Ipo risks vs rewards

• So the decrease charts at literally full of the previous days ipos weah down coric down dalot down rodrygo down ....ipo is a dangerous game that only very few profit from ....be warey😊

• I only went to buy 1 and he ended up to expensive anyway I found a few good ones that are better value long terms where I can get 3 to the price of 1 of rodrygo so I'm going that way at least the guys I picked are playing 1st team football and have better growth potential

• @Mazza-magic crazy I wanted rodrygo but not at that price he's signed for Madrid (40m) but is only 17 and can't join for another year!!! Summer 2019..... So its at least a minimum of year with no hope of any divs £2:20 no ta.

• Weah is my last ever IPO purchase never again lol.

I sold at a loss, put money elsewhere and that player is recouping my loss.

I'm now trying to sell other in profit players yo get Weah back as I see him as a must have.

• @Comrade said in Ipo risks vs rewards:

Weah is my last ever IPO purchase never again lol.

I sold at a loss, put money elsewhere and that player is recouping my loss.

I'm now trying to sell other in profit players yo get Weah back as I see him as a must have.

'A must have'

Yet, you sold him.

You realise it's not George? I think he hung up his boots a while back ...

The IPO process is a joke, and completely unfair on the majority of users. I can't stress enough that users should avoid it. I think almost everybody has been burned by it at some point.

And its usually the newbies that suffer the most.

• @Pat-Hiscock there's other good players between 60/80p that offer more than him to sit on for a year till rodrygo goes down to£1.80 ish as you say it's dead money for a year a £1 ish is as much I'm prepared to spend to do nothing for a year personally but I got my eye on a couple of crackers for around 70p for next season

• Ignore IPO fuss.
    Unless you're looking to flip, where you need to pay close attention, buy them for what they're worth or less.

e.g. If I think Rodrygo will eventually run the world (girls), and reach >£5, then I don't care if I buy at £1.50 and he tanks to £0.75 because everyone has dumped him.
    I'll just fucking top up.

Keep your own strategies in mind before panicking. Stick with them, and you'll be a lot calmer.

• @CleanShirtTrader - I am hoping Rodrygo goes down or stagnates for a year or so, as I personally dont have a huge amount to invest in FI right now and instead I am drip feeding money in (also giving myself time to learn the ropes here). While the price drifts I can top up like you and hopefully build a decent holding ready for when he hopefully really takes off (fingers crossed).

Personally I don't have enough experience here yet and I have never been great at short term trading anyway, always been better at long term investing and spotting future gems. I looked at joining FI a year ago but the set up never suited my style so I passed, now since the addition of all the new squad players and IPO's there is definitely more of an investment feel to the platform now.

• @Pat-Hiscock
    Agreed, in most cases is better to buy IPO players 3-4 days after they launched and their price has settled, let the flippers flip and only buy after the storm has calmed IF the price is right

• @johnboywalker

Sold him and out money into Griezzman who has shot up.

Sold other in profit players and bought Weah back who is now 3p up

Decision has proved to be a good one.

Fact remains I've learned a lesson now about IPO and that is stay away

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.