Noob Dividend Q

• Sorry, have looked around for answer to this but can't find it, hoping someone can help me out....

Q: I know the deadline is 2pm to buy someone to get a dividend that day, but when can I sell someone after 2pm to still qualify for that day's dividend? Do I have to hold until 2am (or whenever Dividends processed?)

• @NewUser151181 said in Noob Dividend Q:

Sorry, have looked around for answer to this but can't find it, hoping someone can help me out....

Q: I know the deadline is 2pm to buy someone to get a dividend that day, but when can I sell someone after 2pm to still qualify for that day's dividend? Do I have to hold until 2am (or whenever Dividends processed?)

Correct, you need to still be holding when the dividend is paid, like you rightly say, around 2am

• @Wolves_Ay_We ok thanks v much

• @NewUser151181 You're welcome mate, one thing I would say to watch out for is if a player isn't a regular dividend scorer, then there is sometimes a scramble to sell the player straight after the dividend has been paid so you may see a player drop by 10p for the sake of holding on for a 4p dividend, apart from my what I like to call my big 4 holds: Salah, Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar, who pay me regular dividends, I very rarely hang on for dividends from the others, and instead take profits as and when their value rises

• @Wolves_Ay_We right,7 so say if some random defender was top player one Saturday, there may be lots of sells at 2am Sunday morning?

• @NewUser151181 It's very possible, it's worth watching the markets to see how they react to such situations, try and spot patterns and capitalise on these

• @Wolves_Ay_We thanks. so far noticed there seems to be fair amount of selling in game when looks like players aren't going to get PB, although I guess WC may be bit of a unique case compared to rest of season (maybe similar in Champions League?)

• @NewUser151181 Yes correct, although when the proper season starts, you will see if someone posts a good score on the early kick off matches (pre 2pm deadline), their price will shoot up, only to drop just as quickly if someone overtakes them

Using last night as an example, I held Inui of Japan at 60p, when he scored Japan's second goal his price shot up to 72p at which point I sold up because I knew even if he'd win the dividend (he didn't) his price would have dropped straight after

• @Wolves_Ay_We right ok, always seems a bit counter-intuitive when you see selling immediately after a goal, but slowly starting to make some kind of sense!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.