above the impressive squads of Morocco and Senegal. They've quietly gone about disposing of Egypt, Iran and Costa Rica before drawing against Portugal and Turkey.

The key thing for me is that not only will they be in the shop window during England's first game (where we certainly won't have it easy) but they'll also be playing against the "probable" tournament whipping boys in Panama, so 20/30p strikers could fill their boots and give a nice ROI in dividends on that day.

I doubt any of their players will race out of the blocks today if anyone's searching for a quick flip but it's definitely food for thought