Raheem Sterling

• With his value plummeting around the World Cup, is anyone still holding with next season in mind?

• Lol^

0_1553301109212_upload-9c2653aa-bf4e-46ed-a4ab-4741b731b12b

Should Prince Marcus Rashford be worried? What's Raheem's ceiling? Is there a ceiling?

• @LuaLua was just about to get a bit rude, had to sit back and work out what the hell he meant, 9 months old 🤣🤣🤣 ffs LuaLua don't do that shit to me 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Hahah I thought the official thread would be packed. Just the one comment. @NewUser149705 must be kicking himself now ahah.

• He should be at the top of the index soon or near it, why not?, why should mbappe be more money, sterling is delivering Mb and pb and I don’t see it stopping entering his peak at 24 imo.

• @Tom77 Yep I agree
    I think it's 'Sterling' next few days
    just as its been Sancho last few

• looking at him like last week about £9 thinking nah he wont go much higher i'll not get on, what a dick i am

• I made him one of my largest holds back in Jan when he started shooting up due to the racism story - though I was too late to benefit from that. But immediately he went down and I was in the red for ages, and earned no diva. I didn't sell any, and absolutely loving it now.

Another case study that being patient and not panicking brings rewards in this game.

Now, over to you Mo.

• @Friedeggs 0_1553331406637_upload-b0ec13a1-bafc-4e6a-8062-a788a4609265
    I don't think it's quite over for sancho. He's gotta bit of juice left.

• @nicky540 said in Raheem Sterling:

looking at him like last week about £9 thinking nah he wont go much higher i'll not get on, what a dick i am

I'm surprised it's taken this long to be honest - he possesses all the fundamentals that drive the prices ridiculously high ... He's young, English and plays for the national team.
    The main difference though is that Sterling is PROVEN! He gets MB, he's got a few PB and he's still in contention to win the quadruple AND player of the season!

I am not a big fan of him but I'm surprised he's not in the top 6. I'm sure he will be soon though, come the SS

• Up until yesterday, Hudson-Odoi was more expensive than Sterling. Not doubting Hudson-Odoi is a very good young player but if he ends up as good as Sterling then he's done extremely well in his career.

The only thing Sterling has got going against him from an FI point of view is that he's the ripe old age of 24.

• @Yellow said in Raheem Sterling:

Up until yesterday, Hudson-Odoi was more expensive than Sterling. Not doubting Hudson-Odoi is a very good young player but if he ends up as good as Sterling then he's done extremely well in his career.

The only thing Sterling has got going against him from an FI point of view is that he's the ripe old age of 24.

That's my point in a nutshell - people are lumping into CHO presumably because he's young (Sterling? check) English (Sterling? Check) and plays for the national team (Sterling? Check) and for potential dividends. There is no "potential" about Sterling...its "actual"! He is hugely undervalued and only after a couple of recent hat-tricks are people finally waking up to him. Whereas CHO is purely sheep mentality (not everyone of course but does he warrant being in the top *10????? Ludicrous)

*Sterling has rightly surpassed CHO into 10th now of course

• Yeah even at £11.50 he looks good value with SS next week. A good run of city games and a Summer full of MB with his England antics. Best hold out there right now I think

• @NewUser277689 said in Raheem Sterling:

Yeah even at £11.50 he looks good value with SS next week. A good run of city games and a Summer full of MB with his England antics. Best hold out there right now I think

I agree - I got in at £8.51, not long after the racism incident, and when he gradually dropped to around £7.85ish I considered listing him.
    But I just repeated to myself why I bought him...the fundamentals...young, English, international, still in all competition, earning MB divs.
    I then topped up a few 😊

• I’ve topped up, it’s a no brainer now after thinking about it, he is getting better and is up there with the elite and is going to be in the news a lot I feel.
    It’s funny I was quite happy to buy sancho at £12.40 but have been debating all morning whether to top up on sterling at £11.55.

• Drawing toward end of season and a summer of nations league etc I think you England starters are the premium. I think sterling, Ali, CHO, sancho, Kane and Rashford will all have a popular summer fighting it out for media divs. Alli coming back from injury looks very cheap now, all he needs is a couple goals and he will pick up attention

• I wouldn't be surprised if Real Madrid start to make more concrete efforts to sign him over the next 18 months, regardless of whether Man city need to sell or not.

If Man city fail to win a CL in the next couple of years he may become restless and more open to a move to one of the established big Euro clubs.

Of course if Man city do win a CL his price will rise anyway - but i feel that his price is slightly hamstrung by the Man City factor - not to the same levels as the other Man city players as he appears to be the first name on Peps team sheet - but if he was performing to the same level at a more "fashionable" club (in FI terms.) he would probably be around £16 or 17 by now.

Either way i don't see a downside and is probably one of the safer long term holds with plenty of room for growth on the index.

• By the way, respect to @LuaLua for digging up a NINE MONTH OLD THREAD WITH NO REPLIES instead of lazily just starting a new one 😆. Respect due sir, respect due 👏🏻

• Ok, balls on the table.... I'm going to say Sterling will easily be £12 before England kick off again next week 💪

• If he's not he will be after these two games. Oh boy!

0_1553334924667_upload-1125c627-4037-46e8-b70c-dd469871f46f

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.