National TV Advertising

• @Safri15 said in National TV Advertising:

@NewUser38991
    How about if I don't use twitter though? I've stubbornly never been a twitter user and don't really want to start.
    FI should be self sufficient, not rely on other platforms for anything (and I include things like having to use edge or noirx for historical data in that statement lol)

I disagree it should be self sufficient.
    Comparing it to a trading platform, you would do your research elsewhere and look at al avenues possible to make money, not just whatever you use to trade.

In an ideal world, yes it would be completely self sufficient but I don't think it 'should' be. I gave up with twitter personally years ago, however I have made an account just based on FI and to share all things football - Transfers and fantasy football etc. It has helped no end with keeping up to date with transfer stories etc. And yes I agree we shouldn't HAVE to go on twitter to find out about the marketing deal, but then again we don't HAVE to be told about the deal anyway. We know there is a deal, we all discuss it and will forward it on. Plus they do show on their platform their own latest tweets anyway. In addition, any news we do need to know, we get emails and information is put up (sweepstake etc).
    Like on fantasy football, you can view past scores. To get that through the platform would be nice but you can't complain with @Noirx4's £1 service.
    I can make more money being on Twitter so I joined it again. If you don't feel you need it then crack on :)

• @FranklynMary

There is a Football Index News website you know?

It’s embarrassing that they can’t even report their own news on their own website.

• @Safri15 By not using twitter
    you are just giving yourself a disadvantage. You are not just being stubborn but doing yourself out of profitable opportunities

• @FranklynMary England have had a group game. Where was the advert?

• @HappyLarry59855
    Beats me, I was thinking the exact same thing. If only you could ask Adam Cole, the person who said it on Twitter, instead of me 🤔🙄

• This post is deleted!

• The game was on BBC, so no adverts.

• @Angie-A I'm glad you said it. 😂I'm sure we'll see one on Sun, if not then questions will be asked. But I'm positive we'll see it. They are good for there word.

• @Angie-A
    There are adverts before games on BBC so that makes no difference. Yes not in-between games like ITV though. Plus you do realise @NewUser123670 the England game is also on BBC on Sunday? I assumed when they said it was before all England group games that they'd be on ITV as that's where all England games are played. Plus ITV show more betting related adverts, don't see them on the BBC. Hopefully we'll all see one soon though!

• @FranklynMary There are no adverts on the BBC, only trailers for their own programmes.

• @BL__FI
    Yeah, advertising their programmes. It's still an advert. No not things like FI etc. I'm just surprised they said all England group games when two of them are on BBC. Everyone shooting the messenger. I'm just saying what Adam Cole said. So I was wondering why I hadn't seen any because as well as that, there were meant to be others. Maybe there will be more in the knockout stages as more people watching?

• @FranklynMary Sorry wasn't having a go, just clarifying. It's a good point you make.
    Just dug up the original tweet and he said: "We’ll be running our TV ad on ITV during 10 games, including all the live England games, for people watching on a connected devices which is a real coup for us…."

So in hindsight you can see he meant all the England games shown live on ITV, but I agree it was a bit of misleading wording.

• @BL__FI
    Ah yes that would make sense. I just read it as all England games haha. At least that's a bit clearer for us. Those 10 games though, I'm guessing maybe knockout games? I haven't seen any on ITV yet. By that tweet though, we should see it at least against Belgium

• @Safri15 said in National TV Advertising:

@NewUser38991
    How about if I don't use twitter though? I've stubbornly never been a twitter user and don't really want to start.
    FI should be self sufficient, not rely on other platforms for anything (and I include things like having to use edge or noirx for historical data in that statement lol)

As has been stated before, the stubbornness will only cost yourself, I wouldn't put a bet on a horse without looking at the form on the racing post, why would this gambling platform be any different?

• @FranklynMary I assumed Sunday's game would be on itv, my bad. 🙈. Always kinda had it in my head that the adverts would be on itv. Didn't even consider bbc. But yeah your right I guess.

• @Wolves_Ay_We said in National TV Advertising:

@Safri15 said in National TV Advertising:

@NewUser38991

As has been stated before, the stubbornness will only cost yourself, I wouldn't put a bet on a horse without looking at the form on the racing post, why would this gambling platform be any different?

If you are putting money into something, its pretty essential you keep as up to date as possible. Twitter is a free easy to use resource with the majority of the FI community. You woukd have to be seriously nuts to avoid it.

• @mike778 My portfolio has returned 900% since I started and haven't used Twitter once. I agree it can be a great tool but don't think it's essential.

• @Denny When did you start? Likewise I also haven't used twitter.

• Late 2015. Granted I got in quite early. The 999th user if the user IDs on these forums are anything to go by.

• @Denny I think they are. I'm hoping to have 900% profit in 2 1/2 years too, in my dreams.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.