Trackers

• Hi All,

Just looking around before I dip my toe in to FI.

What are people's thoughts on the Trackers - are they worth starting off with or should you limit how much of your starting bank should be spent on the most expensive players?

Thanks in advance

• I'm only on a very quick break at work so can't hunt it down for you, but there was a really good thread on trackers not too long ago on the forum. Might be worth a scroll through to find it.

Sorry that's a really unhelpful reply lol

• @NewUser153941 It's actually a bit of a misnomer. Tracker suggests it tracks something which it doesn't. You just simply buy 1 share each in Top 10, 25, etc. I would steer clear of them.

• It all depends on how much time you have to invest in the index, if you want to buy something and forget about it, a tracker is a pretty low risk hold

Away from this, there are probably a number of players within the tracker which don't represent great value

If you are prepared to do a bit more research and can tolerate a bit more risk then you can pick up good value players a lot further down the price list

Personally, my portfolio is made up of 50 shares each in Salah, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, they tick along nicely bringing in a steady stream of dividends

The rest of my portfolio is made up of sub £2 players which posted historically decent PB scores in the hope that they either pick up the odd dividend or their price increases sufficiently for me to cash in

• Personally there's no point in it in my opinion. As @Blue-Python said, it's literally just buying 1 Neymar, 1 Messi, 1 Kane etc. You are better off going through the top 10, top 25 etc and picking which ones you want.