Lanzini

• With the Lanzini injury who is most likely to benefit?

• Was just wondering this. Wonder if it means Icardi joins the squad, or more likely a midfielder ?

• Pavon will be more definite of a starting place. Already works well with Messi.

Interesting long term prospect too- Arsenal are rumoured, but more will be in if he performs as well as expected.

And yes, I've just topped up. But with good reason ;)

• My understanding is that pavon is a winger.

Lanzini was more of a central attacking midfielder.

When the final 23 were announced, a 53p player caught my eye. I did my research and it turns out he's a bit of a player.

Maxi Meza

He currently plays with independiente in Argentina, is 25 and has European transfer rumours.

He started in the most recent game against Spain. Admittedly, they got pumped, but he was a 'shining light' apparently.

0_1528458946844_Screenshot_2018-06-06-01-22-17.png

• @johnboywalker 100% mate, I done the same thing. He has gone somewhat under the radar but has every chance of starting. Saw him in that Spain game and he strolled it. A potential World Cup Winner at under 60p is like printing money. All aboard the Meza Train....

• Out of interest, how does MB work in an instance like Lanzini's?

Started the day in the top 200 so eligible for MB. If he picked up enough MB points to finish in the top three, but the resulting price drop left him outside of the top 200, would dividends be paid out since when the MB scores were finalised, he should no longer be eligible?

I don't own any, just curious as to whether MB points gained while in the top 200 would still count, if all would count, or if none would count.

• Ever Banega for me!

• @Rhymenoceros

Good point mate. I'm unsure if it's happened before. Some of the veterans might be able to provide a definitive answer, but I would expect that if he drops out of the top 200 at midnight, then he should still be eligible for the previous days MB bonus.

You would definitely have grounds to argue with FI about it. I'd expect they would pay out after an email or two. They like to keep us punters happy, and they understand the system still has many flaws.

• @johnboywalker yeah, can't imagine it's a particularly common scenario! Just made me think, as he's already out of the top 200 looking at his current price.

I'd presume any MB points awarded while in the top 200 would be valid, and the player would just stop accruing MB points for any articles after they dropped out.

Might be one of those weird edge cases where there isn't an official stance on it

• @New-User-007007

Sweet ...

Good to see the 'football experts' are in agreement with me regarding Meza. I saw one nutmeg and fell in love.

He seems to be flying under the radar, and I can't believe his price. One good game at the world cup and his price will go rocket.

• @Rhymenoceros said in Lanzini:

@johnboywalker yeah, can't imagine it's a particularly common scenario! Just made me think, as he's already out of the top 200 looking at his current price.

I'd presume any MB points awarded while in the top 200 would be valid, and the player would just stop accruing MB points for any articles after they dropped out.

Might be one of those weird edge cases where there isn't an official stance on it

I've never seen it happen but I can say with 99.999% certainly that Lanzini was eligible for dividends tonight. He was Top 200 today (Friday) therefore eligible. His closing price is irrelevant just means he isn't eligible tomorrow (Saturday)