World Cup players. Good question🤔

• At the end of world Cup what will happen to the players that play in lower leagues. There obviously sought after now as they can win divedend, but come end of tournament surely they are worthless. Will people jump ship on most of them and pump money back into players in top five European leagues?

• Good question, you would expect that to happen but never know really

• Depends on whether there is a likely move to a pb league and or whether or not they will be in europe.

You would assume most of the others will be dumped. Probably at a loss in most cases.

• @NewUser123670

Unless they get a move to a pb league ... they are going to be dead money till the next transfer window.

This is the reason they increased the spread on the penny shares, so that users don't just buy up the cheapies and then instant sell if they turn out to be useless.

There are a lot of players just now with inflated values due to the world cup, that don't even play in pb eligible leagues. Lozano and Ziyech being the most obvious examples.

• @NewUser123670

From a selfish point of view, I hope so!

Lots of the big names at the top of the index have been relatively flat for a while now, possibly because people have been directing money into the World Cup IPOs. But unless the WC players play in a top five league or have transfer speculation on the horizon, i’m not sure what value they hold post WC. Presumably nothing.

• My portfolio normally grows at a steady rate. I've noticed if anything it's gone backwards. But it's not built around the world Cup. And with all the money that's come into the index I can only imagine most of it being pulled out and pumped back into what I would call normal players. I have a sneaky feeling it will be like Christmas coming early. 😄

• @johnboywalker id have to disgree on Lozano and ziyech simply because they are bound to move to a PB league after the world cup. Not saying they are worth their current values but certainly not worthless.

• Yes think you have to look on a player by player basis really. Someone like Lozano looks worth holding as a move to PL or another eligible league is likely. Others who have been bought solely for the WC will probably plummet

• @Stevo

I didn't describe Lozano and ziyech as worthless. Simply that their current prices are inflated.

To illustrate my point,

Lozano - 2.90
    Icardi - 2.80
    Suarez - 2.56
    Costa - 2.53

He is currently priced higher than proven goalscorers, playing in pb eligible leagues.

Unless Lozano signs for Man Utd or Liverpool, then he won't be challenging for media buzz during the season.

• @johnboywalker
    Good point but Lozano still has some advantages over those players as he's younger and has the potential of a big move and getting some MB during transfer

• @ocs123 @NewUser123670 I think the recent drops might have something to do with people freeing up £1400 to enter the sweepstakes. We should (hopefully) see a rise as the groups stages come to an end. £100 a day for 14 days is a lot for some people to spend. My guess would be most is coming from current portfolios and not new investment.

• You don’t need to free up £1400. £100 is enough if you keep trades short term

• @LG said in World Cup players. Good question🤔:

You don’t need to free up £1400. £100 is enough if you keep trades short term

What about the 2% commission?

£28 will be eaten up if you trade the £100 in and out 14 times

• Well for me it seems to be a very different market with World Cup on. Its moving up and down very quick. Hoping after this it stabilises and my players steadily rise again.

• @Ozzlebert said in World Cup players. Good question🤔:

@ocs123 @NewUser123670 I think the recent drops might have something to do with people freeing up £1400 to enter the sweepstakes. We should (hopefully) see a rise as the groups stages come to an end. £100 a day for 14 days is a lot for some people to spend. My guess would be most is coming from current portfolios and not new investment.

I think your spot on with that comment mate. The growth seems to have slowed over the past few days ... I think most folk are trying to free up cash, in order to enter the sweepstakes. Probably explains the drops in messi, neymar, bale, salah.

I expect things to go back to normal on the 25th.

• I suspect that the constant stream of cheap IPOs has played its part in unsettling the middle to top part of the market.

Hopefully the build up to the new season (after the World Cup) will not be plagued with yet more IPOs. If so, I think i’ll probably pull my investment out of the index soon after.

• WC has made market very volatile.

I'm worried that it scares off new players.
    I've been on since March so I'm still new but learning and I've got burned a couple of times but no more lol.

Luckily managed to make good money on Isco Pavard and Cuadrado to make up for some blunders

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.