Renato Tapia

• Trying to learn about this so I may be missing something but Renato Tapia seems cheap at 42p, future captain of Peru will move to a bigger team within a couple of years (maybe not europes elite but a bigger team), seems to me like there is no way he could go backwards and could triple fairly easily? What am I missing

• If you're correct and he does so within a 3 year time frame then providing you're happy to sit on that investment until then you're not missing anything - HOWEVER there's obviously no guarantee that it'll happen so it's a very speculative punt.

Personally I think Cueva is the better player and more suited to FI in terms of creativity but if I was you I'd roll with it cos it's a tough pill to swallow when you call it, don't back it and then have to watch it happen - he's little risk after all.

• @Agatello yes exactly if he drops it will be minimal and i will lose next to nothing and it would not be hard to double my money at least, I will be willing to sit on it for a couple of years, in it for the long game.

• @NewUser109195 Everything @Agatello says is correct, but I would also add that, although everyone has their own strategy, I'd say if you're banking on someone providing returns in the next couple of years why not just wait until closer to the time? He's unlikely to increase massively in price until concrete rumours of a move emerge, and if you wanted to buy say 100 shares in him you could do so much more with that 42 quid in the meantime.

• @BL__FI said in Renato Tapia:

@NewUser109195 Everything @Agatello says is correct, but I would also add that, although everyone has their own strategy, I'd say if you're banking on someone providing returns in the next couple of years why not just wait until closer to the time? He's unlikely to increase massively in price until concrete rumours of a move emerge, and if you wanted to buy say 100 shares in him you could do so much more with that 42 quid in the meantime.

I am going to be investing around 1k, if in 2 years it triples and i have 3k i am happy, better than any savings account

• Best jump on him now then before you chuck your 1k into him 😂😂😂

• @Bigfella said in Renato Tapia:

Best jump on him now then before you chuck your 1k into him 😂😂😂

Sorry not all into him haha but players of similar potential

• Wouldn't you need them all to triple for that to work though ;-)

As @BL__FI pointed out you could be wise to wait a while... however that obviously holds the risk that you're out of the country on holiday and he suddenly signs for Utd and you're sh*t out of luck.

On that point the order book when it arrives should be worth it's wait in gold depending on how it works. You could set a buy at 48p for example which will catch him on the way up if he was to BOOM for whatever reason - just an idea.

Also just wanted to check that you know that the price "roughly" goes up with every 100 futures purchased? Apologies if that's teaching you to suck eggs but some people do think they could plunge £1000 worth in at the buy price (which would be lovely but sadly not the case!)

• @NewUser109195 @Agatello
    I'd argue a better and cheaper option is the Peruvian left back Miguel Trauco. He was (in my opinion) their best and most consistent player at the WC, is cheap at around the 40p mark, has went AWOL from flamengos training since the world cup finished. Has publicly said he wants to leave, has publicly said he wants to move to Europe. And has been fairly heavily linked with Bordeaux. Even if he was to go to a non PB European league he'd still rise but his price literally has to go up if he moved to Ligue1. More chance of a return and seemingly a quicker return I would assume also.

• @John-Renwick

Good shout, 100 futures purchased :)

• @John-Renwick I'm a holder of Trauco as in my book he's bound to rise in the next week or two. Initially bought him at 39p off the back of him going AWOL and announcing he would leave. Flipped him the following day for 47p as the move to France was still only speculation.

Decided it was time to get back on yesterday after fresh reports of Bordeax and Toulouse. Got him at 42p and thought I'd gone too early! But he's back evens now thanks to your post haha.

For me he's an easy profit down the road and only a 1p spread which adds comfort

• @Pierrey2129 yeah, there's less down side when the player himself says he's wanting to move. With such a low value as well it's more upside than downside by far

• @John-Renwick - been linked to OM now as well which would mean EL. Comparable players almost twice the price. All comes down to who he transfers to now but looks like it will be a PB league 👍

• @Pierrey2129 Marseille is the dream move!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.