Thoughts on var?

• What do people think? Am liking it and am all for them getting right decision and seem to be doing ok considering still newish tech. This won't be in Prem next season but I would imagine for 19/20 season we will see it and this could have quite an affect on fi with the amount of pens given expected to surge so ud expect penalty takers in all/most teams set to rise?

• I’m a massive fan. The only decision that was blatantly wrong was giving Iran that penalty against Portugal; otherwise it’s definitely helped get the right call in most instances.

But I don’t think it will end up in more penalties in the long run. That’s just a quirk as the new system beds in. I think defending teams will start to adjust tactics, and they will have to stop wrestling when they’re defending against set pieces.

• @playingcards1 it seems like there's been a pen in almost every game and the Prem is so much quicker I honestly think it will go up considerably 5-10 pens per team per season extra...I do agree the daft shit will not last wrestling/tugging etc...

• I think there'll definitely be more penalties as so many aren't given due to the ref's not having a good enough view at the time. At the same time there will be some that are overturned but expect more over less.

Think we all agree that grappling will have to stop and that "should" then result in more headed goals from set-pieces so back the beasts! ;-)

• Like it. Adds something to the game I think.

• Could finally be a chance for goalies to grab some PB with a pen save and CS. Still not enough of an incentive for me to invest in any though

• @Indexical also could be used to clamp down on diving. That would be a significant improvement in football

• In favour of VAR. But the ref needs to issue a yellow everytime ppl rush him singing “big foot” “little foot” “cardboard box”

• FIFA implemented it well. Except for a couple of dubious ref decisions it's been really positive

• @NewUser64862 i think the best way to deal with this would be to impliment a cricket style review system where each team recieves 2 review demands each when they want it and only the captain can trigger it, at least the players would have to apeal to their captain instead then.

• need to try and make decisions a bit faster

• @Gasdean said in Thoughts on var?:

@NewUser64862 i think the best way to deal with this would be to impliment a cricket style review system where each team recieves 2 review demands each when they want it and only the captain can trigger it, at least the players would have to apeal to their captain instead then.

Only if there is a penalty to losing a review (I like the idea of losing a sub) .Otherwise late in the game teams will review everything to use them up.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.