Is it Neymar time?

• He's dropped loads lately. Treble MB today, good chance of PB over rest of WC, 3 weeks of treble MB with all his transfer sagas and new haircuts etc. Then another season dominating PB at PSG or a big MB move...is it Neymar time ?

• @Indexical he needs to average 6p a week solid with no fail to return 20ish% at current price....I think 20% is a poor return and he may struggle to even return that so i wouldn't be expecting his price to rise a lot...I think people are starting to realise a lot more than 20% available elsewhere imo.

• Not sure that your maths is particularly reliable.

Neymar has averaged 8p per week in June (not including any likely MB win today), which equates to £4.16 per annum or 32% per annum. Plus he isn't actually playing that well at the moment.

There isn't anyone else on the Index who will virtually guarantee a 30%+ per annum return from dividends for the next 3 years.

Ronaldo and Messi (who I both hold) are ageing and it remains to be seen whether Salah (who I hold) can reproduce last season's form again next season. Kane's (who I hold) dividend return is lower generally. No one else consistently guarantees dividends.

Of course 30% can be bettered quite easily by buying cheap players (if they balloon in price), but those who brag about doing that never tell the whole truth - i.e. for every cheap player who's returned a 75%+ increase in future price in a few weeks, their portfolio is littered with dozens of other cheap players who have stagnated in price and are going nowhere. Net result is certainly not 75% growth across the whole portfolio, even with hours spent on twitter trying to pump and dump.

• @ocs123 .....6p x 52weeks=312 x 4 =£12.48 so at 6p he'd return 25% I did say 20ish...

• @ocs123 am not a bitter man I hope he makes u all 40% it's just my opinion in the next12 months he will not make 25%roi .....and I stand by the statement his price won't rise a lot.....

• If neymar moves to Madrid his price will be at 14-15 he will relish

• @Don-keyballs I didn't think his price would rise a lot when he got to £7, £8, £9, £10 and so on so I eventually decided to buy some. Not saying he will rise a lot more but you never know with neymar. If he wins performance buzz first game of the season for PSG he could rocket again. He is expensive but he been out for months and not even playing that well for Brazil and he's still won some PB and MB during the WC.

• @Stevo I predicted £12 3 months ago when at 9.95 in this forum, hes slightly surpassed that...am not neymar bashing lads like u say he is a steady consistent return all I am saying is imo that isn't going to be 25-30% anymore....

• @ocs123
    Well said, this season he returned a total of £2.57 and the WC is nowhere near the end
    Considering he missed half of the season and PSG did not progress much in the CL he should return even more next year
    A 25-30% kind of guaranteed returns is bloody great in my opinion and even if his price won’t appreciate much that’s still 25-30%!
    I agree more can be made elsewhere but only IF the right players at the right time are purchased which is not that easy
    Neymar is 15% of my portfolio and I just ignore price fluctuations as he is there to return regular divis
    I sold Ronaldo due to age (maybe 3 weeks too early?) and keeping Messi as still only 31, sold a Salah as not sure he will repeat his fantastic season and have a few Kane as I see him a risky investment with a huge drop in him
    Neymar is the closest thing you’ll find with the relative security of a 25-30% returns which I would sign for any day of the week!
    Just my 10 pence

• @Ermejo is that how much he's returned this season? Do u know what the split is ie how much was mb and how much pb?

• @Don-keyballs

Last season (i.e. not including WC) Neymar accrued £1.56 of MB and 69p of PB

And of course his injury in February meant a third of a season with no chance of PB and by lying low in Brazil he also dropped off the MB radar

I'd add that if there is as AC and others at FI Towers have hinted a share split after the WC and before the PB leagues re-start then last time there was a share split it was the most expensive players who rose the most compared to the others

• @Dave-C av never took much notice of share split talk always though was just people theorising is it that close to happening? My thinking is neymar has more competition for mb next season with the rise of salah and a few others with this year's big transfers so I think his mb yield will drop a little......ad still expect him to return between 15-20%....and i say again its just an opinion😊

• @Don-keyballs

Share Split - Who knows?! But at the most recent trader meet Adam Cole said it was being considered whereas for comparison he said a change to the PB metric is very unlikely. So don't bank on it but it could happen

MB/PB Hybrid ROI - I think your 15-20% estimate could be conservative for next season assuming no major injury again. And FWIW I think Salah will struggle to repeat last year's heroics (or if he does then he will deserve to be ranked with Neymar/Messi/Ronaldo)

Btw forums are all about opinions :-)

• @Dave-C the way Liverpool play he could do well again but not at that level, that's what sets messi and Ronny apart from the rest ....there level of consistently is rivaled by no one probably ever....

• I have put my thoughts on the ridiculously inflated price of Neymar pre-world cup on this board and his price performance since only substantiates my view there is no substance to the enormous gap (was £4+ !!!) to the next highest priced players....it is extremely dangerous and potentially financial suicide to think previous performance "guarantee's" future divi's.......

• this is a good time to buy more! he's a guaranteed div machine

• Personally havnt got any Neymar but with links to a saved dressing room locker, his age, his buzz, his price tag, “imo” he will grow along with the whole of FI (with the new user counts after advertising spreads)

I previously wrote in 3-5 years I wouldn’t be shocked to see the current top player hitting £20 with the close behinds around £15. Just my opinion.

• @TheFearlessFox said in Is it Neymar time?:

I have put my thoughts on the ridiculously inflated price of Neymar pre-world cup on this board and his price performance since only substantiates my view there is no substance to the enormous gap (was £4+ !!!) to the next highest priced players....it is extremely dangerous and potentially financial suicide to think previous performance "guarantee's" future divi's.......

No guarantees of course. I'm sure no one has forgotten Neymar has only just come back from 4 months out injured

Otherwise the hysterical tone of your post is very odd. Would you accept that past performance is a good indication of future performance? If not please share the basis of your investment strategy....

• @Don-keyballs you said 20%ish and that wouldn't be good enough for you? That's crazy, I'd take 20% on everyone if I could. That's a great return.

• @Dave-C said in Is it Neymar time?:

@TheFearlessFox said in Is it Neymar time?:

I have put my thoughts on the ridiculously inflated price of Neymar pre-world cup on this board and his price performance since only substantiates my view there is no substance to the enormous gap (was £4+ !!!) to the next highest priced players....it is extremely dangerous and potentially financial suicide to think previous performance "guarantee's" future divi's.......

No guarantees of course. I'm sure no one has forgotten Neymar has only just come back from 4 months out injured

Otherwise the hysterical tone of your post is very odd. Would you accept that past performance is a good indication of future performance? If not please share the basis of your investment strategy....

Its crazy, people regard the likes of kane and naymar and so on as over-priced but the facts are they probably have 10 times the likely dividend yield as the 1 quid players being pumped.

They arent over-priced.

They are also relatively solid in they are at peak age and unlikely to see a significant drop in dividend potential. A lot of the cheaper pb players could be borderline worthless if there is a system change.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.